Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What have you done to Ravage?!

AGSThomas
12.03.2018 , 08:57 AM | #1
Returning founder here...

Ravage... just ugh. Such an awesome animation turned into something I don't even want to cast anymore.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

Rion_Starkiller
12.03.2018 , 02:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
Returning founder here...

Ravage... just ugh. Such an awesome animation turned into something I don't even want to cast anymore.
I used to be able to take a sip of coffee during my ravage channel, now I have to wait until after combat.
Bring back channeled Ravage/ Master Strike!
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

CrazyScruffy
12.03.2018 , 10:33 PM | #3
I prefer the change, don't have a channel so can't be interrupted or have to move due to mechanics. It was a much needed and (personally) loved change as I man a guardian/juggernaut

VainEldritch
12.10.2018 , 05:33 AM | #4
A mobile hard-hitting dps class like Veng should not be casting channeled attacks. I prefer it as it is now.
Vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanitas
"I didn't get where I am today by letting some snot-nosed Jedi Padawan leave my cheese out in the wind." Sith Imperial Guard Vorlok Vindictus explains why Jedi Younglings must die.
Star Wars: The Old Republic beta tester and Founder

acidkhmer
12.30.2018 , 01:19 PM | #5
Like you, i'm returning to swtor today, and......OMG ravage! Star war is all about lightsaber combat choregraphie, tne animation is terrible, on the light side they make a good change but on the darkside, it make me not want to play my tank guardian anymore.....

KendraP
12.30.2018 , 02:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by acidkhmer View Post
Like you, i'm returning to swtor today, and......OMG ravage! Star war is all about lightsaber combat choregraphie, tne animation is terrible, on the light side they make a good change but on the darkside, it make me not want to play my tank guardian anymore.....
It was the same change for both guardians and juggernauts (i assume thats what you mean by light and dark), and it makes the class more mobile, not needing any long channeled casts.

For me, net positive.

Severith
01.01.2019 , 04:31 AM | #7
Ravage was the reason I pvped with a veng jugg for 5 years.

Ravage hit so hard, that there was an actual meta for dealing with veng juggs, to always stun before the last tick of it went off, in that space before the last tick and the leap immunity wore off. It had a cool animation and feel to it. I literally pvped just so I could use it on people.

It is really sad now that it's an instant cast that hits like a wet noodle. It's actually a liability in a lot of cases these days. If you use ravage against a merc who puts up energy shield at the same time, that merc now has 4 stacks of healing.

....and it goes without saying the new animation is dumb. I could really see Vader doing the old style ravage animation, but he'd look pretty stupid bouncing around with the current animation.

acidkhmer
01.19.2019 , 08:19 AM | #8
Same as you, i've stopped played this character, all the feel of power is broked, stupid and rigid animation....

JJKerryee
01.19.2019 , 08:34 AM | #9
If the new ravage looks good or not is subjective. What is not; however, is that this change was needed. It made no sense for such mobile melee class to have to stop and wait for a cast animation. I personally loved the change.
Use my referral link, you know you want to: http://www.swtor.com/r/qb2Ygz And we both get good things!
Retreat is not weakness, it is strategy.

rossonja
01.24.2019 , 12:57 AM | #10
I am also just returning. I have seen the new Guardian version. I will have to check out the new Jugg version. The upside is that almost all other Jugg abilities look/sound cooler.