Rep Vendor Items DON'T go into collections?

RavageXX

So I decided I wanted a few Bounty Supply Co items bad enough to max out my rep which was a result of multiple hypercrates....

Imagine my dismay when I find out that my Music Therapy Probe doesn't end up in my collections..... Am I alone in thinking thats just a little ridiculous when you factor in how much real money it costs to max out a rep? I'm not allowed to spend some cartel coins to unlock it across my legacy after I've dropped the required cartel market certs?

Ridiculous.

Edited by RavageXX

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Items that are already in Collections are supposed to go into Collections no matter how you acquire it, as soon as the timer runs out. If it is not, put in a support ticket and they will fix it.

The Music Therapy Probe came from a pack, so it should unlock.

Edited by Daewan

Items that are already in Collections are supposed to go into Collections no matter how you acquire it, as soon as the timer runs out. If it is not, put in a support ticket and they will fix it.

Thanks

Yup, Music Therapy Probe and Pocket Sarlacc dont add to collections after the sale timer ends, all the other items add to collection on the Bounty rep vendor, just not those. I sent a ticket in, still waiting atm. Also Dramatic Extrovert Armor on the Star Cluster rep Vendor doesnt work after timer ends or adding in a mod. Havnt tried the armors on the ICE rep vendors yet, the single items work.

Wrong. Very very wrong.

I bought an item that's in collections. The whole set, because I read here that it should be put into collections here ont he forums and if it wasn't, contacting a GM will get it fixed.

So, set bought. No timer. No armor set added to collections. GM contacted. Tells me that is a lie. Anything bought on the Rep vendor doesn't get put into collections, you have to get it from the packs. That was after I bought a hypercrate just to get the certs for the set (either 8 or 9 certs...don't recall which it was).

It's taking awhile, but they've said they will take the armor set back and refund the certs though, which I'm thankful for, because I'd feel really screwed over if they didn't. It's a set in collections after all!

Yup, Music Therapy Probe and Pocket Sarlacc dont add to collections after the sale timer ends, all the other items add to collection on the Bounty rep vendor, just not those. I sent a ticket in, still waiting atm. Also Dramatic Extrovert Armor on the Star Cluster rep Vendor doesnt work after timer ends or adding in a mod. Havnt tried the armors on the ICE rep vendors yet, the single items work.

Wow, I don't understand how some items end up in collections, and others don't. There's way too much conflicting info out on this, and seemingly nothing that I can find that is OFFICIAL from Bioware. Googling turns up plenty of confusion on the issue, hell even in this thread alone there's a ton of conflicting info.

You would think for the sake of transparency and to save a lot of headaches/anger from customers, Bioware would make this abundantly clear...if indeed items are supposed to/not supposed to end up in collections after acquiring them from the Rep Vendors.

Perhaps the changes to collections in 4.0 will address all of this? I haven't read much in the way of detail there, but I have to admit I'd feel rather put out if it turns out I have to buy these items individually for every character after spending the money I did on attaining Legendary rep...

In general their whole collections, account unlocks, character unlocks, and bind on legacy stuff is all kind of messed up. Very confusing for people to know exactly what unlocks what. I end up having to search around the internet for an hour to make sure what I want unlocked will actually unlock the way I want it too.

It really shouldnt be that confusing and I hope 4.0 will make things much clearer.

In general their whole collections, account unlocks, character unlocks, and bind on legacy stuff is all kind of messed up. Very confusing for people to know exactly what unlocks what. I end up having to search around the internet for an hour to make sure what I want unlocked will actually unlock the way I want it too.

It really shouldnt be that confusing and I hope 4.0 will make things much clearer.

Did the same thing. GM explained it to me that if it's bought from a Rep Vendor, then it's a one time deal and no unlocking in the collections, but then the GM did say it was a set no in the collections section, which it obviously is, since it can be bought from packs.

Man why isn't that in bold letters when you go to a Reputation Vendor - ITEMS BOUGHT DO NOT ADD TO COLLECTIONS?

Doesn't it seem absurd that your reward for getting your rep to Legendary (in some cases) is you have to spend Market Certs for every character you want that item on?

I mean maxing a cartel reputation is like what, 4 crates? 5? So you spend upwards of $150 and you don't even get to put the items into your collections.... I don't get that logic.....ESPECIALLY since the items I really wanted weren't even in the same packs that rewarded the reputation required to get the item from the vendor! Love to have that one explained to me.

If I had known that the Bounty Vendor music therapy probe and Darth Malgus Holostatue wouldn't end up in my collections, I would never have bought so many Bounty Supply Co hypercrates... I would have just bought the damn items off the GTN and used Cartel Coins to unlock them through collections. Would have cost WAY less.

Edited by RavageXX

The thing is, most the items DO add to collection, its just a few that dont.. Also, a Dev did answer somewhere and said it was a bug they were looking into, that was like a year or so ago.

The Malgus and Satele Statues do add or they use to add, cause mine added after the timer went off like a year ago. Maybe it got bugged since then.

Edited by Allamirr

I can confirm that the music therapy probe and Thana Vash's armor bought from the rep vendors both unlock in collections, once the bind timer runs out.

Guess I'm just unlucky then. Hopefully support remedies this in a semi-timely manner...I won't hold my breath though.

I hope 4.0 fixes all of this.

Wrong. Very very wrong.

I bought an item that's in collections. The whole set, because I read here that it should be put into collections here ont he forums and if it wasn't, contacting a GM will get it fixed.

So, set bought. No timer. No armor set added to collections. GM contacted. Tells me that is a lie. Anything bought on the Rep vendor doesn't get put into collections, you have to get it from the packs. That was after I bought a hypercrate just to get the certs for the set (either 8 or 9 certs...don't recall which it was).

It's taking awhile, but they've said they will take the armor set back and refund the certs though, which I'm thankful for, because I'd feel really screwed over if they didn't. It's a set in collections after all!

This has not been my experience. Maybe you purchased a set that already had mods in it, which does not add to collections under any circumstances? I've done this with multiple sets, completing Thana Vesh for example, and it has always worked. One item that I purchased did not unlock correctly (a vehicle) and I had to put in a ticket, which got it fixed. I've never had a CS agent tell me that Rep Vendor items do not go into Collections.

I do know that certain items (some of the speeders) and sets (such as the lvl 35 armors with purple mods) do not unlock, but they don't unlock no matter where they come from. It states that on the item in the Collections window, though it is easy to overlook.

The music Therapy probe doesnt unlock for me, even after the bind timer is up. So it is bugged, im still waiting for a ticket to be answered. Thana Vesh Armor unlocks fine for me, Dramatic Extrovert armor doesnt unlock for me though. Weird bug, working and not working for different people. Edited by Allamirr

Opened a ticket for the bug that Darth Malgus holostatue won't add to Collections, but Satele's did, when I bought both from the rep vendor. We shall see what they say.

Note this answer in the thread mentioned above

Excellent question, and I apologize for the delay - I wanted to make sure I had all of the information before answering. The bug is that some reputation items are NOT unlocking. They should unlock the item in Collections for you. I've passed this along to the team for them to look at.

-tw

I have heard - on reddit or Dulfy's comment boards I think - of players submitting tickets to have Rep Vendor items (that were initially available in Packs) added to their Collections but were then told by CS that they do not do that. That has not been my own experience, however.

I used Revan's Mask from the Rep Vendor to finish my Revan set, which worked fine, no ticket needed. I later used a mix for the Series 505 Armor -some pieces I got from Packs and some from the Rep Vendor. When that did not unlock properly, I put in a ticket. About one week later I got a message saying that they had fixed it for me and, sure enough, the the set was properly unlocked in my Collection.

If you submit a ticket and get a "we don't do that" response then I would follow up, since it's entirely possible that there is conflicting info flying around at the CS department (or wherever they outsource it to) - despite the Droid 'handles' the CS team use, these are just human beings and they certainly can make mistakes based on outdated or inconsistent information that they heard. I would ask to have the issue passed on to a supervisor and I would specifically include the direct link to Tait's 'gold post' on the subject:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7353393#post7353393

Excellent question, and I apologize for the delay - I wanted to make sure I had all of the information before answering. The bug is that some reputation items are NOT unlocking. They should unlock the item in Collections for you. I've passed this along to the team for them to look at.

-tw

Edited by DarthDymond