Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

It's no fun to be constantly controlled

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
It's no fun to be constantly controlled

Beyrahl's Avatar


Beyrahl
05.28.2020 , 09:20 AM | #41
The game would be 10x more fun if movement abilities were no longer affected by slows.
50% or higher slows were nerfed to be under that amount.
Instant deaths and falling through the map have been at an all-time high due to the number of slows currently ingame including move speed increases. Desync is likely an unmanageable fix so at least starting with these things would make the feeling a lot better.

Resolve, I feel is fine the way it is. The cooldowns of stuns and mezzes being affected by alacrity? That I don't like, it's useful but not all CC is created equally. Force bound for example being currently the strongest form of CC ingame due to being an AoE Mezz into a major accuracy debuff for all damage types. Meaning you can at max do nothing as a DPS for 12 seconds, while they can take cooldown reduction from the utility on intimidating roar (force bound) then also have alacrity lower its cooldown. I think this is more so a force bound issue, but still, it's a great example of how strong it is to have such high uptime on something so strong.

Sepruzzo's Avatar


Sepruzzo
05.29.2020 , 04:21 PM | #42
You mean getting double bubble stunned (6 seconds total) and awe'd (another 6 seconds) full duration before getting white barred isn't fun??????

Insanity

Stuns should be removed from all reg matches. Stuns and mezzes are fine for ranked since it's part of the overall death match strategy, but in regs it's absurd how people use CC as crutches because they don't know how to kite or do damage.

Without CC, it'll show who can actually pvp and who can't.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
05.29.2020 , 04:53 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Sepruzzo View Post
Without CC, it'll show who can actually pvp and who can't.
LMAO this is the biggest 8head I have ever seen
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
05.29.2020 , 04:58 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Sepruzzo View Post
You mean getting double bubble stunned (6 seconds total) and awe'd (another 6 seconds) full duration before getting white barred isn't fun??????

Insanity

Stuns should be removed from all reg matches. Stuns and mezzes are fine for ranked since it's part of the overall death match strategy, but in regs it's absurd how people use CC as crutches because they don't know how to kite or do damage.

Without CC, it'll show who can actually pvp and who can't.
LOL. toughest talk i've read in awhile.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link
Wound in the force/The Bastion/Harbinger/SS

darkofblue's Avatar


darkofblue
05.30.2020 , 07:03 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Sepruzzo View Post
You mean getting double bubble stunned (6 seconds total) and awe'd (another 6 seconds) full duration before getting white barred isn't fun??????

Insanity

Stuns should be removed from all reg matches. Stuns and mezzes are fine for ranked since it's part of the overall death match strategy, but in regs it's absurd how people use CC as crutches because they don't know how to kite or do damage.

Without CC, it'll show who can actually pvp and who can't.
Welcome to pvp! Where you get ganged and stuns that happen for free!

What bothers me the most is Imps (not all) but these guys (2 juggs and a healer) do 46 kills in a game (I was the victim) and when grouped with us decide to do 16 kills and give away win...ok ok maybe having a bad game...

The goes to the nest game and they are doing 46 kills again , the best part...was watching these guys get spanked by a live streamer...I get small victories where I can!

Warrioroffhell's Avatar


Warrioroffhell
05.30.2020 , 07:41 AM | #46
This must be the biggest troll post in history of this game......
People whining about slowes affecting movement (sounds logically) and about cc's while whitebar is a thing everyone knows.

Big learn to play issue here , i advise most of these people complaining to relearn their classes and check whitebar system and other class cc's and immunity's.

edit : Btw most classes have cleanses for these slows, roots and others can cleanse u too , and don't start with yea but they don't cleanse others etc. This is a l2p issue
Burningyou and alts @ Darth Malgus

EnzoForMe's Avatar


EnzoForMe
05.30.2020 , 07:43 AM | #47
If you remove control from the game (stuns, mez, knockbacks, roots) you remove a lot of what makes team-based pvp in this game so interesting. Lining up the perfect control combo (1 player knocks the tank out of guard range, 2 chain a hard stun on the kill target, 1 mezzes the healer) and getting a kill is the most satisfying feeling in pvp, and is the result of teamwork and utilizing all the mechanics this game has to offer.

What you are essentially asking for is that control be taken out of pvp, leaving only output (damage, prot, heals) and defensive cooldowns. That would be near-identical to PVE, minus boss mechanics. If you like the idea of going in and doing your rotation without control from other players making you adapt and think on your feet, I highly suggest you make the switch to PVE instead.

Thing is, rotations in this game are easy. The buttons that you are supposed to press light up. PVP would be VERY mechanical and rotational without the player control. Sounds boring.
Caprica
#1 Team Ranked Sniper: Seasons 3 and 6
#1 Solo Ranked Gunslinger: Seasons 2, 8, and 10

Soljin's Avatar


Soljin
05.30.2020 , 09:23 AM | #48
Leave CC alone it adds a degree of strategy and timing to PvP... the problem is the lack of counter play for focus fire/burst and chain CC.

It's not CC that's a problem its that you cannot avoid it with skillful play...If someone wants to CC you it will happen (except once every two minutes and you will likely just get hit with the second CC they were setting up w/ the first).

Take one low CD ability from each class and add a 1 sec Invincibility frame (test and adjust the duration before implementing). This would allow for CC and Focus fire counter play all in one shot on abilities that are already in the game and designed for "escape".

When you add a short I-Frame to one short CD(12-15 secs) Escape ability for ever class...The I-Frame escape severely diminishes the excessive CC Problem.

At least this way if you are forced to use your long CD CC breaker you can use your I-frame escape ability after and dodge the second CC if you time it well.

Think of the Imperial Agent/Smuggler Dodge Roll ability but make it 100% chance within the I-Frame window (1 sec) instead of an RnG chance to dodge an incoming attack.
I want my SWG...
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
05.30.2020 , 09:44 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
Leave CC alone it adds a degree of strategy and timing to PvP... the problem is the lack of counter play for focus fire/burst and chain CC.

It's not CC that's a problem its that you cannot avoid it with skillful play...If someone wants to CC you it will happen (except once every two minutes and you will likely just get hit with the second CC they were setting up w/ the first).

Take one low CD ability from each class and add a 1 sec Invincibility frame (test and adjust the duration before implementing). This would allow for CC and Focus fire counter play all in one shot on abilities that are already in the game and designed for "escape".

When you add a short I-Frame to one short CD(12-15 secs) Escape ability for ever class...The I-Frame escape severely diminishes the excessive CC Problem.

At least this way if you are forced to use your long CD CC breaker you can use your I-frame escape ability after and dodge the second CC if you time it well.

Think of the Imperial Agent/Smuggler Dodge Roll ability but make it 100% chance within the I-Frame window (1 sec) instead of an RnG chance to dodge an incoming attack.
What the?

No.. itll turn into a question of who wasted the least amounts of CC by accident.
You really cant account for random 1 second cc immunities to not waste any.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

Soljin's Avatar


Soljin
05.30.2020 , 10:23 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
What the?

No.. itll turn into a question of who wasted the least amounts of CC by accident.
You really cant account for random 1 second cc immunities to not waste any.
Honestly I can't make sense of your response. It seems like you don't like the idea because you will no longer be able to guarantee a CC on your target due to the low CD immunity taking away your ability to track the opponents vulnerability easily.... Which is the point.

Feel free to clarify I may have misunderstood you.
I want my SWG...
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz