Current game version does not match the server's.

JimmySole

Hello,

I started up SWTOR and it went through the reorganizing data function and now when I login and am on the main screen, it is showing a dialog box saying "Error: Your current game version does not match the server's, please restart the game. Follow the help center link below for more information". There is no link however, and when I hit the ok button and restart my game, it keeps showing this alert. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it seems there is a problem with the client update for tomorrow's downtime being released ahead of schedule. So the client has now updated but the server is still running on the older software. As such, I doubt anyone with this problem will be able to login until after the downtime tomorrow, at which point te client and server versions will match up again.

Yes, it seems there is a problem with the client update for tomorrow's downtime being released ahead of schedule. So the client has now updated but the server is still running on the older software. As such, I doubt anyone with this problem will be able to login until after the downtime tomorrow, at which point te client and server versions will match up again.

You can log in. Just hit play under one of your toons and not the 'ok' for the error message. Worked for me.

I have the same problem.

And yes, You can login if You ignore the message, but some things don't work properly. For example there's alert that Sana Rae has a question for You but the conversation does not have this option also travel to alert location does not work. So I guess it is probably safe to play only these characters that are doing core story, not KotFE.

Edited by Typhaos

I just want to know if it's safe to play tonight or if any progress will get rolled back come tomorrow. Sounds like some things with KotFE arent working right. Wife finally got logged in and it has her at the beginning of Chapter XV instead of close to the end where she logged earlier.

Just want to add to the list of folk posting on this thread as i'm also naturally having the same problem due to the patch being pushed out too early. I had no choice about the upgrade, it just applied. So now i cannot play tonight and who knows about tomorrow? after all it says august 11th for the odessen patch. So by my calcs, that should mean today and tomorrow that we can't play? or is the 11th of august date wrong on the launcher?

Now.. i subscribe, along with others, ... are we going to be compensated for the unprompted and enforced downtime due to what looks like a complete mix-up that is not caused by we.. the players?

Can we get an official response:

If I click play and play my character as normal, am I at risk of being banned / losing stuff? I just want to play the game, I didnt mean to update the dang thing. I mean, its neat to see the new pack opening stuff, but I didnt do this intentionally...

Am I safe to play, or what?