[End Saboteur Role Permanently] option bugged

CANDEROUSA

On my consular saboteur playthrough I decided to not sabotage the republic and end that role permanently at the end of the expansion. But in the final scene with NR-02 it played out the same as if I continued to be a saboteur, meeting darth Xarion and everything. Hopefully this can be fixed, as it's a pretty important choice that'll effect the story going forward.

I had the same thing happen. Wasn't sure if it's a bug or not though it feels like one, especially after seeing what happens when an Imperial saboteur ends their role. I tried out the saboteur role on my Smuggler but ended up not enjoying it so following Corellia, at the end, I took the non-saboteur option and then in the holocall with the droid picked the [end sab/return loyalist] option. However, I still received a mission to meet the droid on Nar Shaddaa where he informed me of the next stage and the special team I'd be part of led by Darth Whatshisface, and that they would contact me again soon. As if I didn't end my saboteur role and there was no option on the dialogue wheel during that Nar Shaddaa cantina scene to confirm ending my role.

Server: Star Forge

Character: Kylá

Edited by JennyFlynn

I'm pretty sure Charles has referenced this on Twitter. I'm putting down here what I remember, and just remember that memory is the first thing to go... =)

Charles said that a saboteur can choose to stop being a saboteur and that they would eventually rejoin their faction. Nothing was said about how many choices would be involved or how long it would take for the change to be acknowledged in the game. Again, that I remember. So maybe it's just not enough choices yet.

I'm pretty sure Charles has referenced this on Twitter. I'm putting down here what I remember, and just remember that memory is the first thing to go... =)

Charles said that a saboteur can choose to stop being a saboteur and that they would eventually rejoin their faction. Nothing was said about how many choices would be involved or how long it would take for the change to be acknowledged in the game. Again, that I remember. So maybe it's just not enough choices yet.

It is implemented in-game. Both the Republic and Imperial characters can end their saboteur role after Corellia and if you're Imperial, you'll meet with Jonas again to end your saboteur role.

You can even kill him.

However, as a Republic character, your choice to end being a saboteur is first acknowledged during the holocall but then when you head to Nar Shaddaa it is entirely ignored and you're treated as a friend who followed every instruction despite the fact you did not. That seems like a bug rather than intended play.

Edited by JennyFlynn

This is what's supposed to happen:

But I never got this option.

Exactly, neither did I, despite clicking [end saboteur role] during my holocall with NR02 after Corellia. He even expressed his disappointment in me because I took the non-sab option to keep the shields up.

Exactly, neither did I, despite clicking [end saboteur role] during my holocall with NR02 after Corellia. He even expressed his disappointment in me because I took the non-sab option to keep the shields up.

Did you choose to rejoin the republic/jedi? Or did you keep the alliance independent?

I chose the latter and this bug happened to me too.

Did you choose to rejoin the republic/jedi? Or did you keep the alliance independent?

I chose the latter and this bug happened to me too.

I chose to remain independent. Guess that's what botches it up then, or can you not become a loyalist if you're independent? That would be odd.

on Imperial Side so far, the only requirement for rejoining (from what I can tell) is not sabotaging Objective Meridian, after which you are given the option

If you sabotage the Flashpoint, you don't get the option.

Full disclosure, these are the relevant combinations I've tried

Sabotage Onderon, (and all three kill options) +

partial sabotage of Mek'sha (loyal on the vote always, but either leave evidence, or underpower to disable fleet)

with all the previous options, sabotaging Meridian gives no option to rejjoin, and destroying it allows rejjoin

that leaves it being possible that if you do enough of the pre-meridian sabotage, it will also lock you out of rejoining, but I can't say for sure.

On the pub side, i didn't do any of the sabotage options. Not a single one. (Like not even one during pre-Onslaught if I remember correctly)

I was given the option to end the saboteur role and took it. Confirmed via the confirmation message.

I was offered the chance to come back to the republic/jedi, but chose to keep the alliance independent.

Then it seemed to bug out and act like I didn't choose to stop being a saboteur.

My Smuggler took all [sabotage] options, save for the end in the Meridian complex where she chose the non-sab option after fighting Malgus. She kept the shields in tact. NR02 called, expressed disappointment, I chose to end my sab-role in that conversation. Moved on to speak with the General and new Chancellor Rans, told them I'd rather be independent, then all the cutscenes ended and I got my mission to meet NR02 on Nar-Shaddaa where he treated me as a friend, said nothing of my failure, I had no option to re-affirm my choice to end my saboteur role, if anything they sucked me in deeper so... :confused::(

I didn’t even know there was an option to stop being a saboteur?
Yes. I'm not sure which other options influence this (if any other) but I can say for a fact that, during Onslaught, once you're in the end stage of the Corellia/Meridian FP where you've fought Tau/Malgus and the platform crumbles, and you rush to disable/fix shields... if you do NOT take the saboteur option in that moment you'll end up reprimanded by your opposing-faction-contact. When that happens you can pick to end your sab role and become a loyalist again, and when you go to Nar Shaddaa later to meet that contact, you can confirm ending your sab role again either in a nice way or by offing your contact. Edited by JennyFlynn

• 1 month later...
Has there still not been a fix for this? I've been away for a bit but I see nothing in the patch notes and the email I got back from customer support is barely comprehensible, leaving me convinced that they didn't understand the problem I was having.