Dantooine Conquest week nerfed?

Toraak

This is a horrible Idea to remove the Conquest objectives for doing Dantooine dailies, Dantooine Heroics, Taris Heroics, Balmorra Heroics.

Edit: also missing is the daily for winning 1 PvP match.

I get it that BW doesn't want people doing only Dantooine dailies to get conquest, however with how the daily points would be set up we'd get roughly 3300 per daily, and 625 for quest completion. So roughly 4k per quest for a total of (28k conquest from dailies). You would have needed to do other activities to complete the 50k regardless.

Edited by Toraak

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on this is a joke BW!

This is the Pirate Event, even with Rak or Gree you get some conquest for every day doing one daily!

You removed almost everything pertaining to Dantooine, excluding the one Weekly, rampage, & the Rep. (Which if you're capped on Reputation with them, you've screwed those people over from 10k conquest points; not to mention the auto use on points now.) *SMH*

Was hoping this week would be at least an easy conquest instead of the continual grind. :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by CaptRogue

This is a horrible Idea to remove the Conquest objectives for doing Dantooine dailies, Dantooine Heroics, Taris Heroics, Balmorra Heroics.

Edit: also missing is the daily for winning 1 PvP match.

I get it that BW doesn't want people doing only Dantooine dailies to get conquest, however with how the daily points would be set up we'd get roughly 3300 per daily, and 625 for quest completion. So roughly 4k per quest for a total of (28k conquest from dailies). You would have needed to do other activities to complete the 50k regardless.

I agree, the devs are a Group of totally incompetent guys, may be they have the Mission to bring the subscriptions to Zero.

Come on this is a joke BW!

This is the Pirate Event, even with Rak or Gree you get some conquest for every day doing one daily!

You removed almost everything pertaining to Dantooine, excluding the one Weekly, rampage, & the Rep. (Which if you're capped on Reputation with them, you've screwed those people over from 10k conquest points; not to mention the auto use on points now.) *SMH*

Was hoping this week would be at least an easy conquest instead of the continual grind. :mad::mad::mad:

Haven't done it yet, but can anyone who's maxed rep see if they got the 10k, afterall, the rep is now used when you get it, so technically, you should get the 10k, if you get all the rep stuff?

And on top of this, is a problem with a daily quest on Dantooine on republic site: [DAILY] Pirates. Again.

You are sitting in a defensetower and the enemy waves are making too much damage, the tower has not enough hp or he is making not much dmg. All abilities are on cooldowns when most damage comes.

The scaling in this quest is just flawed.

This is because Eric and his team are idiots who don't know the game. It is very different to see it from the outside, he knows nothing about conquest, nothing about PvE, or PvP, or goals or anything at all. He puts what his *** sings, without really experiencing the game. I think it is very stupid, on the part of the developers to remove the heroics of Balmorra and Taris. :mad::mad::mad:

These were known changes on PTS and mentioned in at least three different threads.

The most recent thread about conquest changes, in the PTS forum is here

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969186

If you read it, you'll find many people posting that the changes were good, or at least not bad.

And a few who felt otherwise.

Including myself.

And no, this is not one of the threads I created. There were a couple conquest specific ones by me in that forum as well.

These were known changes on PTS and mentioned in at least three different threads.

The most recent thread about conquest changes, in the PTS forum is here

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969186

If you read it, you'll find many people posting that the changes were good, or at least not bad.

And a few who felt otherwise.

Including myself.

And no, this is not one of the threads I created. There were a couple conquest specific ones by me in that forum as well.

That other thread was also based on objectives being basically the same. When I looked at it I only noticed 1 conquest objective changing. The removal of Galactic rampage. All other stuff was multiplied so I saw no issues. This however is the removal of 4 major objectives that have always been in this particular week of conquest.

1) Being an EVENT week, removing the Dantooine dailies/heroics makes no sense.

2) There are Taris, and Balmorra Rampages still but no heroics available.

There was no reason to remove any of what was listed in the 1st place, unless BW is simply trying to annoy people who happen to enjoy conquest from doing Solo activities. I know I could still get 5-10 characters done this week if I wanted to by doing other conquest objectives, but I should still have those Solo options if I want them (and I sure as heck do). For myself I've decided to take the week off of conquest, and just do parts of the game I actually enjoy this week. Guess I'll be queu'ing for GSF every night for a change, whatever conquest I get will be a bonus.

And on top of this, is a problem with a daily quest on Dantooine on republic site: [DAILY] Pirates. Again.

You are sitting in a defensetower and the enemy waves are making too much damage, the tower has not enough hp or he is making not much dmg. All abilities are on cooldowns when most damage comes.

The scaling in this quest is just flawed.

It's impossible to do I mean I'm 100% on the event but this is extreme they have no clue on what they are doing.

That other thread was also based on objectives being basically the same. When I looked at it I only noticed 1 conquest objective changing. The removal of Galactic rampage. All other stuff was multiplied so I saw no issues. This however is the removal of 4 major objectives that have always been in this particular week of conquest.

1) Being an EVENT week, removing the Dantooine dailies/heroics makes no sense.

2) There are Taris, and Balmorra Rampages still but no heroics available.

There was no reason to remove any of what was listed in the 1st place, unless BW is simply trying to annoy people who happen to enjoy conquest from doing Solo activities. I know I could still get 5-10 characters done this week if I wanted to by doing other conquest objectives, but I should still have those Solo options if I want them (and I sure as heck do). For myself I've decided to take the week off of conquest, and just do parts of the game I actually enjoy this week. Guess I'll be queu'ing for GSF every night for a change, whatever conquest I get will be a bonus.

This link is where I specifically mentioned that the infinite Taris/Balmorra missions were taken away. I didn't specifically look at the Dantooine missions as I don't generally run them...but if you're looking for a date to reference, that thread is it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=968289

And yes, that's also the patch where they took away Galactic Rampage.

Alas, and I believe rightfully so, at the time the focus was on fixing the loot/gearing issues.

There just wasn't enough time on PTS to complain loud enough and long enough for them to look at it before it went live as part of 6.0

Yeah, I want that hour of my life back! You CAN'T win! As stated previously, you might as well not have any HP while operating the turret . The most I was able to get in attempt was 26 enemies before I was hosed. This is BS.

But on the upside, I got all 3 of my rampages done on Pirates. Again. alone.

Edited by Corana_Sectre
typo

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I just want to make sure I am capturing what you are reporting correctly. Numerous Conquest Objectives from pre-Onslaught are no longer there including Dantooine Dailies, Dantooine Heroics, and Taris and Balmorra Heroics.

Separately, the turret Mission's balance is out of whack.

Is there anything not listed above that you feel changed? If so, please be specific, otherwise consider these passed on to the team and I will let you know of any further info I receive.

-eric

Yeah, I want that hour of my life back! You CAN'T win! As stated previously, you might as well not have any HP while operating the turret . The most I was able to get in attempt was 26 enemies before I was hosed. This is BS.

But on the upside, I got all 3 of my rampages done on Pirates. Again. alone.

Level 70 lock for 95% of all the endgame content was the worst thing Biow did, but it seems that even things on planets are affected in the same manner - that is with insane and extremely unbalanced downgrade on stats - we tried doing ossus wbs for conquest objective - full 24 people group of experienced players and both bosses wiped the floor with us as if we were naked. And the same unbalanced downgrade//stat cap on power+master+endurance stats in any content lower than 75lvl is making repside turret dantooine daily mission 100% impossible to complete.

And what the hell was the reason for removing *dantooine daily mission* objective from the Dantooine event conquest week when its THE absolute integral part of the whole week. did musco+co. just decide: lets mess with players for no reason because we can? i was looking forward to this week for more relaxed conquests and finishind my reputation at the same time - imagine me when i saw the current nerfed cq objective list. MAKES 0 SENSE. id like some response from the DEVs about who though this would make sense: dantooine event, dantooine conquest and no dantooine daily objectives.

Edited by Darittha

Hey folks,

I just want to make sure I am capturing what you are reporting correctly. Numerous Conquest Objectives from pre-Onslaught are no longer there including Dantooine Dailies, Dantooine Heroics, and Taris and Balmorra Heroics.

Is there anything not listed above that you feel changed? If so, please be specific, otherwise consider these passed on to the team and I will let you know of any further info I receive.

-eric

Exactly as u said.

Hey folks,

-eric

Turret mission is a lot worse, but it is possible. It's gone from just pressing the "1" key until completed to something that really requires use of missiles and shields at the right times. Does need some tuning, but it was probably way too simple previously.

The other problem I had was with the H2+ Shiny New Toy. I used to be able to solo this, and was still able to do so up until the walker. "Shock and Awe" is a 100% kill if you don't move out of the red, I used to get around this with companions by using a ranged companion and not moving near them, so they'd stay put.

Today, they would randomly decide to teleport to me next to the walker, even though I was well in range of their heals, so I don't know if this is something that was put in to try and fix some of the companion problems in late 5.0 or what. (maybe 20-25m away plus any sort of server lag means an instant jump?)

But in this case, this is an H2, meaning at worst I should be able to duo with companions, and companions plus a death circle means I need to be able to reliably keep companions at a known location.

the crazy thing on ossus is my 140k HP tank is now the same level as dps for that planet. went from 140k hp to around 107k in hp, not going to even try to tank those bosses anymore. You should raise it like onderson to level 75 with bolster same for dantooine.

[...]

Conquest Goals

• ADDED
    • Loyalist sweep/Sabotuer Spy games, for both Taris / Balmorra

[*]REMOVED

• Dantooine: Reputation
    • Balmorra: Heroic Missions (daily)
    • Daily Missions: The Black Hole (infinite)
    • Dantooine: Daily Missions (daily)
    • Dantooine Heroic Missions (daily)
    • Taris: Heroic Missions (daily)
    • Ziost: Daily Missions (daily)

PS still nothing for crafters in this conquest except the spam goal "Inventor"

Edited by Void_Singer

Conquest Goals

• ADDED
    • Loyalist sweep/Sabotuer Spy games, for both Taris / Balmorra

[*]REMOVED

• Dantooine: Reputation
    • Balmorra: Heroic Missions (Infinite)
    • Daily Missions: The Black Hole (infinite)
    • Dantooine: Daily Missions (Infinite)
    • Dantooine Heroic Missions (Infinite)
    • Taris: Heroic Missions (Infinite)
    • Ziost: Daily Missions (Infinite I believe)

PS still nothing for crafters in this conquest except the spam goal "Inventor"

I fixed some of those for you. You had daily on some that had been infinite.

Edited by Toraak

Copied from my post on just about everything being way I’ve never filled so many bug reports and customer service tickets ever in my entire time of playing since beta testing.

Other players are constantly bickering about this

All content including the Pirate event “Turret mission’, are way too overtuned.

Outrageous repair bills are making me and other players broke. This is not sustainable.

Veteran and master mode missions are impossible to complete.

In general most everything is too difficult.

This is a serious problem that needs addressed immediately. DEVS PLEASE CHIME IN!!!

Not a single word from any developers as of yet.

I am going to keep on posting about this issue until we get some solid answers.

It’s become rediculous to everyone I’ve talked to and no one wants to do certain content now due to the outrageous repair bills from repeatedly dying over and over.

Companions are getting one shorted by normal mobs, etc.

This makes the game not fun to play, and quite frankly, extremely maddening to say the least.

I know for a fact that I am not the only one that feels this way.

A fix is needed ASAP, or you are going to lose more players than you are gaining.