Leveling

hheines

So I've just started playing, (love the game) and I'm having a difficult time finding the levels at ~40-45. I started Voss as level 41 and really never did any of the late H4 quests or some other dinky sidequests on Hoth. Did I start Voss too early or is it simply I need some other levels before starting Voss? It's not that it's not accomplish-able for me on my smuggler, but i'm like running into level 46 quests on my level 43. I have feeling that I'll get even farther behind in the stages of quests. In a bit of a bind, what should I do?

Thanks!

You're not the first. Voss has some areas/missions that arent in line with the difficulties on other planets, in relation to the levels they are intended for. If everything fails try doing it as a healer, that's what i did on my underleveled/undergeared commando. Edited by Washingtoon

I mean it's not that the mobs are impossible to kill or anything like that. I'm just afraid there won't be enough quests on the planet to fill the void between my level and the mobs level without the mobs jumping up a level or so to the point the quests don't give enough exp. All said or done, I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem on their characters before. I can also pvp, kill mobs, or do space missions/flashpoints (gl group) but those tend to get boring ya know?

Anyways, thanks for the insight. It is greatly appreciated.

Edited by hheines

I've never found myself underlevelled, but I do read posts from people who have the problem. I'd say supplement your levelling by putting yourself in the groupfinder for a flashpoint. When the flashpoint is over, you can click the option to return to your previous location and just pick up questing where you left off.

Voss is a pretty big planet, but if you've made it there at level 41, you may have a tough time hitting 50 by the time you finish Ilum, and your class finisher on Corellia will be harder if you're level 48 rather than 50. It would probably be a good idea to supplement your experience point gain around now.

I had problems leveling with my smuggler because I kept stealthing past mobs. Killing those 30 bad guys on the way to the objective is a huge amount of XP, unless you supplement your story quests with alot of PvP or space missions make sure that you kill the baddies, even if you can sneak past.

I've been supplementing w/bonus missions, heroics and space missions with my scoundrel. I will stop to kill some enemies at least once, but then sneak past them when they respawn.

Especially on Taris. Sheesh. Rakghouls, pirates, and wild animals. Oh.... my.