[Petition] Buying individual pieces via Collections Menu

WillCaedes

The sheer amount of shock and anger I feel for Bioware right now.

Your telling me I need a full set of whatever items I already own to unlock it via collections? ***?

I coulda sworn one of your goons did an interview with Dulfy over this system "Items will be bound individually yadayada, Revans mask to name one."

My example is this:

I bought the Eradicators Set, disliked and/or didn't need the belt or bracers at the time and sold them on the GTN for some extra creds right? Right, so 2.1 rolls out and apparently Bioware has gone back on their word.

I'll be damned if I buy another set off the market of the SAME item to unlock it for my entire account, who the HELL thought this was a brilliant idea? Did you not think your players would mix an match set pieces on characters to create a truly individual look? Is this not the point of 'customizing' your characters? To create a unique look?

No, instead of doing that Bioware, you went for the gosh darn cash cow manuever yet again, first the gambling packs, then the gambling DYE packs, now the limitations for the collection system.

So, with all that anger out of my system, I'd like to formally start a petition to do the following:

1) Unlock Items you ALREADY own and have their OWN unlock cost.

Example: You purchase the legs and boots of the Erad set, and nothing else, a new version of the collection menu allows you to buy JUST those items for unlock throughout your entire account.

If you have any constructive ideas, throw them in here as well. If you feel like sticking up for Bioware and saying this current system is so amazing yadayada, well I doubt you'll find much sympathy in this thread.

Eric Musco and Cory Butler, complicit in mishandling, misleading and otherwise giving a false answer to their customer base, fansite editor(s) regarding how 2.1's Collection System would be handled.

No wonder no one from Bioware apologized, or bothered to answer this thread, your actions speak louder than words.

PS: I DARE a CSR to pop in and apologize for Bioware going back on their word:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/06/collect-all-the-things-in-star-wars-the-old-republics-2-1-patc/

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2013-05-06/new_interview_sheds_light_on_the_upcoming_collections_system_of_swtor.shtml

http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

Edited by WillCaedes

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

Other than Cathar, 2.1 has been a disappointment to me. Not being able to unlock individual items from collections, dye modules being random, and having a crystal in a saber not adding it to your collected items is a huge letdown.

/signed.

My post from another thread:

This is not at all how the system was presented to us before now and I for one am extremely disappointed.

I really do believe that everyone at Bioware works very hard and wants this to be a great game... but honestly you continually fall short of that goal. I cannot think of a less user friendly or less useful way you could have implemented the dye and collection systems. They are both worse than similar systems other MMOs have had for years.

I suppose it is my fault for getting excited about 2.1 based on the previews given your track record. But frankly this is one subscriber who is very tired of constantly being let down.

Wow I made it to the thread about random dyes, but this is even stupider on BioWare's part.

Seriously, there's a flaw in BioWare Austin's collective decision making process, especially as it relates to the cartel market. It started on day one with all the insane F2P restrictions and it has continued all the way up to this.

/signed

So you're saying I should be able to go and buy the Eradicator's belt on the GTN for 25k, then unlock the full set via collections for me to receive all of the items free?

Never, ever gonna happen with EA.

Just curious, what would make you think that was what the OP was asking for?

So you're saying I should be able to go and buy the Eradicator's belt on the GTN for 25k, then unlock the full set via collections for me to receive all of the items free?

Never, ever gonna happen with EA.

You should read more carefully...

He's asking for INDIVIDUAL unlocks. That means whatever item he unlocked, he should be able to buy that item for other characters, rather than having to buy a full set for 1-2 pieces.

You should read more carefully...

He's asking for INDIVIDUAL unlocks. That means whatever item he unlocked, he should be able to buy that item for other characters, rather than having to buy a full set for 1-2 pieces.

Was about to post that, thanks haha.

/signed

They should just keep track of the items you have so far and let you purchase the unlock. Revan's set can be a pain in the *** to get it full, either with credits or buying packs. Since the mask is one of the most rare items from the Blockade pack, it should be separated from the rest of the pieces. Gloves and Sash are not even in the same pack I believe (They are on Space Pirate?)

/signed

I was super happy when I read the interview about copying the revan's mask to all your companions. But now that it require full set ( Belt + Gloves ) are going on GTN for 1-3m+ due to this.

A suggestion on CC cost to unlock them. If the armor collection is 6 pieces, players can pay 1/6 of the normal cost for each part to unlock so if the set cost 600 CC then 100 CC for the mask and so on. Or they could take more for the mask / chest and less for the bracers / belt.

/Signed

Patch notes:

Once an item or gear set has been acquired on a single character, the player can use Cartel Coins to unlock that item or gear set for all characters on the account, with the exception of level 15, 31, and 43 Adaptable gear and Cartel Reputation items.

spent all my CC i jsut bought on more box's for chances at cool stuff, now with very little left i goto transfer my skiff to all my toon... and it tells me it's gonna be that individual toon only..

Intentional false info, or just epic fail patch?

Again @ Bioware incase they lost the main theme of this thread during the pages that ensued:

We're mad/sad because we were misled by an interview with a Dev, as well as reported news stories linked in the Original Post of this thread.

We do not feel as though we should be required to own an entire set when some of us build custom looks with puzzle pieces of multiple sets for our distinct look/character.

Please please PLEASE remedy this.

/signed

I have loads of individual pieces from various Cartel Pack armor sets that I would love to replicate, but the exorbitant cost of completing sets ensures this won't happen. I should think very few people have entire sets of the Cartel Pack armors, making this feature utterly useless for most of the game's population.

Implementation is in complete contrast to presentation.

Edited by Khindred

/signed

I have loads of individual pieces from various Cartel Pack armor sets that I would love to replicate, but the exorbitant cost of completing sets ensures this won't happen. I should think very few people have entire sets of the Cartel Pack armors, making this feature utterly useless for most of the game's population.

Implementation is in complete contrast to presentation.

Indeed, very sad. I know for certain I myself saw no point in collecting or saving full sets. This patch seems extremely absurd.

Edited by WillCaedes

/Sign

Bioware Bait and Switch (again)

From a May 6th interview: http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

Once you've obtained an item on a character, that item will be marked in your collection, allowing you to recreate that item for that character. Pay a few Cartel Coins and that item unlocks for every character in your account, including characters on other servers.

Also:

Once you have bound an item on a character, it becomes unlocked in your Collection and you can create unlimited copies for that character.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

1. A small fee was mentioned to essentially unlock an item. Does the fee depend on the item or is it the same amount for everything?

Once you have bound an item on a character, it becomes unlocked in your Collection and you can create unlimited copies for that character. It is only the account-wide access unlock that costs Cartel Coins. For pack items, the Cartel Coin cost is based on item rarity, and ranges from 60 to 600 CC. For direct-sale items, the unlock fee is a fraction of the item’s base price.

From an interview here: http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=3014

Specifically says "item", not set...disappointed.