Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

**Contains some Spoilers** Watcher X and You

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
**Contains some Spoilers** Watcher X and You

Altyrell
01.31.2012 , 10:43 AM | #1
Now during part of the Story, your Agent starts "seeing" Watcher X who claims to be part of the programming of a Chip that was secretly implanted in you. Some players think that maybe the Agent was just imagining Watcher X and that the "Chip Implantation" was a ruse of sorts.

I actually saw that incident as being similar to that of Harvey to John Crichton from the show Farscape. In that, Harvey was a neural clone of Scorpius and exists solely in the head of John Crichton, the main character. Harvey is the result of a neural chip that was placed into Crichton's brain by Scorpius after the Aurora Chair failed to reveal the wormhole information he was after.

Of course, obviously it isn't a direct connection, but the whole Neural Clone was somewhat of a connection.

Ok, now to the point of this Thread. Would you like for BioWare to expand on the Watcher X Neural Clone, or would you rather they just not bring him/it back?

Arrys
01.31.2012 , 12:08 PM | #2
I think they are somewhat tied intoa corner as X p[ercent set him free while x percent keeled him.

the x percent that keeled him need to go the limited AI logic of his implant. And your thought process works for that.

While the y percent that didn't could theoretically be being watched and communicated with him through that implant. i.e. he drafted you for his own reasons and still watches.

It's a bit of a catch 22 for the writers I think, not that they couldn't work in the he insured his escape by placing an AI implant in you that was a portion of his consciousness but I think you have two groups of players that can look at watcher x's reappearance quite differently.

chuixupu
01.31.2012 , 02:45 PM | #3
I let Watcher X live. My personal thought about hearing/seeing him is that it was neither a hallucination nor "real", but a program that he had set up to activate at the appropriate time via those implants. I do hope that Watcher X does make a reappearance in the future, despite that he is killed in some people's stories...he was one of my favorite story NPCs.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Melchiora
01.31.2012 , 02:59 PM | #4
Um, they deliberately left it open to interpretation.

In one scene during that, he basically SAYS "Am I a residual part of the chip, or am I just your mind trying to fight back?"

They don't answer it.

He can be either.

Maybe in a later plot it'll reveal that he IS in the chip tapping into your mind.

But for now, it's a deliberate unknown.

Arrys
01.31.2012 , 03:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Melchiora View Post
Um, they deliberately left it open to interpretation.

In one scene during that, he basically SAYS "Am I a residual part of the chip, or am I just your mind trying to fight back?"

They don't answer it.

He can be either.

Maybe in a later plot it'll reveal that he IS in the chip tapping into your mind.

But for now, it's a deliberate unknown.
they could also play it both ways depending on your actions.