need help with deciding which stat setup to go with for vengeance pve

andywilsonght

hey guys, I've been playing jugg for a while and see that there are 2 ways to gear your jugg up. there is with the high alacrity build and the low alacrity build. which one do you guys think will give you better results dps wise in pve? currently I have the low alacrity, but a few nights ago I was raiding and this jugg on my raid team was doing much higher dps than me with a high alacrity build on draxus nim. so what do you guys think? Edited by andywilsonght

High alacrity is better DPS overall, but the difference shouldn't be that major. The top high alacrity Veng parse is only 1.3% higher DPS than the top low alacrity Veng parse. When you account for the greater burst potential of low alacrity, it's a toss-up that likely favors the high alacrity build by a very small margin. Edited by Eli_Porter

High alacrity is better DPS overall, but the difference shouldn't be that major. The top high alacrity Veng parse is only 1.3% higher DPS than the top low alacrity Veng parse. When you account for the greater burst potential of low alacrity, it's a toss-up that likely favors the high alacrity build by a very small margin.

how can you tell if a parse is low/high alacrity?

Remember too; what might work best on a dummy/paper doesn't necessarily translate to being the best in the thick of the action.

Personally I use to run a high Alacrity build quite a while ago, but then switched over to the low Alacrity build and found that worked far better for me in ops and with my playstyle :)

However as mentioned, there isn't much difference between each so either is viable and if one really wanted, you could try out either build and see which works best for you ;)

~Ace

• 2 weeks later...
With that high alacrity build, you guys got around ~1300 critical rating with 248 gear right ?

If you go high alacrity you must clearly use the proficiency stim to maximize the tertiary stat pool. If you go low alacrity, you use the versatile stim instead. With full gear you should be able to land around 1600 crit with 1860 alacrity.

If you go high alacrity you must clearly use the proficiency stim to maximize the tertiary stat pool. If you go low alacrity, you use the versatile stim instead. With full gear you should be able to land around 1600 crit with 1860 alacrity.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Going to try with the high alacrity build for a bit =)