Odd / Minor Stronghold Concern

Muljo_Stpho

In the stronghold management window on the personal page, it lists my strongholds in the order Coruscant, Tatooine, Kaas City, Nar Shaddaa. I don't know if that's just me or if that's what everyone sees. But either way, unless I'm overlooking something it doesn't appear to offer any option to move these around to a custom order. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem except for one minor thing...

When you click the stronghold's name you get the owner and title dropdown menus to customize that name. For the first three listed strongholds I can view the full list of owner/title options, but for the fourth one only the first 10 fit on the screen. I have 18 characters, so 8 of my character names are below the bottom of the screen and inaccessible. If I want to change the name of my Nar Shaddaa stronghold and need to use one of the cut off names, what am I supposed to do?

I can enable movable secondary windows in the interface editor, and that will let me scoot the stronghold window up a bit higher on the screen. This only brings the bottom stronghold's owner options up to the first 13-14 listed though. Another workaround appears to be reducing the global scale of the UI in the interface editor. Reducing the window size to 0.75 (I leave it at 1 and I only reduce the size of individual components in my setup normally) allowed even the default positioned stronghold management window to show all 18 of my characters as owner options for that fourth stronghold on the list.

It's kind of weird that it can't just display the list a bit higher on the screen to avoid the edge of the screen though. Or if that can't be done for some reason maybe it could just list strongholds in order of most to least recently visited so we can just visit a stronghold to bump it to the top of the list where all options will be visible.

• 10 months later...

As I had mentioned in the original post, what you're looking for is the "global scale" setting. This changes ALL interface elements including things that don't have windows in the interface editor such as the stronghold management window, inventory, character sheet, and mission log. Since this messes with the appearance of everything all at once, you'll most likely want to change this setting back after you use it to make the stronghold label change you had wanted to make.

edit: On another note , imagine how much more obvious this oversight will get if anyone out there takes full advantage of the increased number of character slots (either 40 or 50, as mentioned in the recent stream) that we'll have when 4.0 launches.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho