Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Mode The Nature of Progress Operation Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Master Mode The Nature of Progress Operation Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.05.2020 , 03:26 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Coming in Game Update 6.1.1, Master Mode The Nature of Progress, is now available for testing on PTS! Here are some questions you should keep in mind when posting feedback:
  • Are there any mechanics that seem broken or inconsistent? Any that are particularly confusing?
  • Are any mechanics or encounters made too hard, or too easy, with certain group compositions?
  • Is the difficulty of this content noticeably changed by using any of the new sets? To what degree?
  • How do these encounters feel relative to other Master Mode content?
When leaving feedback please be specific on things such as which encounter, group make-up, relevant gear, etc.

If anyone plans on streaming attempts or records any of them, please feel free to share that information in this thread! Thanks all and good luck.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Prog
03.11.2020 , 06:02 AM | #2
So did some wipefesting on Red yesterday. Overall it seems a lot like unexpected Dxun NiM on live with 6.1 release. The new stuff is cool too, my group liked it overall. There are some weak points and leaks though that made me want to post here.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Are there any mechanics that seem broken or inconsistent? Any that are particularly confusing?
So I have two main things to tell:
  • Bull looses its Boss Immunity upon engaging combat. Stunning, pushing, pulling...lots of fun. Guess not intended.
  • When we pop flower (spores) it emits blue light and gives us protection from the Red Venom. Then light disappears. But protection keeps being updated on players to its full duration for the next 30 seconds. If it is intended, I ask for animation to stay there for the duration of protection deliverance. If it is not intended, then spawn rate of adds makes this fight way too hard. Group has to move from flower to flower all the time and looses dps to it. Also adds are doing big damage, we cannot DPS boss with adds around.

• Are any mechanics or encounters made too hard, or too easy, with certain group compositions?
Explosion caused by tank stacks can be abused with Sonic Rebounder. On 30 stacks its a 70k reflect, 7 people reflecting it is 490k damage to boss.

• How do these encounters feel relative to other Master Mode content?
Its feels good so far.

Spoiler
Always available on discord: nom#7342

Nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom. Nom.

Prog
03.12.2020 , 04:46 AM | #3
Can we finally have Commando being able to cleanse Hissyphus? At the very least. Having Jugg/Guardian Endure Pain/Enure to work would also be logical.

DanielSteed
03.13.2020 , 05:47 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

Today we updated the PTS, and with it some new changes are now up. I wanted to be sure to communicate these before the weekend hits. They are as follows:

• Trample no longer deals damage if the bull is stunned.
  • Festering Wound can no longer be reflected.
  • Charging Bulls and their "Stampede!" effect now interact differently with crowd control:
    • A stack of Fury now applies each time a bull is stunned or knocked down. Upon reaching 3 stacks become immune to stun and knockdown and increase damage dealt by 20% for 25s.
  • Red - Venomous Stalkers:
    • Toxic Cloud now applies its damage as a 10s DOT that ticks every 2s and stacks up to 5 times. Ticks on apply.
  • Red - Hydrochloric Pool:
    • Now applies its damage as a damage over time effect with a 6s duration which ticks every 3s. Does not tick on first application.
    • Hydrochloric Pool tooltip now reads: Reduces outgoing damage, healing done, and defense against all types of damage by 95%. While this effect is active any protection against Red Venom is negated.
  • Surging Flame now has the correct ability icon.
  • Balance updates for Trandoshans:
    • Reduced total damage being done to tanks.
    • Inspirational Scream is no longer applying the start of the channel rather than the end and thus actually matters if interrupted.
    • Titax should no longer consider launching a target >4m to be interrupting Titax Strike.
    • Defeating the Trandoshans now unlocks the next encounter more reliably.
    • Improved the lighting in the Containment Protocol encounter.
  • There is now a console that can be used to skip Red and the Mutant Trandoshan encounters on PTS.
  • The Holding Pens lockouts are now enabled. (There is still one thing missing from the final Control Room encounter, which will hopefully be present in the next refresh.)
    • The Warden Droids at the end of the encounter have less total health.
  • Balance update for The Huntmaster:
    • The Venomous Flier's Inhibitory Venom now lasts a few seconds longer on the Huntmaster.

Please let us know how these changes feel and keep the feedback coming!
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

BAKADESHI
03.13.2020 , 06:37 PM | #5
Charging Bull often spawns with an invisibility cloak for some people but not others within a raid group (same as it did when HM Dxun was on PTS). I presume this is [still] unintended?

happysister
03.14.2020 , 01:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BAKADESHI View Post
Charging Bull often spawns with an invisibility cloak for some people but not others within a raid group (same as it did when HM Dxun was on PTS). I presume this is [still] unintended?
It seems inconsistent too. Some pulls, the bull is invisible for me, and some pulls, I can see it. Also, bulls don't always despawn after a wipe. Speaking for the Red encounter. Haven't tried the others yet.
<Fortitude>
Lorhin - Gunslinger | Sashel - Scoundrel
Shylar - Guardian | Oorio - Sage
RIP my old servers [The Corsair, Canderous Ordo, Jedi Covenant] .

Prog
03.14.2020 , 04:20 PM | #7
Had a PTS raid tonight, tested Red and Holding Pens. Here is the deal:

Red:
Flowers on Red don't seem to respect the change you mentioned in the last post. They keep emitting Phosphilapse Corona for 30s as before.
All other Red changes are in order and it feels like a solid NiM fight now - less Flower duration will result in more movement, less dps and longer fight. Not sure if you did your math right there, to me it seems like this is on the very edge and calls for solohealer or even solotank which I bet is not intended.
The damage on small adds from melee attacks seems surprisingly wrecking (and it was before, but at least green puddle wasn't doing anything - paired with slow adds' its quite a pain). Red is actually doing way less damage if tank avoids Acidic Jet and healers can half-afk before adds spawn. Not sure how intended is that, maybe re-balancing of Red/add melee attacks damage is a good idea since solo tanking it and Resiliencing/Emergency Powering/Enuring Festering Wound 30 stacks is quite easy and due to Red's large body can be done away from the group.

Holding Pens:
Sound crackling cases are very often. Reaps our ears.
Overall the fight seems surprisingly very well balanced. And our team loved the mechanic a lot. Never thought that correct group running can be turned in such an exquisite mechanic. Very well done!
I am not sure if there is any enrage timer and if its intended - sometimes we were able to go on with 5-6 stealth revives like on good old Coratanni->Ruugar transition. If there is an enrage, then we just didn't progress long enough to get the punishment, but for research and learning purposes it feels great to have the pull going in such manner.
We weren't able to kill the boss cuz bad, but at least we opened the first gate \o/ Hopefully getting to see Pens #2 tomorrow.
Also bulls on holding pens seem to be stunnable but dont have Red's stun limit. Probably something to add for overall complexity

Also @Camera Two I have your discord id from Friday and some logs to send, but discord says your account doesn't accept friend requests Please add me if you want the combat logs: nom#7342

DarthEndonae
03.14.2020 , 10:50 PM | #8
My team worked on Red tonight and last night and also looked at it when it was temporarily available on the live server. So far, we've been trying to deal as much damage as possible to the boss before the adds spawn, so we've been staying at each flower until it refreshes three times and then move. The tanks have been swapping as soon as their Festering Wound falls off and they've been standing away from the rest of the group when it explodes. We've been able to get him down to about 45-50% by the time the adds spawn.

A significant portion of our strategic discussion has been focused on avoiding the adds as much as possible. We really don't have a clear idea of how we'll be dealing with the adds. When we tried the fight when it was available on live, we didn't see a consistent behavior with how and when they would spawn and haven't gotten enough pulls on them on the PTS to see more clearly what happens. Our current impression is that they start spawning at a specific location and then after that they continue to respawn on a timer, but we're not certain. Next week we plan to immediately take the boss to the location where the adds spawn and just see how the remainder of the fight looks so we can deal with the adds.

Besides them hitting hard, it's also difficult to target the little ones since they move so quickly often erratically. Sometimes they walk away from us. It would be super nice if they moved more slowly and in a more consistent way. It would also be nice if they spawned. Our current strategy is to either CC them with 60 second CC abilities like Whirlwind and Concussion Missile or stun them and burst them down. For the big reek, we understand that we get to stun them 3 times before they enrage and that we need to hit them with Acidic Jet. That only takes off about 50% of their health though, so we aren't sure if we're supposed to have him up for two jets (though that seems to take a long time) or just kill him after 1.

We're also not really sure what to do when we reach the part of the fight where it forks into three paths. Our current thought is to split into two groups since we don't want the DPS to be in the same path as the Reek and Red with the tanks since there isn't a whole lot of room.

The Hydrochloric Pool and Acidic Jet also doesn't seem to be consistently point in the correct direction either. We've had many instances where the Pool gets dropped in a location that is different from where the tank is standing at the end of the cast and Acidic Jet has changed direction when the tank taunts mid-cast.

Prog
03.15.2020 , 04:41 PM | #9
Okay did Pens again, some feedback:

When Shrieks die they put a yellow circle. Its real range is way bigger than visual shows. I estimated 20m range. Can we get a proper visual for this important mechanic?

Predator Droid seems to not always go on a target with yellow arrow. If yellow arrow (debuffed) target drops aggro, he goes on its last tank (highest threat basically).

So I said everything i perfectly balanced earlier, taking that back. The dtps seems slightly unmanageable.
Predator Droid actually does seem to do quite big damage. Bringing a shadow tank there is a bad idea overall and guardian/vanguard cannot tank it without a heavy defensive cooldown reliably.
Reaper Cats do insane damage - 300k Devour. If we skip Flare for just 1 second we loose 1+ raid member. I do believe it implies you aren't allowed to spend even a split second without Flare, but what if you make it slightly less punishable, like 200k or 250k so people don't have to do a combat res or raidwipe due to just 1s delay on Flare.

And yeah wanted to go Huntmaster after Pens and that Trandoshan kill button still doesn't work.

Eloi_BG
03.15.2020 , 10:07 PM | #10
Noticed Red occasionally turning around unexpectedly when in small pathways. Tank is standing in front, slightly strafing, then suddenly he turns around (and cleaves the group which was behind him). It is not an aggro issue, boss is still on tank. Best guess is like when the tails clips the side of the rocks he kind of suddenly turns around. Noticed it happening in a few different occasions.
Nemio the Acceptable Player