"Dry Spells" in SWTOR story

Obianon

Time and time again, the thing that sets SWTOR apart from other MMOs i've played is the fact that my characters are supposed to actual characters instead of mindless avatars. But in between expansions like ROTHC and PvE patches like CZ-198 and Oricon, there are multiple month if not year long "dry spells" where my character has no story-driven interaction with the greater world or the characters in it. Not to mention that since lvl 50, my companions have been utterly lifeless.

Its time for some story-driven content, whether solo or not (preferably both), that is repeatable and or unlocked via end-game progression. The Bounty Hunter Event is on the right track: story interaction that brings you to multiple planet with randomized NPCs and objectives with "kingpin" missions you unlock.

How about some kind of weekly missions with randomized objectives for the Jedi Council or Republic High Command and/or repeatable quests given by our companion characters.

Maybe I'm hunting Jedi Shadows infiltrating the Empire with Jaesa/Xalek, or Children of the Emperor who have remained hidden despite the demise of the First Son with Kira/Nadia.

Then you could have missions that are unlocked through reputation or completing achievements. Maybe there is an optional boss in a future flashpoint who is trying to wipe valuable information from a datacore, and if you reach/beat him under a certain time limit, you recover the information and it leads you to a mission.

I'm just spit-balling here, but I would really like some repeatable story content during the Interludes to hold me over until the next PvE patch or expansion. That would really make me a happy sub.

• 4 weeks later...