Reverse engineering bug post patch?

Azygous

Was just about to make a post about the same thing.

Reversed 5 greens, learned "Critical" version of Nano-Optic Response Implant. So far reversed about 45 more greens trying to get the Redoubt version and nothing. I'd put this down to RNG but I've never had this much trouble getting a blue reversal from a green.

Gotta be a either a bug or just about the most horrible math fail ever. What if the chances of getting a schematic from REing are based off the number of schematics you've gotten from REing that item already. IE: Before the first schematic you have a 20% chance, after that it drops to 2%, after that it drops to 0.02%. I've run into this as well. I also get the ohh so lovely "You already know this schematic" message. That one is especially rage inducing. Thanks for proccing and all, but why the hell does it not just give me one of the schematic I already know?

If you have this problem with biochem, then I have no sympathy for you.

If you have this problem with a different crafting skill - then you are just having bad luck.

Thanks but um I never asked for your sympathy or your um 'constructive' post.

Not everyone exploited the game to make creds. Gathering materials costs time and money.

I appreciate you being the first troll on this thread, though.

Gotta be a either a bug or just about the most horrible math fail ever. What if the chances of getting a schematic from REing are based off the number of schematics you've gotten from REing that item already. IE: Before the first schematic you have a 20% chance, after that it drops to 2%, after that it drops to 0.02%. I've run into this as well. I also get the ohh so lovely "You already know this schematic" message. That one is especially rage inducing. Thanks for proccing and all, but why the hell does it not just give me one of the schematic I already know?

Good thought but I did not get a single blue off of it yet. It could be just chance but things like these should be brought to the attention of the devs and then dismissed or taken seriously either way.

Edited by Azygous

never got the "you already know this schematic" message. and i also doubt the chance decreases, since i heard of people getting all 15 purples, and this would be impossible then.

Yet another post about how so-and-so patch broke RE.

It's not broken. What it is, is random. But then, you already knew that.

PS I learned 3 new schematics this evening out of about 30 items.

lucky you. i REd about 800 blue earpieces and got nothing. im thinking its a bug, but of course i cant be sure, maybe its just insanely bad luck. i would like to see a yellow post about the fact that im the least lucky guy in the world. or that i am deliberatly posting misinformation. but im not posting misinformation, afaik, i have crafted about 800 blue earpieces, give and take 50, if this number is not correct, dear bioware, feel free to post the actual number of overkill chips i REd. i already said i could have made a mistake at counting. but i guess we wont see a yellow post on this, since my numbers arent wrong(and if theyre off, they arent off much), and bioware hasnt really reacted on any complaints about the crafting system, because they know its ****** and they dont want people to notice too much.

Just to add my 2 credits on this topic...

Just picked up a crafting skill tonight on a new light-side character. I reverse engineered the same first level item 17 or 18 times tonight (after the patch) before receiving my first blue recipe.

I have the same craft skill on an alternate dark-side character who got a blue recipe on the 3rd RE attempt about 2 weeks ago.

RNG to blame (bad luck)? Maybe.

Something not working as intended after today's patch? Perhaps.

Just to add my 2 credits on this topic...

Just picked up a crafting skill tonight on a new light-side character. I reverse engineered the same first level item 17 or 18 times tonight (after the patch) before receiving my first blue recipe.

I have the same craft skill on an alternate dark-side character who got a blue recipe on the 3rd RE attempt about 2 weeks ago.

RNG to blame (bad luck)? Maybe.

Something not working as intended after today's patch? Perhaps.

I'm sorry, you do know that the R in RNG stands for RANDOM right? Questioning it being BROKEN after the patch from that example is preposterous.

RE'd a blue and two purples (one happened when RE'ing a droid part for mats, because I couldn't sell it. Boy, what a nice surprise) yesterday, so there is no general bug in RE.

EDIT:

And, btw, I keep records of my reengineering.

So far it is 32, 47, 13 for my successful purple inventions. Earpieces.

I advise you to keep track. Because you tend to overestimate the hard work if you don't keep records. Everything below 80 is definitely "normal".

Edited by _Flin_

lucky you. i REd about 800 blue earpieces and got nothing. im thinking its a bug, but of course i cant be sure, maybe its just insanely bad luck. i would like to see a yellow post about the fact that im the least lucky guy in the world. or that i am deliberatly posting misinformation. but im not posting misinformation, afaik, i have crafted about 800 blue earpieces, give and take 50, if this number is not correct, dear bioware, feel free to post the actual number of overkill chips i REd. i already said i could have made a mistake at counting. but i guess we wont see a yellow post on this, since my numbers arent wrong(and if theyre off, they arent off much), and bioware hasnt really reacted on any complaints about the crafting system, because they know its ****** and they dont want people to notice too much.

It's driving me nuts. I'm not in it to sell stuff, I just want to make some nice implants for guildies who get to 50. And I'm failing every single RE. I'm getting Aion flashbacks at this point.

Yet another post about how so-and-so patch broke RE.

It's not broken. What it is, is random. But then, you already knew that.

PS I learned 3 new schematics this evening out of about 30 items.

Yet another post? I havent seen another thread about this issue. I've seen threads about RE button not lighting up, or RE giving non-related schematics, but not one where the chance to proc hits almost 0.

I'd like to chime in on this as well. I'm the top cybertech on my server. Before 1.1, I had already RE'ed all the level 49 mods and armoring into epics. I already had reverse engineered all the level 49 green earpieces into ALL 30 different blue earpieces. Then, I had actually gotten 14 of the purple earpieces.

After patch 1.1 dropped, I have reverse engineered a total of 424 blue earpieces. The first one took me 201 to get the purple recipe. The second one took me 223.

I understand how things can be random and we could just collectively be having bad luck. The problem with people using the "you don't know what random means" excuse is...is that a bug COULD actually exist, and we would not have any way of knowing about it.

Something just seems OFF with my numbers regarding reverse engineering post 1.1. I was surprised to come here and find this topic.

I'd like to chime in on this as well. I'm the top cybertech on my server. Before 1.1, I had already RE'ed all the level 49 mods and armoring into epics. I already had reverse engineered all the level 49 green earpieces into ALL 30 different blue earpieces. Then, I had actually gotten 14 of the purple earpieces.

After patch 1.1 dropped, I have reverse engineered a total of 424 blue earpieces. The first one took me 201 to get the purple recipe. The second one took me 223.

I understand how things can be random and we could just collectively be having bad luck. The problem with people using the "you don't know what random means" excuse is...is that a bug COULD actually exist, and we would not have any way of knowing about it.

Something just seems OFF with my numbers regarding reverse engineering post 1.1. I was surprised to come here and find this topic.

I would agree with this, I understand random, etc. but in reading this thread and in talking to my guildies, other crafters I know and my own experiences it seems that there was a change, be it by bug or unannounced change, that the likelihood of learning a new schematic via R/E has been reduced since 1.1

I understand the bad look. I'm more thinking of averages, It just seems that after the patch the average rate is lower. But then, I could still be in a bad luck streak. I have RE'd a couple since patch so I know it still works now.