Operative DPS OP!

Cempa

In anticipation of 2.6 I can see Operative DPS going back to what is was after launch...Here is a video of a level 55 to show what they are doing RIGHT NOW:

Here is a video of what they did before the nurf and to ask if this is what BW wants to happen again in 2.6:

(10k opener)

A page out of Blizzard book of how to keep the kids re-rolling!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In anticipation of 2.6 I can see Operative DPS going back to what is was after launch...Here is a video of a level 55 to show what they are doing RIGHT NOW:

Here is a video of what they did before the nurf and to ask if this is what BW wants to happen again in 2.6:

(10k opener)

That video at the top (Dylic or whatever) was filled with him roflstomping 2-3 good players, the rest being complete n00bs. And when there are n00bs in the arguement, it's invalid. Just give the DPS operatives the bone they deserve and be done with it, they're lacking dcds so it's not like we'll get a new smashrauder :rolleyes:

That video at the top (Dylic or whatever) was filled with him roflstomping 2-3 good players, the rest being complete n00bs. And when there are n00bs in the arguement, it's invalid. Just give the DPS operatives the bone they deserve and be done with it, they're lacking dcds so it's not like we'll get a new smashrauder :rolleyes:

Operative DPS is not bad, it just lacks DCDs and the is too reliant on RNG.

Give operatives a better defense and a talent in concealment that buffs crit and they will be what they should be - a high skill class that hits hard and has a ton of utility.

So let me get this right. OPs can now PK and dont have to run away anymore? Damn I wish my slinger had the run away option also to call it even.

Ops needed no love to be honest. The best Ops or Scoundrels I seen know when players CDs are on cool and move in for the kill. All this patch means any derp can play a stealthy now. This reminds me of FotM back in the day.

So let me get this right. OPs can now PK and dont have to run away anymore? Damn I wish my slinger had the run away option also to call it even.

Ops needed no love to be honest. The best Ops or Scoundrels I seen know when players CDs are on cool and move in for the kill. All this patch means any derp can play a stealthy now. This reminds me of FotM back in the day.

So what you say sounds like operatives / scoundrels will be like smash? Too easy to do lot of damage? :p

What do you expect after they made smash 'monkey' that any one can play even really bad coordinated, action bar tunnel-visioned no-skill person can be good at! They will dumb down the game so much! Sad, OP in PvP is in a good place if played like a stealth class that picks when it attacks...

What do you expect after they made smash 'monkey' that any one can play even really bad coordinated, action bar tunnel-visioned no-skill person can be good at! They will dumb down the game so much! Sad, OP in PvP is in a good place if played like a stealth class that picks when it attacks...

Skill = damage is not that justified currently.

Edited by Aetideus

Anybody who thinks that operative dps is in a very good position in the current state of the game in competitive pvp is a noob - sorry.

Yes if they get lucky crits and a good string of lacerates they can do very good consistent damage and burst, but so can anything else. I find it funny when people cry about how hard their openers hit whenever a smasher can hit just as hard but to 5 different people at the same time.

I do disagree with a damage increase but they definitely need something like more defensive cooldowns tied to the dps tree, maybe a passive aoe 30% damage reduction would help a bit, but you will find operative dps with how squishy it is won't be viable in top-end play because a good team can just hard switch and murder them.

The scrapper/concealment who you see that are really good are very few and far between. Would love to see some ranked arena gameplay though.

Orbital strike/XS flyby is getting nerfed (scoundrel top 3 Q&A). I hope for dps buff, they reduce backblast (and operative variant) from 12s back to 9s, that is probably a significant buff right there, don't know why it was nerfed in the first place, also really smoothes out rotation.

Anybody who thinks that operative dps is in a very good position in the current state of the game in competitive pvp is a noob - sorry.

Yes if they get lucky crits and a good string of lacerates they can do very good consistent damage and burst, but so can anything else. I find it funny when people cry about how hard their openers hit whenever a smasher can hit just as hard but to 5 different people at the same time.

I do disagree with a damage increase but they definitely need something like more defensive cooldowns tied to the dps tree, maybe a passive aoe 30% damage reduction would help a bit, but you will find operative dps with how squishy it is won't be viable in top-end play because a good team can just hard switch and murder them.

Go watch the clip..go watch many clips by others in rated...Just because YOU can not do it only means the issue is between your chair and keyboard!

Edited by Cempa

Go watch the clip..go watch many clips by others in rated...Just because YOU can not do it only means the issue is between your chair and keyboard!

Clip is mostly just kill clips, easy to do. And most kills, the opponent are just sitting there waiting to die. If you look at the health of them, they are mostly in between 23-27k hp, compared to him on 30k hp + stim. People use stun breaker at wrong times or don't even use it at all.

Would love to see these rated clips you mention.

Edited by deanth

Just because a concealment can 1v1 terrible players doesn't mean its a viable spec. Go try running an operative dps in solo ranked or 4's and then tell me they are still good.

(10k opener)

Might it be that people have a reason to roll a DPS other than a sent/mara? Good lord! The horror!

The only ops in ranked arenas are healers. You bring a concealment op into a ranked arena and you are just asking for a loss. I don't care how good you are with that spec, you cannot win against good teams with a dps op on yours. That is how bad they are right now compared to the other dps specs in the game.

(10k opener)

YAY! WE ARE MAKING JUDGEMENTS BEFORE KNOWING THE FULL EXTENT OF THE CHANGES!! YAY!!! WAITING AND JUDGING WHEN WE GET THE FULL INFO IS OVERRATED!!! :p

Love how the OP had to go all the way back to 1.2 to find good clips. Also love how these clips show only one thing to me. Op in end game pvp gear beats scrub in 47 greens. Guess bolster would help eliminate that possibility from happening again though.

Lulz at this whole thread, I pray to jesus we get what you guys think we are getting. I hope its 1.1 all over again, except this time theyve upgraded to ui so that when you die youll be sent directly to the subsription page, to streamline the unsub process.

What happens to a team of stunlocking operatives who attack a juggernaut with saber reflect up...do they all immeadiatly unsub? Thats the real question we need to be addressing.