Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder/Sentinel Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Marauder/Sentinel Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kadra
07.14.2015 , 04:38 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by jauvtus View Post
I dont understand 1 thing: why do you need our feedback to ignore us? Cant you just ignore us without us writing pages about what our class needs, or is it more funny that we write so much yet you still just go with your useless ideas and fixes? Have you not noticed that WE DONT LIKE WHAT YOU DID TO OUR CLASS! Noone likes the new playstyles, what do we need to do to use a time machine and revert us back to 2.X???
I WANT TIME MACHINE! Back to the Future like, Give us 2.10 before we bloody die over it

farlaum
07.14.2015 , 04:48 PM | #32
2-pieces

Watchman/Annihilation - Overload Saber/Deadly Saber grants immunity to all controlling effects for 5 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

Combat/Carnage - Precision/Gore grants immunity to all controlling effects for 5 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

Concentration/Fury - Force Sweep/Smash is no longer useless and deals 80% of the damage that Focused Burst/Raging Burst would deal.

4-pieces

Getting stunned, slept, knocked down or trolled heals you for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

6-pieces

Keep the current bonus

g_mK
07.14.2015 , 04:55 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by farlaum View Post
2-pieces

Watchman/Annihilation - Overload Saber/Deadly Saber grants immunity to all controlling effects for 5 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

Combat/Carnage - Precision/Gore grants immunity to all controlling effects for 5 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

Concentration/Fury - Force Sweep/Smash is no longer useless and deals 80% of the damage that Focused Burst/Raging Burst would deal.

4-pieces

Getting stunned, slept, knocked down or trolled heals you for 20% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.

6-pieces

Keep the current bonus
Only problem is that these are pvp oriented. Set bonus will and should be about dps increase since it benefits both pve and pvp
The ingenious gentleman Dón-Quijote de la Mancha

Karkais
07.14.2015 , 05:06 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 2-Piece: Battering Assault or Zealous Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases all damage dealt by 3% for 10 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Activating Ravage, Master Strike, Dual Saber Throw, or Twin Saber Throw will grant Weaponmaster's/Challenger's Critical Bonus making your next Vicious Throw, Furious Strike and Annihilate or Dispatch, Concentrated Slice and Merciless Slash critically hit. This effect can't occur more than once every minute.
Cheers, all!
The SWTOR Combat Team
[/color]
I would like one of the original setbonuses that had the damage buff tied to activating force charge...
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

jauvtus
07.14.2015 , 05:34 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
I think all 3 specs should be given a flat damage bonus. Anni is no more deserving of it than any of the other specs. Anni already does more than the other 2 overall, if anything it should be Carnage and Fury that get it (Which isn't to say Anni shouldn't get it. Merely that no spec has some sort of divine right to have greater damage than any other one.)

~ Grim

"The Darkside is more powerful. I don't care what Yoda says."
Sorry, but you are greatly mistaken. Sustained dps always must have higher dps than burst dps, thats one of the most important balancing rules, like it or not
Btw for topic: change 4-piece to the old 4-piece to achieve the 5% bonus intended, also 6-piece is garbage for watchman right now (and afaik from combat friends, not so great there either). Maybe if you werent only focusing on homogenizing classes, you could actually make useful set bonuses for all. But then again, watchman would still be in 2.10 version then.

sifudies
07.14.2015 , 05:38 PM | #36
Give us Immunity to stuns and knock backs after force leap/charge
Draxzim, Assassin on Fire
GM of <Ruining Lives> & <Juicy Gang>
The Berzonix Legacy

waterboytkd
07.14.2015 , 06:30 PM | #37
Our set bonuses are fine, if a bit boring. If you (the devs) wanted to spice them up, I would say leave the auto-crit in there (it's a nice damage boost and is pretty clutch for PvP, where burst can be critical), and maybe consolidate the damage bonuses into one bonus at the 2 piece set.

Then, for the 4 piece set, maybe some kind of self-heal? It's useful for both PvE and PvP. Make it some % of Master Strike/Ravage?
The Harbinger - The Grimprophet Legacy
Pubs: An'dru // Azule'ana // Gae'bryal // Jesi'ka // Ae'zryal
Imps: Jon'nee // Rae'zyal // Ma'rya // Kad'ija

Ardarell_Solo
07.15.2015 , 12:50 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 2-Piece: Battering Assault or Zealous Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases all damage dealt by 3% for 10 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Activating Ravage, Master Strike, Dual Saber Throw, or Twin Saber Throw will grant Weaponmaster's/Challenger's Critical Bonus making your next Vicious Throw, Furious Strike and Annihilate or Dispatch, Concentrated Slice and Merciless Slash critically hit. This effect can't occur more than once every minute.

Thanks for the opportunity, Eric & all.

I'd like 4pc increased a bit:

4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases all damage dealt by 4% (up from 3) for 10 seconds.

I find 6pc philosophy to be a bit problematic across the classes, as it makes you prioritize illogical weak abilities at times to improve your opener/burst, cause you want/need the autocrit in it (e.g. Double Strike for Serenity Shadow, Sundering Strike for Guardians. For Sents this is only an issue in Concentration, the other two do use Zealous Strike in their opener anyway. I'd still slightly change that set bonus to just make the autocrit independent of a trigger ability in general and tie the ability to the spec used, if that's possible:

6-Piece: Your Vicious Throw when using Carnage, Furious Strike when using Fury and Annihilate when using Annihilation or Dispatch when using Combat, Concentrated Slice when using Concentration and Merciless Slash when using Watchman will critically hit once every minute.

I agree though that set bonuses are a minor issue - then again, maybe not. Since in PvP stun/mezz chains are a much bigger problem than for other ACs, so as some suggested here, PvP set bonuses should adress that. But with the philosophy of having the same bonuses in both PvE and PvP it does not make sense, as such an immunity is pretty useless in PvE.

I was wondering, though, if you'd reconsider the same set bonus strategy, given the very low cost for PvP gear as of Patch 3.3.? In that case I'd tie immunity to Leap on 6 pc, I think. But PvP pros may come up with sth better, perhaps.

(I'd actually increase Concentration's AoE dsp in PvP, too, not sure if that should be done via set bonus.)

Just for the record:

Watchman/Annihilation is in fact too distracting from difficult fight mechanics, you overdid the "difficult to play" thing a bit here, I think. Probably not much sense repeating what the community has been saying for half a year in detail here...

Combat should get the charge-system for Precision rather than the time based system it has now.

Concentration is pretty much fine, tune up Smash a bit and it's good.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

Firolas
07.15.2015 , 07:19 AM | #39
Feedback from the marauder/sentinel community ??

Really or is this the usually fake request that will go on the auto ignore pile?
Sorry the vast majority of this community as lost all faith and trust in the dev team.

The shocking mess of changes to Annihilation/Watchman and pages and pages of people feedback completely ignored is still a bitter taste in the mouth.
Forget that the spec is useless in Operations and PVP , its now depressing and sad to run in doing dailies.

My marauder is now collecting dust on guild ship..saddest thing ever.
Do I want to provide feedback for set bonus changes ermmm no no I don't..
It will be pointless and in the end most likely screw up the spec further.

Just in the desperate hope that a DEV does actually scan through these pages >>>>>>>>

PUT ANNIHILATION AND WATCHMAN BACK TO PRE 3.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sabers crossed.

AcaciaDragon
07.15.2015 , 07:25 AM | #40
Change the CD on the 6 piece set bonus to 15 sec. This gives Carnage a much needed DPS boost, while still giving the other disciplines the ability to use it as well.

For the 4 Piece, change it to 2% for 5 seconds, but make it stack for each charge used. Giving us all a slight DPS boost, while benefiting Carnage more. Or make it a Damage reduction Stack. Or make it so that popping Berzerk/Zen increases Cloak of Carnage's Damage reduction more.

Scrap the 2 piece, thats stupid. I dont have rage issues anymore so i rarely find i have to use Battering assault with Cloak up, and 2% is nothing, why not just buff all our abilities by 1% instead since it can have 50% uptime anyway. Change the 2 piece to increase Gores window by 1 second, Deadly Sabers can do its damage in 5 sec in stead of 2, and same for force crush 3 sec, to 2.