Keith since you are on we have a few questions on companions

Nightfrogger

Are new returning companions going to be lacking their equipped custimizations (the ones we left on them when we vanished years ago) in their new cut scenes? Is this a bug or the new norm?

Why did Malavai Quinn get his companion name changed to just Quinn?

And not that I am complaining about this one, but why can I now have him twice in my same stronghold as two seperate decorations?

Why do returned companions no longer give their planet commentarry, even when they are returned to their original characters like Kaliyo to an agent, no more Nar Shaada comments :(

Also when you click on them they use to have their mouths move when they said their click on them dialog...this no longer happens. It is like in your absence while you were off being in carbonite and being the outlander all of them suddenly became expert ventriloquists.

I know a bit of a list but many of us are curious about these. If you could answer any of these it would be awesome.

Edited by Nightfrogger

One thing I'd say is that it's pretty clear that the "returning" companions are mechanically not the old companions at all, but rather new companions with the same name and default appearance, the unlocking of whom permanently removes the possibility of using the old ones (Hence the two different stronghold decorations). I haven't checked, but can you equip customizations on them at all? If so, it could just be that they default to being uncustomized because the game has no way of knowing that the original ones had the customizations.

Why it had to be done this way, I have no idea, since the companion locator terminal shows us that it's possible to just get the original companion back, and we know from class stories that companions can show up in cutscenes. I guess it's just the cross-class issue that's messing things up. Still, if they could modify the terminal so that you could replace returned companions with their older versions, that might be nice for anyone who lost customizations and such, but it could play hell with future cutscenes. Maybe just for alert recruits and anybody who's ended up in Schrodinger Land (like Aric Jorgan or Vette).

After you get them after finishing Iokath, you can apply the customisations on them, and if you take them to some content, those appear in the cutscenes.

I guess it's just the cross-class issue that's messing things up.

I'm not sure it's the reason. It wasn't an issue in KOTFE chapters, when many comps returned. It's only the case for Iokath (so far). In KOTFE chapter 13, my warrior's Vette was her red Vette. In Iokath, my warrior's Quinn was some white dude she hadn't married.

They made that change for Iokath, thus ruining the RP experience for many players who used the customisations for those two returning companions.