Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

totherkins
04.18.2012 , 11:27 PM | #21
For the current 1.2 TTK I enjoy the faster paced kills/deaths as a 50 sage healer if people want heals they have to attack/cc the people focusing me. That being said I have 2-3 people on me its gg like it should be and 1v1 is skill based. I feel that in 1.2 it requires dps to have an actual role in pvp then mindlessly killing.

Helfur
04.18.2012 , 11:30 PM | #22
/signed

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Rollento
04.18.2012 , 11:31 PM | #23
Quote:
For the current 1.2 TTK I enjoy the faster paced kills/deaths as a 50 sage healer if people want heals they have to attack/cc the people focusing me. That being said I have 2-3 people on me its gg like it should be and 1v1 is skill based. I feel that in 1.2 it requires dps to have an actual role in pvp then mindlessly killing.
[/QUOTE]

It was pre-1.2 too. FYI BIoware said they wanted to slow the TTK down, when they sped it up. Skilled teams don't have to focus targets down decisively. They just call a name out, and it goes down. Think about it. How many times do you see a target icon on select characters. NEVER! Its not needed. !Things die so fast its just zerg and no strategy.

totherkins
04.18.2012 , 11:37 PM | #24
In 1.2 they've allowed every player to mark people and I'm not sure why you don't but if I'm facing a good group and in a premade I most definately mark targets especially bursty dps. Now.. if BW stated they want to slow the TTK they need to listen to the guy who said expertise needs to be baselined and give a major overhaul to the resolve system.

Aaoogaa
04.18.2012 , 11:41 PM | #25
They have painted themselves into a corner with the current game. It is all balanced around their "tight" enrage timers for raiding now. Nothing else in the game matters. They cannot nerf dps nor buff healing with the current state of raiding. This is what you get when you design to dumb things down. DPS does x healing does y and it only matters what it looks like on a spread sheet.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Samcuu
04.19.2012 , 12:07 AM | #26
i'm like most of you don't post too often, and very upset with the state of pvp atm...lol i have a full time job already it's not fun for me to play a game just to grind for gear...pointless...ne ways i would love to see the pvp changed back to the way it was prior to 1.2, still not sure if it would bring me back as I have already unsubbed....that is more of a customer service problem than anything...bioware seem clueless and like most mmos just listen to the qq'ers when they already had a perfectly good game that needed 1 or 2 minor tweaks...but just like every other clueless mmo go out and completely change everything and alienate their biggest player base...lol they don't deserve my $$$

Babburg
04.19.2012 , 12:12 AM | #27
/sign

Sugarray
04.19.2012 , 12:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Samcuu View Post
i'm like most of you don't post too often, and very upset with the state of pvp atm...lol i have a full time job already it's not fun for me to play a game just to grind for gear...pointless...ne ways i would love to see the pvp changed back to the way it was prior to 1.2, still not sure if it would bring me back as I have already unsubbed....that is more of a customer service problem than anything...bioware seem clueless and like most mmos just listen to the qq'ers when they already had a perfectly good game that needed 1 or 2 minor tweaks...but just like every other clueless mmo go out and completely change everything and alienate their biggest player base...lol they don't deserve my $$$
Everyone who ever pointed out that a class might be a bit overpowered its called QQ.

So if BW deems a class is to OP and its gets nerfed u lads just say they listened to QQ.

Noctournys
04.19.2012 , 12:19 AM | #29
I haven't logged in since the friday after the patch.

I tried out a few WZs, and the massively reduced TTK made PvP almost painfully un-fun.

Id like an answer of some kind, even if it is just "we are aware and are working on a fix". Otherwise... when my 30 free days are over.. im unlikely to resub.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

Samcuu
04.19.2012 , 12:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Sugarray View Post
Everyone who ever pointed out that a class might be a bit overpowered its called QQ.

So if BW deems a class is to OP and its gets nerfed u lads just say they listened to QQ.
I disagree. There's a difference in saying for example. Bioware please fix this issue with my character. Imperial agents my mirror class can move while they stun people. Somewhat unfair that my character has to stand still to use dirty kick. Put's me at a disadvantage. Bioware replies you are right let's fix that. It is fixed, minor tweak makes things more balanced.

Now a qq'er. OMG SORCS ARE SO OP'D blah blah blah etc etc OMG HEALS ARE OP NERF THEM!!!!....sorc's were strong, but they were squishy i didn't see a problem with it...heals needed a minor tweak IMO, but when 90% of the community would rather complain than figure out a way to beat that particular class fine I guess you have to appease the "masses"