Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

SW:TOR - AMD/ATI & *Nvidia Increased Graphics Quality Tweak - This looks MUCH better

quickshotxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7RqU_Isw28

A simple little trick using msaa + LOD switch to get a little more out of the graphics in swtor. Im 100% sure nvidia has a way to do this too so if someone with a nvidia card wants to post a how-to here or even make a video (il link it to mine) on how to do it that would be awesome.

Considering this has almost no effect on framerate I cant see why anyone would not do this. For a 1fps loss there is really no reason not to change lod, better quality is better quality despite how u get it. Im also trying to mess with a fxaa injector (bf3's in particular) which might yield some interesting results. Until then, enjoy

Radeonpro Link : http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/

For the ATI guys/gals I recommend using catalyst 11.9 with the latest 11.9 cap. 11.10/11.11/11.12/and 12.1 beta gave me reduced performance. BF3 still runs awesome on 11.9 the only game u will lose out on is rage. atm for swtor I deff recommend 11.9 with 11.9 cap4 and radeon pro (for tweaking and crossfire stuff)

*Nvidia - Originally posted by sanosukex (diff forum)

nvidia its easy to do open nvidia inspector and go to your star wars the old republic profile

Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias- make sure this say allow

right above that is an option that says Texture Filtering LOD bias(DX9)- here you can change from 3 to -3 just like in the video

there's no mipmap slider for nvidia but you can change the texture filtering to high quality here as well..

Thank you for the feedback, both positive and negative. It helps me improve my videos and make better content overall so THX.

COMPUTER SPECS

*Windows 7 - 64 Bit

*Tower: Cooler Master 690

*Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3ghz OC'ed to 4.5ghz

*Ram: 8GB 1600mhz g.skill ripjaws

*Graphics Card: Ati 6850 x2 crossfire Oc'ed to 930/1150

*Mother Board: Asus P8P67

*Power Supply: Antec current gamer 620watt

*Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM

Edited by quickshotxx

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sanosukex

nvidia its easy to do open nvidia inspector and go to your star wars the old republic profile

Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias- make sure this say allow

right above that is an option that says Texture Filtering LOD bias(DX9)- here you can change from 3 to -3 just like in the video

there's no mipmap slider for nvidia but you can change the texture filtering to high quality here as well..

Edited by quickshotxx

Set it to 2.5 or NEGATIVE 2.5? You have it set to negative 2.5 in the video, but you suggest setting it to 2.5 in the voiceover.

Yes u want negative values. that voice over was just my bad broski. negatives = sharper textures positives = washed out textures

As much as I really appreciate some of the player base of this game posts and efforts into helping other around I strongly think this is not our problem into try to solve the lack of performance this game has it.

I hope they gonna put this on the queue task in order to improve overall performance of the game.

Much appreciate the post though