Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remember when you had a variety of opponents in PvP? Pepperidge farm remembers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remember when you had a variety of opponents in PvP? Pepperidge farm remembers.

TrixxieTriss
11.29.2020 , 11:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
I love getting backfilled into a losing match, it's really fun.
Jokes aside, not being able to even leave backfills is irritating.

I've mentioned so many times in the past how to improve match making, even others have had wonderful ideas.
I don't think they're open to listening or even care, mainly due to the lack of communication from them.
Seems they only care about ranked player feedback. If it’s regs they don’t seem to take it seriously.

TrixxieTriss
11.30.2020 , 12:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
The level of 75 regs is very close to rock bottom at the moment...

It's funny how I still remember the constant complaint about quitters on this forum. Well, guess what ? Bioware listened.. and now we are all angry ? How is that possible , when this is what we asked them to do.

I also noticed that que times are slightly slower so BIOWARE please remove this horrible feature from regs. Please... It should kept only in ranked !

I started PVP-ing around mid to late 4.0 and I don't remember PVP being this bad ....
There are other methods or even adjustments they could do to this system to make it less oppressive.

Sappharan
12.01.2020 , 02:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Seems they only care about ranked player feedback. If it’s regs they don’t seem to take it seriously.
I'm not even sure they care about that. Wish to all that was good and right in this world that they had NOT listened to the whiners regarding the deserter debuff. The toxicity is worse, the games are worse, and the waits are longer.

Used to be at the end of a game one team would GG the other team. Now...now you get derision and contempt. It's not a fun experience anymore.

TrixxieTriss
12.01.2020 , 08:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
I'm not even sure they care about that. Wish to all that was good and right in this world that they had NOT listened to the whiners regarding the deserter debuff. The toxicity is worse, the games are worse, and the waits are longer.

Used to be at the end of a game one team would GG the other team. Now...now you get derision and contempt. It's not a fun experience anymore.
You can have a lock out and have it work fine “if” -
1. players have an option to choose what maps they play.
2. the matchmaking works 200% better than now
3. there is still a way to progress missions if you get losing sides
4. you don’t have premades vs pugs
5. you have a system that can tell if a player DCs or leaves
6. you have a mechanism in place so people can avoid trolls
7. you have a deserter buff that’s no more than 10 mins.
8. back filling should give you an option to leave with no penalty

Sadly, none of those things are available in swtor pvp, so for that reason, the deserter debuff is more detrimental then helpful.

Sappharan
12.02.2020 , 05:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
I love getting backfilled into a losing match, it's really fun.
Jokes aside, not being able to even leave backfills is irritating.
Or a match where one side has a premade and several people on my team desert...at least 2 or 3 deserted. Every other time I looked at the team roster during the match it was alternately minus a player or full. I looked several times. Don't know whether the opposing team was a premade or not, but it felt like it. Worst pvp game I have had in years.