KoEE Walker Missions Broken after 6.0

resketh

So as I was waiting for a friend to get caught up after several years away from the game, I decided to level and alt.

the KoEE walker Missions on Voss and Iokath are messed up. The player walker dies in like 4-5 hits unless you have a shield, which you haven't got on Iokath. Also you can't repair fast enough as the CD is too long now. Things take forever to kill as well.

The Voss one, I managed to die my way through since it didn't reset the mission completely, just made you walk back to kill the mobs you missed. The Iokath one, six deaths later and 0 progress, I decided to take a relaxing break from the game and slam my hand in a door for a few hours. Less Painful.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon... I'd like to play that character again some day.

I had previously done the Voss mission, but the Iokath one took me about 10 tries. Resetting to the beginning is frustrating as hell.

The chapter 8 walker mission is waaay worse though. It's unbeatable until it's fixed. Also, while you don't have to re-fight everything, you do get sent back to the start area. Slowly walking all the way back a million times only to be killed in 30 seconds is not enjoyable.

I am just going to heap another post on this thread, second walker mission on chapter 8, like an earlier post mentioned is a game stopper. Unable to do the new content cause I cant finish the old. The FIRST walker mission in chapter 8 I finally beat only cause I took a shortcut to avoid the first mech, then ran past the second to click like mad on the log, dying, BUT that time I spawned at the end log and was able to finish it......after FOUR hours.

They've basically broken the story for any character over level 70 that attempts these chapters but what is worse is that this was reported multiple times on the PTS and not only was it not fixed, it wasn't even acknowledged and STILL hasn't even been acknowledged in the the Known Issues thread and my plea for help to customer service to has gone ignored.

This should be your number one priority to fix because it breaks progression for every player who is 70+ in KOTET and that is basically everyone, old players and new. You took the servers down to hotfix people losing gear currency but without fixing, or acknowledging this problem, I literally cannot play the game!

It's not just hard to complete it's impossible because of the messed up way level sync works when you are in a walker.

I'm not really one to rage but this is unacceptable and BW doesn't even care enough to even respond.

I'm not really one to rage but this is unacceptable and BW doesn't even care enough to even respond.

Charles Boyd the content manager posted on Twitter yesterday that they're aware of this and working on a fix, but not sure when it will happen.

Though I completely agree with you that this should be addressed here on the SWTOR forums. I'm not sure what's preventing them from speaking here when they're tweeting about things. The community manager didn't even post anything yesterday either.

I reported the Walker problem on Voss some time ago. I have run 6 characters through it before they broke it.

Now the Zakuul walker at the shrine of healing has become unbeatable.

I haven't even tried the one on Iokath again yet.

This does not bode well.

This is game-breaking. I really hope they put it at the top of their list.

I recently got a number of friends and family members to subscribe, but it'll be hard to convince them to stay if this isn't fixed by the time they get to those chapters or very soon after.

They've basically broken the story for any character over level 70 that attempts these chapters but what is worse is that this was reported multiple times on the PTS and not only was it not fixed, it wasn't even acknowledged and STILL hasn't even been acknowledged in the the Known Issues thread and my plea for help to customer service to has gone ignored.

This should be your number one priority to fix because it breaks progression for every player who is 70+ in KOTET and that is basically everyone, old players and new. You took the servers down to hotfix people losing gear currency but without fixing, or acknowledging this problem, I literally cannot play the game!

It's not just hard to complete it's impossible because of the messed up way level sync works when you are in a walker.

It isn't in the known issues thread but it was acknowledged on twitter so they at least are looking into it.

This is disgusting. The whole point of the PTS is to find game breaking bugs. It was reported then and nothing was done. There is a work around using the walker armor cell you can buy from the rep vendor. However people who just got to Iokath this week like me cant get the the reputation level required (friend) because of the weekly rep cap. I cant even do the workaround until next week. I am literally done with this game. Edited by Guilty_Spark

This is disgusting. The whole point of the PTS is to find game breaking bugs. It was reported then and nothing was done. There is a work around using the walker armor cell you can buy from the rep vendor. However people who just got to Iokath this week like me cant get the the reputation level required (friend) because of the weekly rep cap. I cant even do the workaround until next week. I am literally done with this game.

Thanks for posting the work around regardless. I will look to see if I have the rep but that doesn't help you and I'm not the greatest player in a walker so it might not even help me if it is still way over tuned.

There needs to be a gold post in dev tracker. We need a timetable on a fix but I guess Musco is down for maintenance unless it about the Cartel Market.

Well the work around didn't work for me because 20% extra health wasn't making a difference when piloting the colossus droid on Iokath and going down in 4 shots.

I want my sub fee back. I can't play the game because I can't progress on any of my characters. I feel like swearing my arse off and getting banned because what does it matter if the devs just pretend like it's not happening or it's not a priority.

I found a fool proof work around for the Chapter 5 fight.

All credit goes to Its_broken on Reddit

Basically there is an alcove behind you and if you fire once to start the fight and then walk back into the alcove you cannot be targeted and all the droids will come to you and you can kill them without getting hit once. It's pretty slow going but it works.

The best part is that this was reported during PTS testing, and yet...

I first reported this in a thread I created on the 1st of October before pts 3. I then retested in pts 3 and posted it in Musco’s official thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=968832

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=968886

So I ran Chapter 1. Wrath and Ruin : Reach Shrine of Healing (Walker)

This is so unbalanced :mad: sorry just really :mad:

Feed back :

* Still a lot more mobs at the start than on live.

* Died after first two groups of mobs because there is no where to heal.

* Get to 3rd group and have less than a 1/4 health. So I waited 2 mins till I could attack the next lot with 75% health, but died right as I killed the last one.

* So died twice before the first health station due to the large amount of added mobs before it,

* Got through the pass with some good tactics on my part. But more than the usual number of mobs and I had to go back to the repair station to use it before proceeding (I had planned to leave it if I needed it).

* Died again just as I killed the last mob near the 2nd repair bay.

* Kill a few more groups and find I’ve no health and the repair bay is next to a group of mobs.

* Decide to suicide kill them because it’s faster than waiting to regain health. The problem with that is everytime you die, you have to go all the way back to the beginning and trudge your way back (what a waste of time)

* Get to the boss. At this point I’ve now died 5 times.

My Boss fight deaths trying to kill the last walker in this phase.

1st Got him to 1/2 health before his adds blew me up

2nd. Got him to 1/3 health till I died

3rd. Got him to 1/2 health

** at this point I start to realise it comes down to where his adds spawn (because they are different each encounter).

4th. Got him down to 1/3 health

5th. Got him down to 1/3 health

** realise that his adds will drop in a group if you stand in a some places, but only once. After that they are in an X formation, one on each corner.

6th. Got him down to 1/4 health because I stood in the right place to make them drop in a group

7th. Got him to 1/8 because I discover if you stand on the steps to the temple, his first add drops disappear after a minute.

8th. Nearly had him, got killed with him at 1/10 health.

** start thinking this will only happen if all the stars align. Ready to give up.

9th. Didn’t die and a I Kill him, JUST, as my walker explodes from his adds. They proceed to chase me into the temple

And I kill them with my light sabre in one hit. Makes me wish I could just do that the whole way :rolleyes:

Total number of deaths to get through this phase (that I can breeze through on veteran in live) was 13 deaths. It also took a considerable amount of time because of all the walking back from the start area.

Conclusion : extra mobs on the way to the temple have been added that have more health and the collective group can do more damage.

The boss has higher health compare to before and his adds hit harder. If you aren’t lucky and tactical, you will never get past this boss. I know my wife couldn’t and she is mostly a Story only player. She has categorically stated she will be unsubbing if this isn’t fixed because she plays for fun and to relax, Not to be stressed and upset through no fault of her own (I don’t like seeing her upset, you meanies :confused:) I told her it’s testing and to chill :eek:

Suggestions :

1. If you are going to add all these extra mobs, you need more repair stations to deal with it after you kill them and they need to respawn the repair stations if you die,. You’ve already added an ammo dump before the first repair area, why not add a repair bay there?

2. Either reduce the numbers of mobs, or reduce their health more.

3. That last Bosses health is too high and his adds basically one shot you.

Statement :

This is completely unbalanced and over the top for a Story mode section. The rest of the chapter, both before and after the walker phase is fine and balanced. It was even a bit too easy for me (which is why I usually do it on veteran).

But this was Story Mode, I cant even imagine how impossible it would be on veteran or master mode, LOL.

I have asked Eric in the other bug thread how this walker problem made it into the live game after people besides my self did extensive testing and found the walkers had way too much health.

Why did we even bother testing if Musco doesn’t pass on the info or the team chooses to ignore it? I feel like my whole time on the pts was point less and a waste of time. 80% of all the feed back from “everyone” during all testing was basically ignored!

I personally tested because I wanted to make the game better and with out bugs or other unforeseen mistakes. I didn’t want to be someone who didn’t test, but then complained on forums because Bioware made mistakes or went in the wrong directions (RNG, crafting and Conquest). All of which seems to have been ignored when the overwhelming feed back from all the legitimate testers told them the problems.

A Dev...

We got to push it to live to see what's in it. :eek:

Thats what beta testing is for. Otherwise what’s the damn point of the pts except to make it look like players are involved.

The pts feels like lip service because they refused to listen to a massive amount of feed back

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Not good enough when this was reported 3 weeks before launch !

If they couldn’t fix it in time, it should have been in the known issues thread MUSCO made at launch. This is sloppy work.

• PTS Patch causes game breaking bug.
  • Testers report game breaking bug.
  • Testers are ignored.
  • Patch goes live with bug. Players cannot play through the MAIN quest.
  • BW stays silent for days.
  • BW finally acknoledges the issue and basically says "Some time next week. Enjoy your weekend running heroics instead of playing through the story to get to the new content we just released or not playing at all!"
  • I finally get a response from CS:

Hello ForjKlahaa,

My name is Jobin. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning not able to complete chapter V.

I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused our team is aware of the issue and there is no workaround at this point of time.

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

Click on Request Help or press Ctrl and / to open your case history.

Regards,

Jobin S.

Star Wars: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the following survey which will help us to continually improve our support!

Survey Link

I'm sure they wouldn't love to hear my feedback on customer support. I wasted XP boosts trying to compete that impossible content and the thousands in credits on repairs and all I asked for was a few measly XP boosts to cover the loss and that got ignored as if it isn't just digital crap that costs them nothing. All my characters are stuck (Now on chapter 7) but the one sentence response is basically a polite way of saying "Sucks to be you."

What a mess.

Just stuck on Siege Skytrooper, its literally impossible to beat him with just 100k hp on my walker. Every other bul**** walker mission manage i cheese somehow but this is just too much.

I hope ******** who come with this walker idea is fired already...

Thanks for this ****** broken game! Be sure i will never ever sub to this crap again!!!

My wife is working on finishing up these chapters so she can move on to the new content and needed me to finish the walker parts for her. I did complete them but man did it take some work and trial and error. The walkers definitely take way more damage than previously. I like a good challenge but I came darned close to telling her to just do the skip mission and bypass the rest of the chapters.

Add at least the Imp side quest on Iokath for the base incursion where you take over a gun turret and defend the base (suspect the reverse pub side quest is the same).

The Republic soldiers alone were doing decent damage, but when the walkers showed up....

After dying twice, said to hell with using the turret and just completed it in character with a healing comp.