Jedi Knight Letter

Chasaskan

I just finished the original story on my second Jedi Knight, and I guess I didn't notice it before, but ....

In this game letter I get after finishing Doomsday, Saresh calls me "General".

Since when did my JK become a General?

Grandmaster Satele Shan made him a Master.

I just finished the original story on my second Jedi Knight, and I guess I didn't notice it before, but ....

In this game letter I get after finishing Doomsday, Saresh calls me "General".

Since when did my JK become a General?

Grandmaster Satele Shan made him a Master.

I believe that's because either you're Dark Side or it was a hold over and Knight wasn't supposed to become a Master, but people complained in Beta. However, it may have just been the dark siders complaining.

If Master Satele granted you the rank of master it may be a bug.

As mentioned above back in the beta dark side jedi knights were not granted the rank and title of master what would happen is she would refuse to promote you and a republic official (a General/admiral?) said instead of master they would grant you the rank of general instead.

Of course people complained so even if not promoted to master you still got the master title anyway so perhaps the game simply sent you the wrong email.

You still get the title of Master even if you're DS. Much like how SW got the title of Wrath but Bioware changed it to "Darth" due to player feedback, General is a title you would've gotten in beta for being DS though so if you're character is DS that's probably it, if you're LS though then it's definitely a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

My character is LS, just to clarify things, so Satele made him a Master.

However, he DID make some DS choices in the story where I felt that the LS option did not make sense. Like for example, he killed the Emperor on DK rather than trying to redeem him because he understood that it was impossible for him to be redeemed, and that it would be the lesser of two evils to kill him rather than to walk away. So perhaps the letter got sent because of that particular choice.

I know in later eras, in times of war, Jedi were given the rank of General on the battlefield. I'm not sure if that applied during the TOR era.

My character is LS, just to clarify things, so Satele made him a Master.

However, he DID make some DS choices in the story where I felt that the LS option did not make sense. Like for example, he killed the Emperor on DK rather than trying to redeem him because he understood that it was impossible for him to be redeemed, and that it would be the lesser of two evils to kill him rather than to walk away. So perhaps the letter got sent because of that particular choice.

I know in later eras, in times of war, Jedi were given the rank of General on the battlefield. I'm not sure if that applied during the TOR era.

It did not to my knowledge, at least not in the SWTOR era. But in the New Sith wars (2000 BBY to 1000 BBY) Jedi took up the mantle of "Jedi Lords" essentially, it was an informal title but reflected their role as not merely peacekeepers but administrators of systems during the last century of the war.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Lord

Here's a link if anyone is interested.