Leveling slower

Just came back after a long absence.

Took one of my characters that was 56 and zipped to 60 in the blink of an eye... Ok, so it was in the course of doing the first Darth Mangus (?) Flashpoint on Ilum. Don't really want to gain another 5 doing the 2nd part.

Is there a way to reduce the exp gained (short of skipping content) or slowing leveling? I have 12 characters between 50 and 55, and have all the crafts/harvesters covered. I'm gaining levels much faster than I can upgrade their equipment. I know the equipt dropped is real good now, but I enjoy the "crafting" almost as a separate game.

edit: I've heard there's a way to buy some token to slow down the exp gained. Can someone tell me where that is?

The game scales you back to level appropriate to the zone, no?

Be thankful you weren't here a few weeks ago with the Exp boost event. Wow,...!

They even have an item you can pop to disable that.

Edited by WelbyWars

Thanks for the quick responses.

I'd noticed that there was another (smaller) level number on the portrait. I'm guessing that's what it's modded your char to... So, guess it doesn't matter and I can just go ahead and gain away. :)

Exactly what it means. Good observation :)

The game scales you back to level appropriate to the zone, no?

No. It scales you back to be overleveled for the zone. You can end up anywhere from 2-8 level higher than the mobs you are fighting depending on where on the planet you are.