Story Mode Flashpoints

WiestdaBeast

Me and my buddies want to do all the flashpoints. I know now that not all flashpoints have story mode (which I think is dumb because I played a long time ago and more of them were then) but I dont know which ones do. We're imperial characters and I'm level 34. We've successfully done black talon and boarding party but even the foundry (which I have a quest for) will only let us do veteran mode. How do I get the Foundry in story mode and which flashpoints are available in story mode?

That helps. Do you have any idea why the foundry wont let me do story mode though?

Are all of you at or above the required lvl for the flashpoint? In order to get the possibility to do a flashpoint in sm you (and all others if you want to do it as a group) need to be above a certain level. I don't know the exact level for the foundry, early 30's I assume.

If the level isn't the problem, make sure that nobody has a conflicting mission of the same fp in their mission-log. You won't get the sm-option if somebody has a vm or mm mission of the same fp in his mission-log.

Me and my buddies want to do all the flashpoints. I know now that not all flashpoints have story mode (which I think is dumb because I played a long time ago and more of them were then) but I dont know which ones do.

Doesn't sound like you actually want to do story mode. Flashpoint difficulty rating differs from other content:

Story mode flashpoints are easy solo content. You and your companion get carried by a powerful droid. All mobs are easier and in the unlikely event that the droid messes up, there are Kolto stations at the bosses. In story mode you are level-synced down to the flashpoint's original level; this also means it won't be available until you have that level. Foundry is level 37.

Veteran mode is easy group content. Easier than old story mode (at the intended level), the old story mode FPs were converted to what used to be called tactical flashpoints: everyone is bolstered to level 70, healers and tanks are useful but not needed. Bosses have kolto stations, so the strongest dps can facetank them.

Master Mode is what was used to be called hard mode, with litle change in difficulty.

Edited by Mubrak

Doesn't sound like you actually want to do story mode. Flashpoint difficulty rating differs from other content:

Story mode flashpoints are easy solo content. You and your companion get carried by a powerful droid. All mobs are easier and in the unlikely event that the droid messes up, there are Kolto stations at the bosses. In story mode you are level-synced down to the flashpoint's original level; this also means it won't be available until you have that level. Foundry is level 37.y.

While this is correct mostly, I would note that last 3 flashpoints (Umbarra, Traitor among the Chiss, and Nathema) do not have the droid available. Those 3 you have to rely on yourself and your companion.