Avoiding Dark/Light Side Points through ditching?

Is it possible to avoid getting Dark or Light side points by escaping a Flashpoint before the final reward?

Example:

I want a specific drop, which only drops if you make a certain choice in a dialogue but I don't want that choice to impact on my Dark/Light balance.

Would it be possible to make the "wrong turn", kill the boss you're after then press "Esc" and not get the Dark or Light points for it?

It would take 5 minutes to figure it out yourself.

Also, light and dark side points are pointless. Who cares?

I have been choosing the most darkside orientated choices even through it goes against what I want my character to be doing only because I thought it had a big impact on the gear you could use "requires dark side ||" etc?

PS: I am a noobie.

I have been choosing the most darkside orientated choices even through it goes against what I want my character to be doing only because I thought it had a big impact on the gear you could use "requires dark side ||" etc?

The only gear that is restricted by LS/DS points is red/blue/green color crystals (red is DS, blue/green is LS), certain low level relics and a couple of armor pieces from the Light/Dark vendors. You can essentially ignore the system and it wont effect you in any way.

It's designed to let you choose what you want, but ultimately no side will have an edge. The same relics exist for each vendor; it just says "Requires Dark/Light Side". The only difference is the gear look, not the stats. Definitely a clever move by BioWare.

It's designed to let you choose what you want, but ultimately no side will have an edge. The same relics exist for each vendor; it just says "Requires Dark/Light Side". The only difference is the gear look, not the stats. Definitely a clever move by BioWare.

Damit... now I need to reroll. I assume this is what a director feels like getting half way through a movie then realises he has to refilm everything.

Is there a big difference between playing jedi/sith?

Like a jedi who does what he wants vs a sith doing whats right?

Damit... now I need to reroll. I assume this is what a director feels like getting half way through a movie then realises he has to refilm everything.

I have seen many people do what you are talking about, you're talking about a jedi having a red saber, right? It would look strange, but it would look interesting.

I have seen many people do what you are talking about, you're talking about a jedi having a red saber, right? It would look strange, but it would look interesting.

Not so much just for a red saber... more the RP factor. The easiest way for me to explain is, I like playing the chaotic Neutral... the guy who just does whatever the heck he wants on a whim... some one who is only guided by his own erratic moral compass.

I previously though that light side/dark side would have a very large impact towards the end of the game (usually these are binary measurements where you have to work towards one extreme or the other, the fact they are meaningless is great news to me).

I thought I would like Sith but then leveling its all about negative emotion and generic cartoon villainy at every turn, its evil for the sake of evil. I like the idea of respecting power above all else, but then you have all the "no you cant use the light side because it is really evil blah blah destroy its teaching".

Probably the wrong forum to have this conversation, just wondering dialogue-choice wise do you have more freedom as a Sith or a Jedi.

Not so much just for a red saber... more the RP factor. The easiest way for me to explain is, I like playing the chaotic Neutral... the guy who just does whatever the heck he wants on a whim... some one who is only guided by his own erratic moral compass.

I previously though that light side/dark side would have a very large impact towards the end of the game (usually these are binary measurements where you have to work towards one extreme or the other, the fact they are meaningless is great news to me).

I thought I would like Sith but then leveling its all about negative emotion and generic cartoon villainy at every turn, its evil for the sake of evil. I like the idea of respecting power above all else, but then you have all the "no you cant use the light side because it is really evil blah blah destroy its teaching".

Probably the wrong forum to have this conversation, just wondering dialogue-choice wise do you have more freedom as a Sith or a Jedi.

I don't know about other classes, but for a JK, the title you receive at the end is supposed to be different depending on if you're LS or DS.

The very little I played of a sith (SW and SI halfway through dromand Kaas) made me believe I had more freedom as a Jedi. You can be a total dick without getting DS points, as long as you do the right thing when it counts.

Is it possible to avoid getting Dark or Light side points by escaping a Flashpoint before the final reward?

or you could just not pick a conversation option. when you're in a group everyone has a limited amount of time to pick a choice (around 30 seconds i think) and then it moves on. so if there's a ls/ds choice and you dont want either, just dont say anything