Crazy and normal reasons you've re-rolled a character?

AllisonLightning

Last night I think I reached the height of silly reasons as I made a one letter typo by accident in the name so I forced her to level ten, wrote down her character creation numbers at Fleet and then re-rolled. It's not like it wasn't a character I'm doing heavy head canon/side writing for an AU story piece but it was such a tiny mistake. Mostly, I have a bad habit of not liking how a character looks or is named and restarting by the time they hit level 20 and was curious what gets others to the re-roll moment.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly, I have a bad habit of not liking how a character looks or is named and restarting by the time they hit level 20

lolol...that was the nightmares in Dragon Age Inquisition . Damn..gotta find that meme .

Anyway , on Topic . Hum..

I made a second Sorc for the sole reason to kill Harkun lol when I found out that actually I can bury him . Hell yeah ! That warrant a new character just for his death . Was so worth it .

I also make new charachter if a story has more then one ending . For Imperial Agent , I had to make 2 so far . I'm planning on a 2 more to see all the possible ending for it .

I also made a new JK just cose I saw this JK toon on Tython with 2 blades on his back lol I was ''Ohhh sooo awesome! Me want one!'' So next thing ya know...I made a new one lol . I also thanked the guy for the inspiration..he was happy .

Edit: here that meme lol http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/868/085/c90.png

Edited by SerraShar

Last night I think I reached the height of silly reasons as I made a one letter typo by accident in the name so I forced her to level ten, wrote down her character creation numbers at Fleet and then re-rolled. It's not like it wasn't a character I'm doing heavy head canon/side writing for an AU story piece but it was such a tiny mistake. Mostly, I have a bad habit of not liking how a character looks or is named and restarting by the time they hit level 20 and was curious what gets others to the re-roll moment.

I'm actually guilty of this too. I'll be hard pressed for a unique name, and then I'll find one as I'm trying different ones. However, a short time later I realize I really don't like it , and reroll (and hopefully that realization happens before I'm too fully invested into the character).

I re-rolled my trooper and knight from commando and sentinel to vanguard and guardian, respectively. The commando just felt unwieldy to me with the gigantic cannon they lugged around all the time, and the sentinel felt WAY too squishy (this was before 4.0 when any companion could be a healer, and I disliked Doc). Besides, the sentinel never used his second lightsaber in cutscenes. >_<

So, vanguard and guardian it is. I haven't regretted that - except, perhaps, regretting that my vanguard's a tank. Since I don't do flashpoints/operations/warzones/anything outside of the story with that character, it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to kill anything in the story. Guardian tank, on the other hand? I can stay alive and kill things with ease. :D I'm still working up the courage to get into flashpoints with him, though. One day...

I still have my original commando and sentinel, though. Occasionally I dust them off and shoot/saber things with them. Got the commando a new cannon that isn't so huge (yay), and I'm starting to re-learn the sentinel's playstyle, so perhaps one day I'll do a few flashpoints with them. That might be fun.

I used to do that a long time ago before I went to hiatus when I couldn't afford to sub yet... Now, I learn to accept my "mistake" in character appearance or name. For appearance, if it bothered me so much, I'd just buy CC and fix it in Cartel Bazaar. :D

I had rolled an alt (JC) not long into January, decided I didn't like how she looked, set her aside until I finished leveling up other alts to keep her name, then names with spaces came out, and I found a look that I liked more, so rerolled and was on Tython still when I learned about the DvL event. And I only had seven slots left on that server. So I deleted her on the first day of DvL and rerolled. She is an alt I've been invested in before the first delete, but I was able to easily reroll and recreate the investment since she was originally part of the set from the beginning.

Other reasons? Didn't like the name. Didn't like the appearance (especially when under "natural environmental" lighting).

And that DAI meme is why I've not actually finished DAO yet - trying to make an albino Elissa Cousland who doesn't glow (okay, yeah, mods) under "natural environmental" lighting. Even Vanilla DAO palest glows.

I remade 2 level 65 characters because they cheated on their wives with Theron back when we thought the original companions would be lifeless husks forever and not a part of stories anymore. I felt bad so I remade them :(

I think the highest I got was a level 14 sage. Made a togruta, even paid some creds for a dye to get her the right outfit. Later, I logged in and was like "ehhhhhhh."

Deleted.

Similar thing happened with my first cathar, though the cathar didn't make it to level 2.

For some reason, I have a hard time making togrutas or cathars that I like. I managed to make a male cathar that I kind of like... planning on having him be a complete dick trooper. Haven't played him much yet, but I'll probably keep him. I keep giving my level 20 something male togruta sorc side-eye though... I wanted to do male sorc at least once for ashara romance, but I don't like the sorc story and his voice annoys the heck out of me. I'm thinking maybe if I make him as a different species, I'll enjoy it more. So far, I think it's only a matter of time until that togruta sorc goes bye-bye.

I think the highest I got was a level 14 sage. Made a togruta, even paid some creds for a dye to get her the right outfit. Later, I logged in and was like "ehhhhhhh."

Deleted.

Similar thing happened with my first cathar, though the cathar didn't make it to level 2.

For some reason, I have a hard time making togrutas or cathars that I like. I managed to make a male cathar that I kind of like... planning on having him be a complete dick trooper. Haven't played him much yet, but I'll probably keep him. I keep giving my level 20 something male togruta sorc side-eye though... I wanted to do male sorc at least once for ashara romance, but I don't like the sorc story and his voice annoys the heck out of me. I'm thinking maybe if I make him as a different species, I'll enjoy it more. So far, I think it's only a matter of time until that togruta sorc goes bye-bye.

Thats funny to me because I am the opposite, the female sorc voice is just so...bored?... sounding to me. The male voice is great for being a ******** and his threatening tone is so much more believable.

As for silly reasons...I rerolled a sent into a guard because of the never using the second saber in cutscenes thing.

Re-rolled a 50 something trooper because the togruta came out and I wanted it to be a commando.

Re-rolled a sniper because once I got onto a planet with proper daylight their complection looked horrible.

Oh, I have loads of crazy and not-so-crazy reasons I've rerolled. xD

1. That name I thought I liked? Nope, changed my mind.

2. This whole assault cannon thing isn't working for me. Time to reroll as a Vanguard!

3. This whole melee DPS with a rifle thing just isn't that fun to me. Time to reroll as a Merc!

4. The male BH voice is really, really awful for the character I wanted to make. Reroll as female!

5. Dangit, Bioware really doesn't like the idea of "mid range" characters anymore. Goodbye Assassin, hello Sorcerer!

6. My Operative is so cool, but all these awesome outfits I made him would look way prettier on a female.

7. My male Consular's voice didn't get any better like I'd hoped it would. To the dark side I go!

8. Okay, this Pureblood looks great, but the crazy eyes are driving me nuts. New race!

. . . I could probably go on. :p

Thats funny to me because I am the opposite, the female sorc voice is just so...bored?... sounding to me. The male voice is great for being a ******** and his threatening tone is so much more believable.

As for silly reasons...I rerolled a sent into a guard because of the never using the second saber in cutscenes thing.

Re-rolled a 50 something trooper because the togruta came out and I wanted it to be a commando.

Re-rolled a sniper because once I got onto a planet with proper daylight their complection looked horrible.

Lol, that is funny.

And I so relate to the complexion thing. I've gotten pretty good at checking a toon's appearance before I get too far in, but my first character ended up at the appearance changer several times. That lighting is godawful sometimes... it'll take a minor red skin tone (and mind you, I'm talking about the tone of the skin, not the color) and turn it into an oversaturated mess. Like medium brownish skin with a red undertone will turn into brown skin with nasty patches of red... it's really one of those "what has been seen cannot be unseen" things. And you don't see it until your character is made, cause the character creation only has its one, unnatural type of lighting.

Made a sorcerer and thought it looked too typical. It got to level 52 before I realised. Made another sorcerer and called it Sahane. Turkish people kept asking me if I was Turkish. As I am not, it was annoying af. So I made another sorcerer. That one stayed.

Before that years ago I also made a sorcerer with the fat body, rerolled to a twilek because it bugged me how stretched some armor looked.

Other than that I can't really recall.

Edited by Eshvara

I am a bit of an altoholic but I really don't want to use an excel sheet to keep track of all my characters' gear and possessions.

So even though BWA made it possible to get 40 and then 50 characters max, I also felt that managing all my toons was just becoming too much work. I really wish they'd do some things to make that easier. But as I am not holding my breath, I decided to do some pruning. I had 34 characters at one point. Now I have 16.

As it stands, one of the side effects of ridiculous xp gain as we call it, is that I also don't grow as attached to my newer characters, so that would explain why it wasn't as hard to delete them as I initially feared.

Well, let's see. For ... reasons ... I created an SI (human female) and decided that in fact a blue mohawk didn't work, nor did the RV-03 Speedsuit with the side-panels dyed purple.

So I cleaned off her usable items, typed DELETE in the box, and created (just the other day, after double XP started) a Thana clone (so Thana can kill Thana, duh) with the same name and seriously twinked her. (Mailed a full set of level 10 mods and enough credits and cartel certs to buy the Thana Vesh armour set from the rep vendor on the Fleet. She made level 10 during the first visit to Tremel's office in the Academy. She absolutely mashed everything in sight on Korriban.) She's now level 34 somewhere on Dromund Kaas, wearing the full 7-part set of DvL XP gear under the Thana Vesh gear.

Second: Unlike certain posters above, I really like Commandos, but I discovered that I can't get on with Vanguards. I persevered with "Bentarik" until somewhere on Voss, and set him to one side, creating "Ben Tarik" as a commando.

Then there was a character I created a while back, and in a fit of ... something ... I gave her a name in a (futile) attempt to purge a brain-worm tune from my head. Her name? Be-bop'alula.

And Krallak is my Rattataki Imp Agent dude, created because I reached Balmorra on my first agent and decided I wanted an agent who could follow the Kaliyo romance. (The first one is female. I still have her, and she's *still* on Balmorra two years later...)

The only reason I ever re-rolled chars is the DvL event. I re-rolled all my 2nd generation chars. Sub-reasons for this are:

1. Didn't want to buy additional character slots.

2. Some of the chars were (on purpose) ridiculous. E. g. ugly and with a stupid name. The new versions look more "normal" and have less horrible names. My SW is not called Bronko anymore and I therefore don't feel embarrassed anymore to play him. :p

3. 6 of those 8 chars were originally dark side, because my 1st gen chars are 6/8 light side. And I didn't enjoy playing them because of that. It was good to experience the dark side versions of the stories, but I am just not evil enough to play dark side chars. ;) Now I have 14/16 light side chars on my main server and that feels good.

Back in the 2.X timeframe I levelled a 2nd Combat Sentinel. The original, Cogohi (male), was a cybertech. Audiva (female, guess which book I was reading at the time) became a biotech. Back in the day biotechs could make reusable stims, medpacks and adrenals.

The other reason for relevelling a Sent was that Cog was my first MMO character ever. I had to learn a few concepts to get past certain class story bosses (what the heck is an interrupt?) I was doing HM raiding by the time I rolled Audiva and wanted to see what difference that experience made.

Ok so firstly the normal reason, which was my female Sorc, I had a blast levelling her but missed out on a lot of content to get her to kotfe (mostly side quests and bonus series), knowing I like doing every quest it is easier to go back and level a new sorc rather than try to work out what I have not yet done (the character is the same model even the same name barring the surname).

The more crazy reason I have is my male warrior and guardian, I had always wanted to have Kira and Jaesa as the companions of choice yet I ended up having to use Doc and Quinn, so despite having mostly done story stuff upto SOR I deleted both to run exclusively with Kira and Jaesa instead.

Diablo Hardcore mode anyone?

When XP was slow to get, mobs dangerous and gear that important I level'ed a character up to 47 without a single defeat. Then on a group of trash mobs I accidentally jumped back and my character felt to his death.

So I deleted the character.

You can bet I was quite sweating while doing group content with strangers sometimes. Still playing hardcore was the most fun experience I had. I never ever became that attached to a character since then, especially with the insane XP bonus we have now.

RIP Xanaxes.