Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why wasn't an 'Engineer' Class never developed or conceived for this game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why wasn't an 'Engineer' Class never developed or conceived for this game?

JepFareborn
08.09.2017 , 04:36 AM | #1
This game needs an 'Engineer' Class - Like Team Fortress Classic or Battlefield series had. Have the engineer build turrets, bridges, lay landmines, and create mechanical devices during OPs Raids or Flashpoints (for example).
I'm currently residing on Server - Satele Shan - formerly from The Harbinger and before that Gauntlet of Kreshh.

SteveTheCynic
08.09.2017 , 06:03 AM | #2
Why does it *need* such a class? I mean, I understand the idea of such a class (GW2, for example, has one), but I don't see why it is *necessary* for a game to have one.

Or is this just another instance of people saying "X needs to Y" when they mean "I want X to Y"?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Thaladan
08.09.2017 , 07:12 AM | #3
this game needs a new class for sure.

legend of hyperspace

Spyderwoman
08.09.2017 , 07:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JepFareborn View Post
This game needs an 'Engineer' Class - Like Team Fortress Classic or Battlefield series had. Have the engineer build turrets, bridges, lay landmines, and create mechanical devices during OPs Raids or Flashpoints (for example).
Maybe not a class but could do a new crew skill? That would be a good one But i do agree a new class for game would be awesome!
Click http://www.swtor.com/r/rxqdKl for free 7 days subscription, bundle pack of goodies, a free transfer and more.

Qouivandes
08.09.2017 , 08:12 AM | #5
would have loved to see the Cybernetic crew skill able to create Cybernetic armor pieces similar to what is offered through the cartel market. like an armorsmith or synthweaver. To add, a beastmaster and droid engineer crew skill that can tame beasts for companions and craft droids for companions...similar to what is offered through ...the...yea...thats not going to happen as they toss them in the CM gamble packs.

so...never you mind this. goes the way of the shipwright crew skill i thought would have been a great addition for both the space rails and GSF portions of the game.

something that might be doable: halve the number of types of color crystals and set the spawn for these crystals across the planets. i have one legacy storage hold dedicated to pretty much just Artifice. AND, please, add one more slot to all weapons/offhands. call these slots "focusing lenses" take all of the color crystals currently in game and convert them to these lenses. then, convert all color crystals to just being color only. this way, you wont have to have four different color crystals per stat. and resist the urge to give those crystals some other stat. to stem the tide of folks upset about a perceived loss note: crystals will become lenses and ensure that the player receives a lens for each type of crystal is unlocked or that they have possession; give one color crystal for each type of, now, lens a character/legacy currently has unlocked unlocked; add lenses to either artifice or arm-smith ensuring that specialized crafting of lenses for both lightsabers and weapons goes to the right skill.

also, an engineer crew skill cold also be used to craft mounts--beastmastery for creature mounts and engineer for mechanical.

however, im sure all of this has been said before, but i had some free time.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

Kingsbount
08.09.2017 , 08:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Qouivandes View Post
would have loved to see the Cybernetic crew skill able to create Cybernetic armor pieces similar to what is offered through the cartel market. like an armorsmith or synthweaver. To add, a beastmaster and droid engineer crew skill that can tame beasts for companions and craft droids for companions...similar to what is offered through ...the...yea...thats not going to happen as they toss them in the CM gamble packs.

so...never you mind this. goes the way of the shipwright crew skill i thought would have been a great addition for both the space rails and GSF portions of the game.

something that might be doable: halve the number of types of color crystals and set the spawn for these crystals across the planets. i have one legacy storage hold dedicated to pretty much just Artifice. AND, please, add one more slot to all weapons/offhands. call these slots "focusing lenses" take all of the color crystals currently in game and convert them to these lenses. then, convert all color crystals to just being color only. this way, you wont have to have four different color crystals per stat. and resist the urge to give those crystals some other stat. to stem the tide of folks upset about a perceived loss note: crystals will become lenses and ensure that the player receives a lens for each type of crystal is unlocked or that they have possession; give one color crystal for each type of, now, lens a character/legacy currently has unlocked unlocked; add lenses to either artifice or arm-smith ensuring that specialized crafting of lenses for both lightsabers and weapons goes to the right skill.

also, an engineer crew skill cold also be used to craft mounts--beastmastery for creature mounts and engineer for mechanical.

however, im sure all of this has been said before, but i had some free time.
OP is talking about new class, not crew skills.
"Дебилы, б****дь" (с) Сергей Лавров

Qouivandes
08.09.2017 , 08:52 AM | #7
aye. i got that, but figured we would have better shot at crew skills than a new class. my view of classes was not what we received. instead, they would have been:
Jedi Sith
Commando(republic) Trooper(imperial)
Officer (republic) Agent (imperial)
Regulator (republic) Bounty Hunter (Imperial)
Smuggler (republic) Dealer (imperial)

adding some form of engineering class would have been great, too. their companions could have been comprised of droids that they built along with movable turrets, etc.

the crew skill set for engineering was something that might be easily implemented more so than a new class. however, i would love for them to add a new class to the game. or, taking galactic command in a new direction, offer some for of specialized class for each current...no, forget i said that.
*.**.* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *.**.*
*.*.* Ebon Hawk *. *.*
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

HeatRacer
08.09.2017 , 11:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Qouivandes View Post
Cybertech is already the crew skill for crafting mounts, though they haven't added any new schematics in awhile.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

bdatt
08.09.2017 , 11:32 AM | #9
I can see it now:

Vitiate: "You were my sole focus."
Engineer: "Really, I just fix stuff."

Foambreaker
08.09.2017 , 11:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwoman View Post
Maybe not a class but could do a new crew skill? That would be a good one But i do agree a new class for game would be awesome!
That is why I don't like the engineer class, most games have crafting and making a crafter a class just adds odd issues.

If we had more spaceship content I could see that, but our ships stay on the rails without engineers