Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New class needed for SWTOR

iowaboynca
08.22.2019 , 02:03 PM | #21
at first I was going to chime in "isn't this what the DPS spec of scoundrel/Op are supposed to be" but then saw you wanted to be a force user.

IMO the least resource intensive way to get this done is to get rid of one of the Sent/Mara builds since its the only pure DPS AC in the game. That way you don't have you re-do the game. You could bring in existing skills/animations from Sage/Sorcs, All the dialogues would remain the same. easy peasy

Lhancelot
08.22.2019 , 02:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
at first I was going to chime in "isn't this what the DPS spec of scoundrel/Op are supposed to be" but then saw you wanted to be a force user.

IMO the least resource intensive way to get this done is to get rid of one of the Sent/Mara builds since its the only pure DPS AC in the game. That way you don't have you re-do the game. You could bring in existing skills/animations from Sage/Sorcs, All the dialogues would remain the same. easy peasy
Well, the main thing is adding a class that has a melee/healing mechanic involved... Literally the melee hits would create healing effects on the player or someone they wanted the heals to go to.

I see your point though, it would be much easier to create a subclass with new abilities than it would be adding a totally new class to the game, and with this idea I think it's actually possible to do. Good point!
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Tsillah
08.22.2019 , 03:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I want there to be a melee healer class added.
Fixed that for ya.

As others said. It's not going to happen. This game has been around for 8 years and has had a number of expansions without any new classes added. Whatever they would add would take a lot of work but also would've to be agreed with Lucasarts.

I suppose they could sell it separately starting at level 50 without a class story. Just not sure how well that would be received. Subs would have to get a free unlock for both the rep and imp side of course. I dunno, I also just don't see it happen.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

OlBuzzard
08.22.2019 , 03:40 PM | #24
Well, the main thing is adding a class that has a melee/healing mechanic involved... Literally the melee hits would create healing effects on the player or someone they wanted the heals to go to.

I see your point though, it would be much easier to create a subclass with new abilities than it would be adding a totally new class to the game, and with this idea I think it's actually possible to do. Good point!
Looks like you are well under way !! Nicely done..

OH ! Something else to think about... IF your suggestion were to come to life (trust me I know the risk ) .. the new class could possibly initiated post Iokath if needed (or somewhere there about) ... and it would not affect the previous part of the game.

Just a thought!
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Lhancelot
08.22.2019 , 03:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Looks like you are well under way !! Nicely done..

OH ! Something else to think about... IF your suggestion were to come to life (trust me I know the risk ) .. the new class could possibly initiated post Iokath if needed (or somewhere there about) ... and it would not affect the previous part of the game.

Just a thought!
Sure, there are many ways they could add a new class or even sub class to the game. I'd leave that up to the brain turst at BW to really sort out the lore and how they incorporate the new class into the game. Nothing is impossible.
TRUE
FALSE
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Lhancelot
08.22.2019 , 03:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Fixed that for ya.

As others said. It's not going to happen. This game has been around for 8 years and has had a number of expansions without any new classes added. Whatever they would add would take a lot of work but also would've to be agreed with Lucasarts.

I suppose they could sell it separately starting at level 50 without a class story. Just not sure how well that would be received. Subs would have to get a free unlock for both the rep and imp side of course. I dunno, I also just don't see it happen.
People also didn't think BW would start communicating effectively to the forumquesters, yet look at how things are now? You never know. If SWTOR becomes BW's most lucrative game they just might continue adding improvements!
TRUE
FALSE

Monumenta
08.22.2019 , 05:14 PM | #27
Support

Add new classes any way possible, start at lvl 50-70 or wherever it makes sense to the whiners, new specs for existing classes, let smugglers start the story over as a jedi while keeping their lvl 70 class abilities, whatever.

OlBuzzard
08.22.2019 , 08:02 PM | #28
Sure, there are many ways they could add a new class or even sub class to the game. I'd leave that up to the brain turst at BW to really sort out the lore and how they incorporate the new class into the game. Nothing is impossible.
Careful ... you're starting to sound the way I did a few months ago !!

It's all good !!

Maybe some day I'll see that little sketch I put together in here as well. You never know !

It's a lot more fun doing things like this ... as opposed to all of the negative junk that goes on !

If nothing else this thread has been a bright spot in the day!

That and getting that bed room painted ... finally !!! Wife's REALLY happy about that too !!

(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

SiegePro
08.22.2019 , 09:21 PM | #29
The ONLY way a new class could possibly work is if it was a third advanced class for an existing one. That way they could reuse all the existing story content and just develop the mechanics.

To make it manageable, just do one advanced class and mirror at a time. You don't actually need all four at once, you just need both factions to have the additional option.

My thoughts would be base the classes off a niche that isn't already there. So, for examples...

1) Trooper (Ranger) / Bounty Hunter (Assassin): a class with three damage disciplines, a stealth generator and an HK-style assassinate talent. The weapon for both is a sniper rifle with an offhand vibroblade for in close attacks.

2) Jedi Knight (Warden) / Sith Warrior (Conqueror): a class with a heal spec in the form of instilling their allies with the Force as you lead them in battle. Your weapon would be the double-bladed lightsaber.

3) Jedi Consular (TBD) / Sith Inquistor (TBD): another all damage class focused on being a true gish (i.e. basically a 10m damage class that uses a mix of saber and force attacks... kinda like the shadow/assassin's tank spec, but single target damage focused. Their weapons would be two lightsabers.

4) Smuggler (Bruiser) / Agent (Extractor): A class with a tank spec and a focus on melee attacks and using dirty tricks to keep the focus on them in a fight. Their primary weapons would be vibroswords/staves with an "offhand" blaster/rifle they use for some 10m attacks (and cut scenes).

But that's just off the top of my head.

TonyTricicolo
08.23.2019 , 03:49 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
The ONLY way a new class could possibly work is if it was a third advanced class for an existing one. That way they could reuse all the existing story content and just develop the mechanics.

To make it manageable, just do one advanced class and mirror at a time. You don't actually need all four at once, you just need both factions to have the additional option.

My thoughts would be base the classes off a niche that isn't already there. So, for examples...

1) Trooper (Ranger) / Bounty Hunter (Assassin): a class with three damage disciplines, a stealth generator and an HK-style assassinate talent. The weapon for both is a sniper rifle with an offhand vibroblade for in close attacks.

2) Jedi Knight (Warden) / Sith Warrior (Conqueror): a class with a heal spec in the form of instilling their allies with the Force as you lead them in battle. Your weapon would be the double-bladed lightsaber.

3) Jedi Consular (TBD) / Sith Inquistor (TBD): another all damage class focused on being a true gish (i.e. basically a 10m damage class that uses a mix of saber and force attacks... kinda like the shadow/assassin's tank spec, but single target damage focused. Their weapons would be two lightsabers.

4) Smuggler (Bruiser) / Agent (Extractor): A class with a tank spec and a focus on melee attacks and using dirty tricks to keep the focus on them in a fight. Their primary weapons would be vibroswords/staves with an "offhand" blaster/rifle they use for some 10m attacks (and cut scenes).

But that's just off the top of my head.
You won me with BH's stealth attack.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G