Too many similar abilities ingame

Reeny

Playing Sith Marauder and Jedi Knight now and find that there are way too many abilities which more or less do the same thing.

swtor should do some pruning.

Yeah no, I don't EVER want this game as dumbed down as GW2 with 3 abilities, sorry. Personally, I think the one good thing about these classes is that it has the right amount of abilities, that proc off each other when you do your rotation right.

Pruning wouldn't do anything about Marauders and Sentinels having similar abilities. By the way, they're not similar they do exactly the same things mechanically (different icons, different names, different animations but the same end result). Pruning would just mean Marauders and Sentinels (and all other mirror classes) still have the same abilities only fewer of them.

I am not in favor of pruning though. I don't think we need more abilities but I also don't believe we need less.

They have the same abilities because they're the same class

That's not what he meant. Generalized, mara abilities are basically all lightsaber slashes. If you look at the abilities individually, it seems like BW ran out of ideas and to fill the maras' quickbars, they gave them multiple copies of the same attack, each with a fancy name and its own cooldown.

Seen used in a rotation, the attacks float into each other to give the impression of a master swordsman in action. Compare that to a merc who uses a ton of different weapons that make for a flashy and diverse fighting style, but where it realistically makes little sense that attacks influence each other so you need to use them in a certain sequence.

Edited by Mubrak