Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

That one was a real howler.

Even if the premade isn't on voice chat (and many are) they usually have other advantages in not being a random assortment of players of varying levels of experience or gearing, and unlike most PUGs, usually have an ideal class/spec breakdown in their group. When you're part of a PUG with no healers versus a double premade with two that spend much of the match guarded...good luck with that. The only chance the PUG has if the premade plays exceptionally poorly.

Are premades invincible? Of course not. Sometimes they do play poorly or go for that greedy 3 cap, resulting in a heaping dose of humble pie. They might also get a taste of their own medicine and get an opposing team that has its own premade, except that one happens to be better, or a PUG that just happens to have 3 or 4 outstanding players. Claiming premades aren't queuing with a built in advantage over most PUGs however, is laughable.

People usually will defend their advantages however rather than admit those advantages are unfair or even exist. That is also why for example no matter how well needed a nerf, you'll always get some who will wail and gnash their teeth. Or why some will howl if you suggest that gear shouldn't be a factor in PVP. It's no different in this thread. Some of the players who don't solo queue will get defensive when criticism is directed at their advantage.

There is an element of truth as well to the fact that most regular premade players aren't actually that good, the premade just creates an illusion of it. The PVP communities are small and it doesn't take long to get familiar with the names of most of the regulars in regs, as well as the groups/guilds that run regular premades. The great majority aren't crushing the ranked leaderboards if they even step foot there at all, and you do sometimes come across regular premade players solo. Most of the time they're fairly average when they don't have a pocket healer and two other groupmates in tow. There are of course always exceptions.

That all said I'm not sure that banning premades or creating a separate queue for them would change anything. A separate queue wouldn't get used as most premaders are just looking to curb-stomp the opposition, not run into a challenge, and those that would want a challenge wouldn't use the premade queue for lack of regular pops. Players would also find ways around a premade ban, and I'm not sure that is entirely a good idea anyway considering this is first and foremost a multiplayer game.

Maybe PVPing solo should just net greater rewards if paired against a premade, without one of your own on the same team. Increased valor gains, UCs, ect.

This one was a real howler.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people still playing this game are bad, that includes the overwhelming majority of premades. If you're constantly losing to these trash teams, you might want to look at how YOU can get better, rather than how to water down a game that is already stuck in easy-mode. Stop making excuses for why you always lose and be honest with yourself, you lose because your bad, you hate premades because no decent players ever invite you to group with them, you are the problem.

You cant blame the players for people leaving the game, that is nonsense

if anyone is to blame here its bioware, it wouldnt have been hard to setup queues to match premades against each other & throw all the solo queued players in together

of course now that the population is basically dead its probably not the right course of action

dont think for a second though that a solo queue will stop your team getting flogged by 2-3 good players who have no affiliation with each other

Im saying thay the fault lies with both the players and BW for not figuring something out. Everything else I agree witj.

Most people still playing this game are bad, that includes the overwhelming majority of premades. If you're constantly losing to these trash teams, you might want to look at how YOU can get better, rather than how to water down a game that is already stuck in easy-mode. Stop making excuses for why you always lose and be honest with yourself, you lose because your bad, you hate premades because no decent players ever invite you to group with them, you are the problem.

Does this mean I can declare myself good as I'm not really playing anymore? Yay me \o/

Good god this is STILL going on a year later? Its not changing, deal with it. Its an MMO, people group. Make a few friends, group up yourself, and take the fight to them.

I hate facing them as it generally means a mismatch, just far too much advantage to overcome unless they are walking dead. Even when they are on my team it takes the fun out of it. That having been said beating them is mahogany level stuff. Some teams are beatable, others are not, learn which is which and pick your battles. There is no other choice.

I personally am falling into the "if you cant beat them join them" crowd at this point. There are just far too many reason why it makes sense with the CXP grind and everything else, playing solo is just masochistic at this point.

Good god this is STILL going on a year later? Its not changing, deal with it. Its an MMO, people group. Make a few friends, group up yourself, and take the fight to them.

I hate facing them as it generally means a mismatch, just far too much advantage to overcome unless they are walking dead. Even when they are on my team it takes the fun out of it. That having been said beating them is mahogany level stuff. Some teams are beatable, others are not, learn which is which and pick your battles. There is no other choice.

I personally am falling into the "if you cant beat them join them" crowd at this point. There are just far too many reason why it makes sense with the CXP grind and everything else, playing solo is just masochistic at this point.

2012, its 2017, this post has been going for 5 years brobrobubblebuddy

2012, its 2017, this post has been going for 5 years brobrobubblebuddy

Wow... ok well my own views are known and quite frankly most people that give me grief for it miss the point entirely but it is what it is.

The bottom line it doesn't matter what I think or what anyone thinks, its working as intended as the saying goes. Learn your class as best you can then start grouping up. Anything else is just asking to get knocked into the next galaxy so to speak.

For those still trying to fight it i say this.... most people will help if you ask, grow a pair, start talking to people, embrace the whole "multi" in the MMO, group up, guild up, and live life to the fullest. :)

Oh and DO NOT ask in gen chat you'll get nothing but trolls. Whisper those who seem to get it and talk to them directly.

Yesterday I finnly had a day off where I didnt have to do anything. My family was away so I could play swtor all day \o/

Anyway, so I quickly realized that what I need to do requires a group and that at those times ppl just dont que for FPS or so. I decided to spend some time PVPing, as there was and 242 Offhand in my invetory, which I wanted to upgrade to 248.

It went quite well with us rolling over the imps (I played my mando btw), but then shortly after lunch at around 1 pm I started seeing this Sync Squad guild and ppl with weird character names. They were a premade and basically dominated every match. They werent killable due to the combination of healer skank tanks and operatives (They probably sync qued 6 ppl). The interesting part was that this went on for hours and hours. I did other stuff in the mean time but I wanted to finish weekly on that day for the Components. They really kept it running till about 7 PM when I stopped quing. So WOW! I mean 6 hours of regs straight!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep me too thze other day went on ranked , got myself against some ukranian squad 3 times in a row , didn't even stand a chance against them, even that im not a pro pvp-er but not a noob one to so yeah

Would you like FREE STUFF IN SWTOR: For a FREE Character transfer+other unlocks- Use my SWTOR Referral Link http://www.swtor.com/r/MM9fkv

I q solo and win most of the time or at least enjoy myself cause I’m

Beating people 1v1 in some cases. If I’m on my own I tend to guard and win the 1v1s. To those people upset its not the fault of the premade it’s the fault of the player base. Most people suck these days. I’m good enough to carry or at least not feel like I’m being carried. When you’re put in a group of ****ters, it’s rough. But no, no solo que. be better, if you don’t have time to play the game at an optimal level, you risk not having the benefit of a team by your side.

I q solo and win most of the time or at least enjoy myself cause I’m

Beating people 1v1 in some cases. If I’m on my own I tend to guard and win the 1v1s. To those people upset its not the fault of the premade it’s the fault of the player base. Most people suck these days. I’m good enough to carry or at least not feel like I’m being carried. When you’re put in a group of ****ters, it’s rough. But no, no solo que. be better, if you don’t have time to play the game at an optimal level, you risk not having the benefit of a team by your side.

I suspect your definition of a premade differs somewhat from mine. When I talk premade (and unbalanced matches in general) I am referring to getting 3-capped in CW or double capped/denied in AHG or behind 3-0 within the first 2 minutes in Buttball. Those are the matches I mostly complain about, as they are utterly pointless for everyone.

In those matches you will not be able to 1v1 someone trying to nodecap you (which you shouldn't try to begin with, unless in you are going to lose the match anyway), as their 117 millions stealth friends has also tagged along :p.

No one can "carry" in those kind of matches.

This topic and thread has been going back and forth for years and there are distinct trends for when this topic raises its ugly head.

* influx of newer pvpers (usually forced by Bioware to obtain something not used or needed in pvp)

* departure of lots of veteran pvpers at once (reduces quality player population)

* major class imblances

* major nerfs or buffs

* influx of returning players (new content or fixed mechanics... other game closures or failures)

* pvp population migrations from server to server or mergers

Just about all of the above is or has been happening for months now.

Normally I’m on the side of premades being fine because premades don’t mean they are good... and good players don’t actually need to be in a premade to operate like a premade.

You can have a team of 4 high skilled players who don’t know each other and 4 other randoms. Those 4 skilled players will often play like a premade because they know exactly what to do and how to play. Good premades or good player default premades dont even need things like voice chat or even to communicate for tactical advanatage.

But at the moment we don’t have people forming premades to have trinity teams or to learn or to have a tactical advantage of voice chat,...

What I’m seeing... are people forming weird premades like 3-4 healers or 3 healers and 1 tank... I’ve not seen one trinity premade or skilled premade since I resubbed.

I can only theorise they are making these premades because they can’t dps or need that many healers to stay alive... of course there are the premade trolls who are making those stupid combinations to farm numbers, ruin matches and abuse people (you know who you are... a certain Imp guild on Harbinger)...

At the moment those premades I’m seeing are ruining matches because every match is boring. Too many healers or healer tank combos. Any more than 4 healers in any match is bad... but when you see 8+ healers and tanks in matches... it’s time to leave... it’s boring and is just big numbers parsing exercise.

I like premades normally, but this rubbish is out of control

Bioware need to bring in a role check mechanism when queuing for pvp... so there is some basic match making,

Edited by Icykill_

Premades aren't ruining PvP. The natural progression of PvP is ruining PvP. The better everyone currently playing gets, the steeper the learning curve is for someone new to not be a complete waste of a slot.

I just got out of several games where one pub on Harbinger told everyone to just pile on one node in Civil War. If your team can't win, just piling on one node is optimal strategy because there's no way that team is going to take and hold two. If the game keeps making "matches" like that over and over, there's something seriously wrong with the game.

The healer/tank spam premades are another result of the natural progression of the PvP part of the game: you need DPS to win, but if your objective is to just stay alive and not get globaled, guess what people are going to take? Yep, the will-probably-lose strategy of healer/tank spam over the certain-to-lose strategy of the full trinity.

Sorry, I just woke up. Is it 2014 yet?

Edited by ALaggyGrunt

Lovely evening. First MVPs queue sync on pub side in ranked, and the World Bears and DHQ (or something like that) double queue sync in regs. And you wonder why PVP in this game is dying :rolleyes:

Yeah.. those scum always que sync in weekends on TRE and us imps are idiots all the time and keep queing ranked regardless and get shafted.

Premades aren't ruining PvP. The natural progression of PvP is ruining PvP. The better everyone currently playing gets, the steeper the learning curve is for someone new to not be a complete waste of a slot.

I just got out of several games where one pub on Harbinger told everyone to just pile on one node in Civil War. If your team can't win, just piling on one node is optimal strategy because there's no way that team is going to take and hold two. If the game keeps making "matches" like that over and over, there's something seriously wrong with the game.

The healer/tank spam premades are another result of the natural progression of the PvP part of the game: you need DPS to win, but if your objective is to just stay alive and not get globaled, guess what people are going to take? Yep, the will-probably-lose strategy of healer/tank spam over the certain-to-lose strategy of the full trinity.

Sorry, I just woke up. Is it 2014 yet?

The problem with healer tank premades is that the opposite team is highly likely to be inferior on that regard.. which result in farming and constant death/frustration for the non premade team which has some t1 juggs and sorcs who are dead the moment they set foot on the field.

You cannot do enough DPS if you aren't healed enough comapared to the tank healer armada you face.

If you're a decent/good player, you will be a top damage dealer in your team but you can't really do more than that.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Yeah.. those scum always que sync in weekends on TRE and us imps are idiots all the time and keep queing ranked regardless and get shafted.

I will be making a republic toon (level 70, valor 25) for the solo purpose of disrupting and discouraging them. I will add their names and when they queue I will also queue and lose on purpose :D

And that goes for every bloody queue syncers :cool:

Premade is'nt the problem, it's the lack of q balance (like many player said Split healer tank on both team)

if their is 2 premade put one on each team, allonw cross faction for making more easier this balance.

Will see maybe with server Merged they can do That but i have few hope left for pvp and this game in general

Edited by KayleKatana

I fear that this is far more true than most people wish it to be ...

Come to think of it, I'm not sure the alternative (actual matchmaking with a healthy number of players) would end up any better. They've got a huge EA reason to not give you a fair fight if you're "just" a sub or preferred player: their bottom line. Even if they don't come out and sell gear to us, whales are worth a lot more to their bottom line than "just" subs/preferred/F2P, so they'll figure out they need to give whales easy matches so they stick around to buy moar hypercrates and not ragequit.

Edit: This obviously doesn't mean they're going to magically git gud. This *does* mean that, in a game against pure dead weight, they're going to be that dead weight your team doesn't care about because the bunch of bads you're going up against is so... bad. They might even get a kill or two.

Edited by ALaggyGrunt