Why do you play your class?

Henu

This is a question ive always want to ask people, why do you play your class?

Is it coz FoTM?

is it OP?

Easy to play?

you just enjoy it?

ETC ETC. ill go first.

I play my merc because i love the challenge, i know they are not as good as other classes but i enjoy the style of play.

I've always enjoyed playing the DPS scoundrel more than any other class because;

1) It is the easiest class for me (by FAR) to get accustomed to and/or learn rotations and know when to pop certain cooldowns, etc.

2) It has great burst DPS (though not as good as some other classes - we've been nerfed previously and our DPS output is probably not as high as other classes anymore

3) It has really good utility for lots of different things in multiple different warzones.

Scoundrel/Operative DPS hasn't been FOTM for a long time, and probably won't ever be again, but it is extremely fun in comparison to all the other classes I've played.

Lastly, I have enormous respect for Kript and Chasity for making the most hated PvP advanced class work for them when noone else seems to be able to pull off DPS Commando/Mercenary (at least on our server).

Edited by BennyKrak

I play my Marauder mostly due to pre-meditated thought. When the classes were first announced, I already knew I was going to be a Sith Warrior. Then they announced the advanced classes, and I picked Marauder because I loved the idea of "BRAWRMELEEDAMAGEBRAWR".

Well, that and because I used to RP a character that was very similar to a Marauder class and thought "Hey, I can finally be what I always wanted!"

I play guardian, love the stance danceing i can do and when the stars like up and i get to use a dispatch then a saber throw i get a little tear in my eye because it's so mad throwing a lightsaber around.

side note i was a guardian before they got the Hulk Smash/ lolSweep buff ( which is now a fotm and is still crap )

Edited by BattleGracefully

Hi,

Has been a fair while since I logged in and done of anything, on any of my toons. Anyways to make a long story short, the last couple days I have actually been on for longer than 5 mins, running round on an Alt.

BH Merc (Healer) I played this class since launch. Loved the challenge, of running as a PvP healer on me Merc, and I enjoyed playing this class. Also was me main

Shadow- I loved playing this class simply cause of the Stealth, and Mess abilities. I found this class to be one I could easily solo with. Previos games I ahve played I have enjoyed classes with stealth abilities. Definatly liked being able to run round Stealthed.

Logged off an hour back, thinking to myself....gawd I hate certain aspects of this game. why did I sub again? prft who knows. Will stay subbed for the short term to see what new shiny stuff gets brough to this game

Edited by Tiberians

Get too bored will all the classes I play so I switch a lot but I'll give details about the classes!

Operative/Scoundrel - Assist DPS. Not good when you don't have anyone good to do this assist part with :(

Juggernaut/Guardian - By far my favorite class. Best class for wzs imo because you get a 4 second immunity to CC on charge, taunts and a friendly charge that counts as a taunt, aoe slows and with amazing amount of consistent DPS. Only seen Aznpower, Sion along with myself, run this spec amazingly as a DPS.

Sentinel/Marauder- I was trying to think why the heck I was even playing this class when I remembered a forum stating that no one would be able to beat me 1v1 and yeah sadly that was the only reason I made it. Fun and joy is over though. Still haven't been beaten 1v1 by any sents/rauders on it since its got out of recruit and now that I proved my point I have no use for it. I can do everything with this class that I could do on my guardian/jug. Only thing a sentinel has on a jug/guard is support abilities which imo doesn't compare to the taunting/control/protection abilities of a guardian/jug.

Gs/Sniper- Awesome burst ability. If played well can be very mobile. Only thing is 99% of them dont play mobile. So far the only one Ive seen do this well is Varlan. Amazing slinger and will be scary as hell when fully geared.

Sorce/Sage - Loved playing madness on this thing. If dmg was bolstered a little more on top of less force usage needed in this spec, I wouldn't mind going back to it. Lightning spec required you to stand still too much.

Powertech - By god! By far my favorite pre-50 toon I've ever played. just rofl all over pre-50s and I might just make a vanguard to have the luls again. Gave it up due to being a glass/cannon and not having enough abilities too hit. I'm too ADD not to have 500 skills i can roll my fingers over.

Been playing 3 classes since January. My first class was a Sage healer, followed by this Vanguard Dps and finally I am back to my roots as a healer with my scoundrel healer. I just love healing I guess.

Btw Mosh, I have to say that Kaziel was up there as one of the best MVP players when he was playing. The guy put out some pretty good dps via vigilance spec, was so difficult to be killed and was one of the best huttball players I've seen.

Juggernaut/Guardian - By far my favorite class. Best class for wzs imo because you get a 4 second immunity to CC on charge, taunts and a friendly charge that counts as a taunt, aoe slows and with amazing amount of consistent DPS
I feel guardians have a lot of variability due to difference's in spec. And after trying out FOTM focus for a bit I really missed having that 4 seconds of CC immunity. But the differences in the specs means you can have vigilance for great consistent dps and tanking abilites (focused defense cd ftw), or have focus for a greater burst capability at the risk of being a glass cannon.

Though an undergeared vig guardian will have a lot tougher time dealing with healers or other high burst classes then an undergeared focus guardian.

Gs/Sniper- Awesome burst ability. If played well can be very mobile. Only thing is 99% of them dont play mobile.
I've only got a lvl 34 sniper but from what I can tell only 1 spec can be truly mobile and that is lethality and it is incredibly mobile compared to a MM sniper (basically a turret) and slightly more mobile then engineering which needs to be in cover to set up its burst. Lethality also has a lot of defensive and cc abilites at a reduced cd which helps nicely.

well, i play my sentinel because he is atm FOTM in focus spec and because i have spent a lot of time swapping mods to be able to do a lot of damage except i got no crit and i play my mecenary healer because he is really fun to play and is fully wh except for 1 pve piece which i use for pvp on my merc and my sent

Yes a mossed that part /clap retard lmao

Thanks, jesus didnt assume you can spell. But how? You dont go to class right? Youre 16 and plays swtor all day... Thank god for centrelink hey? Im glad my tax goes in good hands, atleast i can kill you in game.. Loving every bit of it..

Thanks, jesus didnt assume you can spell. But how? You dont go to class right? Youre 16 and plays swtor all day... Thank god for centrelink hey? Im glad my tax goes in good hands, atleast i can kill you in game.. Loving every bit of it..

Good to see you get your facts correct atleast im the big 16... dam how did you know gj man gj...

Hmm my main was a shadow on the US servers, made a commando healer and loved it so much (before the healing nerf) was able to keep just about everyone alive in lowbie on my US server. Heard how the Aussy servers were more populated so rolled to Dalborra and made a commando heals. Loved it, then went imperial and loved it even more. Uhm I don't think it's the best healing class but I enjoy it. Guess that's all really.

Hmm my main was a shadow on the US servers, made a commando healer and loved it so much (before the healing nerf) was able to keep just about everyone alive in lowbie on my US server. Heard how the Aussy servers were more populated so rolled to Dalborra and made a commando heals. Loved it, then went imperial and loved it even more. Uhm I don't think it's the best healing class but I enjoy it. Guess that's all really.

Heat is easier to manage!

• 4 weeks later...
Been playing 3 classes since January. My first class was a Sage healer, followed by this Vanguard Dps and finally I am back to my roots as a healer with my scoundrel healer. I just love healing I guess.

Btw Mosh, I have to say that Kaziel was up there as one of the best MVP players when he was playing. The guy put out some pretty good dps via vigilance spec, was so difficult to be killed and was one of the best huttball players I've seen.

kaziel was hybrid tank vig, not full vig.