Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Server merge will make those players who unsubscribed come back for sure!! This is a win for BioWare/ EA! Not only, it will make us Oceanic players happy because of the healthy server population again, for you guys, BioWare will have more moolah because of the subscriptions!.. It's both a WIN-WIN for all of us.

I think Y'vaine/JcPogi really hits the nail on the head with this comment!

I know Bioware has counter argued they want to give the APAC community the choice of which server they play on but I do think a gamer, regardless of their intentions to RP or PvP would rather be on a well populated server than a server with very low population.

Edited by Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Bioware has counter argued they want to give the APAC community the choice of which server they play on but I do think a gamer, regardless of their intentions to RP or PvP would rather be on a well populated server than a server with very low population.

Better yet,

No one on Master D cares at all if it's not a "PvP" server.

Nobody even ganks, or anything that would effect any form of way that would detriment our game play being on a PVE server.

Alot of Dalborra q's for PVP, and alot of Master Dar Nala PVE.

I find the argument their making under the guise of choice to be counter productive by offering choice of server type

They have made the issue of population worse

The apac region gamer population especially Aus Nz is quite small compared to other regions

And already spread thin across many games and regardless of your preferred server type 3 servers are unnecessary in this region

Edited by denpic

Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

A layperson's casual observation of Imperial fleet populations should really be enough to promote the developers to act... Doesn't really take an in-depth analysis and board meeting to figure this one out.

Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update Joveth. When you guys conclude your evaluation please don't sit on for months, please report your findings to us. Even if it is something we will not like. You guys tend to sit on things that are negative and then drop them on us at the last moment. Imo this just makes it worse.

Thanks again.

Thanks for an official reply at least...

I am borderline on staying with this game (having been with it since pre-release) but I REALLY want to feel like I have a future with it ..

I feel a server merge, or a transfer option to super-servers is really ALL I need to feel like there is a reason to stay.

Please also be aware that *I* consider the 12 slot thing a non issue. Im happy with the existing 8 if it means you do something VERY SOON to address the server population issue.

Hello,

I'm the GM of Praxium, one of the largest guilds in the Imperial side on Gav Daragon. I think I can speak on behalf of my guild when I say that I fully agreed with this thread, something needs to be done about the low servers populations or else the APAC will end up being empty.

I know that Praxium, like most of the larger guilds, has lost many good players due to this issue, people are unsubbing because there is simply nothing to do, when we can barely pull together a group for something like HM Denova, when PVP sometimes only pops a few times a night, and you have to premake groups for your random HMs or else they don't pop. That's not an MMO...

I'm glad to see that this thread has gained the attention of the moderaters, and I am interested to see where this issue goes from here. I'm half expecting they're just gonna give us paid transfers to Dalborra when F2P comes out, which I don't think is an acceptable solution.

And as many people have said before, people on the RP server would generally rather play on a more popular non RP server where of course they can still RP, than stick to a dying RP server just for the sake of it. I'm sure the situation is also similar for the PVP server.

Cheers,

arachan.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

Thanks again.

thank you for your reposne.It make me feel better that you notice our problem.but juding from the fact that you are still in a stage that will talk about this problem with your team in the next few day. i guess the solution won t come out in the next 1 or 2 week.......

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update.

I know you have previously said on twitter that you want to offer APAC players the option of all the servers, but dead servers are not good for anyone. Please seriously consider either a server merge or free transfers to the PvE server.

I do agree that we do not have the population of other servers in America and Europe, but I do not see the problem with population on Gav Daragon. I regularly see 20 or so lv50s on the rep fleet and know there are many more (at-least twice this number on other planets). So where is the problem of population the max number of players you can have in an ops group is 32 so with these numbers it would theoretically be easy to finish flashpoints/operations (I know most have not got the gear to complete hard mode but it is our job to help them get there). This does come from the view point of someone under lv50 but I do help the lv50s in my guild (chaos squad).

I do agree that we do not have the population of other servers in America and Europe, but I do not see the problem with population on Gav Daragon. I regularly see 20 or so lv50s on the rep fleet and know there are many more (at-least twice this number on other planets). So where is the problem of population the max number of players you can have in an ops group is 32 so with these numbers it would theoretically be easy to finish flashpoints/operations (I know most have not got the gear to complete hard mode but it is our job to help them get there). This does come from the view point of someone under lv50 but I do help the lv50s in my guild (chaos squad).

guys...as a fellow lv 50 from Gav Daragon.I strongly disagree with you.Pop on other planet is not even 10 or 5 (usually lower than 5) while the imp fleet never have more than 20 without peak time.PVP situlation is even worse i que from 18.00-23.00 only to play 2-3 game PVP. IT s too much i can t even save up WZ com anymore.(in case you dont know a pvp is sperate between 1-49 and 50 and since we have few 50 who actually play we even get less PVP.) and Flashpoint is dead.I rarely see anyone chat in general that they need someone for flashpont and even if i see one i still see him pose the same thing for almost an hour till he gives up.The game is unplayable for LV 50 right now for gav daragon we can t PVP we can t Flashpoint or Hm we don t have anything to play.WE need more POP by anymean necessary. AND NOW or SOON !!

but um...look at it again maybe i think you just try to wanna be an oppositon of somekind from the majority or something like that for trolling purpose..well...then NVM.

Edited by banlungx

I'm still playing because of the local servers, 25ms versus 600-800ms is no contest. If there were no local servers I probably wouldn't play. Also I'm on a PvP server but I don't think world PvP as it stands is worth the trouble. Players are the life of the game and currently we're spread too thin.

Nice to see this post but with Biowares track record it's all talk and no action now can this be a change ? who really knows i doubt it lets give them till tuesday to give us what they gave everybody else.

I have to agree with you here. Many a time EAware has said they will take action on various tasks, yet have not followed through.

Thank you Joveth for the official response. I'm glad the Developers are taking notice, though I would like to see these words put into action.

I'm still playing because of the local servers, 25ms versus 600-800ms is no contest. If there were no local servers I probably wouldn't play. Also I'm on a PvP server but I don't think world PvP as it stands is worth the trouble. Players are the life of the game and currently we're spread too thin.

Get yourself a better ISP or replace a new boardband modem might help?

I don't live in Australia, I live in Hong Kong. My ping to Aus servers is around 160ms~180ms, my ping to US servers is around 150ms~170ms.

I can't believe you have 600ms~800ms from Aus to US, seriously?? You are talking like you live in third world with using a 28k modem.... I heard someone from Thailand still can manage with 350ms, twice as fast as yours. Hell 350ms is already very close to "unplayable". LOL, please don't fool me I don't think connection to US is that bad from Aus.