West Coast servers offline??

Belpheghor

"At 3AM Central time we will be bringing The Bastion and The Harbinger down for maintenance. More info: http://bit.ly/KsKjNM " -swtor's twitter. They have no idea when the servers will come back up.

Great, what did they break THIS time. So now I get 2 maintenence days then eh? Today, then the 21st, double the fun.

OK fine, they don't want me to play their game, it's off to Rift I guess. You gotta love how even after 2 years they still don't know what they're doing.

Great, what did they break THIS time. So now I get 2 maintenence days then eh? Today, then the 21st, double the fun.

OK fine, they don't want me to play their game, it's off to Rift I guess. You gotta love how even after 2 years they still don't know what they're doing.

It seems they DO know what they're doing. They're doing... maintenance.

Obviously you'd prefer that they not correct whatever happened (because you know that technology never has any problems or gets borked in any way). You're right, they should have not done a maintenance to fix a problem that cropped up.

Damn right!

Because this kind of stuff never happens on other MMO's!

Get a grip EAware!

:rolleyes:

'MURICA!

That's right guys, tell 'em with hyperbole, it's the American way. Why be a reasonable human being when you can be a caveman instead.

True, but objectively SWTOR customer service is pretty horrible. My last billing issue with them involved an hour-long conversation with idiots from somewhere in Eastern Europe(?) and even after getting a manager on the phone and fixing the problem they lied about sending me an email to confirm they'd fixed their charges.

They fired all the good customer service (and dev) people right before F2P happened - who knows what they have working now.

Edited by jgelling

Agreed, customer support is a waste of revenue in its current state. I had a bank issue and had to phone CS on the very expensive premium number and got through to Dublin and took a long time to get fixed. I could have driven there in under an hour and the petrol would have cost less.

Nonetheless, that did not cause me to have a tantrum publicly or privately.

Edited by theonetruebleed

'MURICA!

That's right guys, tell 'em with hyperbole, it's the American way. Why be a reasonable human being when you can be a caveman instead.

As an American caveman I can and will. It IS the American way, don't believe me, ask Alabama Man

In the US if something doesn't work right we kick it's ***, have fun trying to be a "human being" and get nothing done.......TEAM AMERICA F*CK YEAH!

As an American caveman I can and will. It IS the American way, don't believe me, ask Alabama Man
In the US if something doesn't work right we kick it's ***, have fun trying to be a "human being" and get nothing done.......TEAM AMERICA F*CK YEAH!

Ok, but... what have you gotten done? Servers are still down :cool:

It seems they DO know what they're doing. They're doing... maintenance.

Obviously you'd prefer that they not correct whatever happened (because you know that technology never has any problems or gets borked in any way). You're right, they should have not done a maintenance to fix a problem that cropped up.

Been down over 4 hours from a problem for the day before. They are still troubleshooting the problem and have no ETA. Obviously they know what they're doing?!

Ok, but... what have you gotten done? Servers are still down :cool:

Ummm, it was a joke, made in frustration....

Obviously mad my server has been down for hours with zero explanation and reading people bashing on America was too tempting to leave alone.

Been down over 4 hours from a problem for the day before. They are still troubleshooting the problem and have no ETA. Obviously they know what they're doing?!

Some people would just like to kiss-butt by saying the devs obviously know what they're doing.

It doesn't even matter when you have unscheduled downtime for twice as long as scheduled downtime, or patches so bad you could read the "Fall of the Roman Empire" while you wait for a 25 MB download to install. They're totally convinced the dev team is solid.

Some people would just like to kiss-butt by saying the devs obviously know what they're doing.

It doesn't even matter when you have unscheduled downtime for twice as long as scheduled downtime, or patches so bad you could read the "Fall of the Roman Empire" while you wait for a 25 MB download to install. They're totally convinced the dev team is solid.

Kinda sad too imho, why kiss butt when YOUR the paying customer ffs! They aren't our boss, they don't write our checks, we basically write theirs, so we have a right to not only have a good product but some god damn customer service, which we get little of.

I love the game and wouldn't be ************ in the forums if I hated it, but Bioware needs to give more feedback to it's players and have a greater presence on the forums in general.