About Dps

Jaimai

Hey guys.

I havent played Swtor for a while (like everyone else that starts a thread=) Think it was in February or something....

Anyhow i was thinking of lvling 2 dps classes for mostly Pve but also some PvP. One ranged and one melee was the plan=) The thing is i dont want to play Marauder/Sentinel or Sniper/Gunslinger :p

And what i have heard and read theese are the best dps classes for melee and ranged, right? So that´s why i am asking you my friends for some help. What would you recommend for classes other then thoose? I am not afraid for a challenge, learn and study the class to be good. But if the class is so totally broken that i cant do great damage even if im good at the class or got good gear etc, then i dont think i even care about that class =)

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks for your time and have a great weekend=)

Hmm but they are both ranged? :S

Try killing someone at 30m with a Powertech.

Heck, try killing a real ranged class at 30m with a Powertech, you'll get your *** handed to you.

A Powertech has some 30m attacks but it's not doing proper damage until 10 and 4m from target.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Go with Guardian Vigilance dps. Beating Sents with a Guardian in dps race is so much fun. Doesn't happen always, but when it does it's so much fun. You'll notice them inspecting you with a "how the hell did a Guardian just beat me?" look in their eyes. Priceless!

For ranged, I'd say Commando. Gunslinger is a pure dps class but I personally prefer Commandos.

• 3 weeks later...

Melee - Assassin, Operative, Powertech: I vote assassin or PT. Operative DPS is super fun, but it's not really where it should be at the moment. Assassin and Powertech are both more viable for PvE and PvP purposes. Personally, I'm a huge fan of stealth, so Assassin wins out in my book.

Ranged - Sorcerer, Mercenary: both of these make great healers, but neither really excels at DPS in the PvP arena. Both are viable and interesting in PvE, though. I like the madness mechanics for sorcs, though, and I feel like they come with some nice utility, even if you're straight DPS - Sorcerer here.

Definitely all are viable and you should choose what fits your personality. Play all of them or watch some videos of their play. You'll figure out what appeals to you.