Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed.

It's been discussed in Accademy Exemplar's forums. I'd say we're currently among the larger guilds on the server in terms of active players but since we cater to new players, we're perhaps not as visible to some guilds. Those who have discussed it in our guild have all agreed that something needs to be done and that a server merger is probably the most viable option.

/signed

Tick Tock Bioware ..... the discontent is spreading like a wildfire on Gav Daragon, many even think you want the APAC servers to fail so you dont need to maintain them anymore.

Maybe they have a 12 month return policy on the hardware.

+1 and /signed

+1

/signed

Great thread. Identifies and offers a number of solutions to the most pressing issues that the APAC community are facing.

Even if nothing gets done, all I want is an explicit statement from Bioware that clearly shows that they are aware of our concerns. It would be a bonus if they could provide some actual reasons for why they will or will not make any changes.

/signed

Bioware needs to stop treating us like second class gamers just because of where we game from. I am also really pissed off that I don't get 4 new slots on my account. I have all 8 slots filled, and really wanted the extra ones to make a Marauder that has access to my legacy skills and all my other bonuses from my account. We may be small in number, but the size of a bullet isn't what hurts. It's how fast we hit you.

/signed for support

(I played on an European RP-PvP-server, which were left alone in the dark during the first transfers... they took us into the warmth after about two weeks and I'm really grateful for that... but damn, it was cold and angsty out there, so I feel your pain.)

/signed

Rhalkirr from Dalborra. So many guilds have quit, our numbers are getting lesser and lesser day by day. Playing this game has become a chore for me rather than a means to distress.

1) Merge the APAC servers or

2) Provide an option to transfer our characters back to the US servers

So yesterday I took directly to twitter in search of some communication regarding our servers. I dug up Joveth Gonzalez's personal twitter account and sent him a tweet asking if Bioware had any plans to merge out servers together. After no reply I sent another urging him to communicate with a totally ignored part of his player base. This is his reponse.

http://twitter.com/Joveth/status/248810908275589120

'Currently there are no plans, since we want to make sure those types of servers are available as an option for Oceanic players."

I have also asked him to formally state this in a forum post or somewhere the rest of the community can see it.

So yesterday I took directly to twitter in search of some communication regarding our servers. I dug up Joveth Gonzalez's personal twitter account and sent him a tweet asking if Bioware had any plans to merge out servers together. After no reply I sent another urging him to communicate with a totally ignored part of his player base. This is his reponse.

http://twitter.com/Joveth/status/248810908275589120

'Currently there are no plans, since we want to make sure those types of servers are available as an option for Oceanic players."

I have also asked him to formally state this in a forum post or somewhere the rest of the community can see it.

Will they at least provide as the option to transfer?

I'm sure if they provide 1 week to transfer internally, we could set it up ourselves... kinda like what we did on swiftsure.

• Dev Post
Hello everyone! We thank you for taking the time to constructively express your concerns, but want to remind you that "bumping" and other posts that do not contribute to discussion (such as "/signed" and "+1") are not allowed. We encourage you to continue discussing the issues that are important to you, but ask that you avoid making posts that do not have content that can be discussed. Thank you!

What I would like to know is what are the server population totals per server now at peak times ? Can all be merged to 1 then again look at the issues that dalborra has had over the past 4 months with people having serious lag spikes Personally i don't think VOCAS.AU could run a super server with there history with dalborra I would actually be worried that the performance of there servers would be really B-grade like they have been.

What Options do Oceanic players have because we are treated like second class citizens end of the day we pay the same as the yanks so why shouldn't we have the same options and perks.

I have already rerolled leaving my 4 50's on the decomposing shell that is gav daragon.

Higher ping but I can live with that i spose.

Begeren Colony has more people on at Aussie peak times than the APAC servers ... go figure.

Thanks for the oppurtunity to play on 30ms Bioware but it failed miserably due to no fault of mine. :(

I just want my extra character slots as we were told we would be getting them. Maybe this is a case like the launch where we down here had to wait a few months to get what the rest of the world gets because we are really beneath their notice and not worth bothering with.

I said right from the start that we are in fact hated by them and this has been the proof that was needed that it's true.

Kind of makes me sad as I thought that them giving us our own servers and such that they maybe didn't realy hate us, but was just a ploy to get our hopes up so they could be dashed yet once again.

Please just give us our extra character slots, havent you punished us enough.

When the oceanic servers are merged into us servers I won't log in again. But I hope that never happens. I don't mind being forcibly moved to a pve server in the case of an oceanic merge, it's not like I leave the fleet. Latency is #1 for me.

I'm going to assume we're to be shut down with the launch of f2p and hope to be pleasantly surprised

I rolled a toon on the bastion and dalborra to keep my options open

While waiting for bioware to sort this out and from my experience I feel that As small a population as master D has the quality of the pvp is 1000 times better Players are more competitive

Right now master D has a population comparable to a 24man bf3 server most nights

And I understand that bioware wants to keep the pve rp and pvp servers open to allow us apac player choice

But honestly the Aus and Nz gaming community is too small and is already spread thin across multiple platforms

And there's just not enough people to support 3 servers

I'm not offering ultimatums and or else's but there is a dire need for

Bioware to understand that there's just not enough gamers in our region and to merge the servers or offer transfers

Or xrealm pvp pve queues would be a the best thing they can do for this community

Edited by denpic