Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I think flaw in all think how you guys want romance from companion char.

first all companion are unqiue to they class. second they like human have they own like and dislike. It also unfair on those us that play same gender them have raise affection really high and don't want sgr. Third this isn't how bioware work or mmo work first take while to squash bugs out the game. then they new end content. all time they work the next expansion. also if or dur this the add new companion char that include same gender romance

i do have few suggest of race from companion

from example from smuggler who we all know ladies pleaser how about Zelton female companion this char could sgr. from bounty hunter a fallen male or female companion

here way look companion char from you people

if human player is unque there a companion should unque

Edited by SavageElf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, is it just me or are some [Flirt] tags missing? My character (whom I made as gay) ended up having sex with a female because of a response that didn't appear in any way as romantic and was not appropriately tagged as [Flirt]. I even deleted my character because of this. :mad:

I haven't encountered anything like that (though, I play female toons who tend to get less [flirt] opportunities in general).

That really sucks, though.

You couldn't Esc out of the convo in time?

I haven't encountered anything like that (though, I play female toons who tend to get less [flirt] opportunities in general).

You should be able to but yes, there are some unmarked [Flirt]s, from what I've read. A few people have mentioned them now.

Deleting the character seems a little... extreme, but it certainly shows how much dissatisfaction is involved in that particular case, I guess.

I haven't run into any non-labeled flirty things yet. Or if I have, they weren't terribly obviously flirtatious. Certainly no "surprise, sexy time!" encounters. Course, I have my finger on the esc key during all dialogue, cause I love backing out and trying the various options. There are some really funny lines hidden here and there. :jawa_smile:

I ran into what I think is a bug with Tharan Cedrax. One day, I noticed he wanted to talk to me. So I took him to the cantina and initiated the conversation.

Apparently he wanted to talk to me about "our relationship", and how he couldn't continue it any more.

The main problem with that is that I never actually flirted with him. Never initiated the "quasi-romance" you can have with him. I was very careful in how I spoke to him in order to avoid it.

I sent in a bug report, got a vague answer from the rep who replied, and haven't heard anything since. Tharan still wants to end our "relationship".

Edited by Zandilar

Sadly no, I couldn't. Before I knew my very much gay Sith Inquisitor was having some unwilling sexy time with that Rylee Dray (I hate this character so much now). All I wanted was to be friendly (was aiming for a neutral/light side sith) but that was a bit too friendly alright! :mad:

I ran into what I think is a bug with Tharan Cedrax. One day, I noticed he wanted to talk to me. So I took him to the cantina and initiated the conversation.

Apparently he wanted to talk to me about "our relationship", and how he couldn't continue it any more.

The main problem with that is that I never actually flirted with him. Never initiated the "quasi-romance" you can have with him. I was very careful in how I spoke to him in order to avoid it.

I sent in a bug report, got a vague answer from the rep who replied, and haven't heard anything since. Tharan still wants to end our "relationship".

I had that same thing, and actually posted a whole other thread about it in the Consular forum! We came to the decision that he's just a guy who assumes you're in a relationship with him, even if you're incredibly non-romantic with him.

I had that same thing, and actually posted a whole other thread about it in the Consular forum! We came to the decision that he's just a guy who assumes you're in a relationship with him, even if you're incredibly non-romantic with him.

Well, he IS a pretty arrogant guy... maybe he just assumes any woman who gets near him won't be able to resist his roguish charms. :jawa_wink:

Plus Holiday constantly gushing all over him probably doesn't do anything to deflate his ego!

Edited by LyriaFrost

All that silence regarding this topic makes me kinda mad by now. If there won't be any form of update on this topic soon, I might stop my subscription. As it is, the announcement of homosexual relationships was one of the reasons I even came to buy this game.

I do think we have finally gotten the idea across that some people might appreciate an update. Hard to guess whether they will field the question tomorrow or not but if they don't, Customer Service has as much as told us to continue to ask in the Q&A thread. We'll see. On the first page of this thread is a little more info I got out of CS this week. It's not a lot, but it is something.

On a side note, is it just me or are some [Flirt] tags missing? My character (whom I made as gay) ended up having sex with a female because of a response that didn't appear in any way as romantic and was not appropriately tagged as [Flirt]. I even deleted my character because of this. :mad:

So far I have managed to avoid it because any time any female NPC says something even faintly flirtatious to my Smuggler, he cuts her cold with the snarkiest reply available. Corso just loves that. :rolleyes:

Hm... well it kind of came out of left field. Oh well, I'll go through the conversation then, as neutrally as I can... I wish there was a "huh? what are you on about?" response... because without it, it just looks like a bug. (I am pretty sure the rep said that other people have reported it too, and that it was being looked into... :confused:)

Edited by Zandilar

Incidentally - and reduntantly for anyone familiar with a calendar - tomorrow is Friday, meaning this week's Community Q&A Blog Post. Here's hoping for an update, and a substantive one. If past experience is any indication, it may be the last we hear about this before same-gender content is implemented. :rolleyes:

That said, if we are not answered this week, my fingers are already all limbered up to post in next week's thread. Well, I will post in any case - but without an answer tomorrow, this will once again be my question.

Incidentally - and reduntantly for anyone familiar with a calendar - tomorrow is Friday, meaning this week's Community Q&A Blog Post. Here's hoping for an update, and a substantive one. If past experience is any indication, it may be the last we hear about this before same-gender content is implemented. :rolleyes:

That said, if we are not answered this week, my fingers are already all limbered up to post in next week's thread. Well, I will post in any case - but without an answer tomorrow, this will once again be my question.

I'm debating drawing a little sad, crying Blizz to post if they don't answer the Q&A stuff we submitted. :jawa_redface:

And if at some point they let us customize our ships a bit, with little doodads here and there, I'd want a Blizz plushy sitting on the console on the bridge. Or sitting on my pillow on my bed.

I'd want that thing hanging from my ship's rearview mirror. No, wait. I would install a rearview mirror on my ship just to hang the Blizz plushie from it. :D

Yeah, thinking much the same thing. This being the third week, I'm prepared to be disappointed again, but all that really means is that I'll be heading right over to the new Q&A thread to post the same SGR question again. It won't really change anything. And things could be a lot worse than having our options be "status quo" or "new information".

Even if the status is not quo.

As far as a Friday update saying that SGRAs are a go...not going to hold my breath. I just don't see it happening, much as I might like it to. Yeah, 'glass half empty' and all that.

As for 'new' companions for SGRA - has anyone put forth the prospect of Syreena for smugglers? Even if the smuggler...ah...ended the conversation in a rather brutal manner, there are ways to explain that away, and she seems to me to be of the perfect mind for such a 'hookup'. Just something I'd like to see.

I'll cross my fingers for the folks waiting for this. Same gender romances probably won't be something I avail myself of, but I'd be very pleased and proud to see the developers of my favorite game ensure that everyone get the same considerations. Flirts for all <3

I've been lurking this topic forever as my Female Bounty Hunter has been pining for Mako's love for a long time. Having faced hardships, death, and vengeance together we have a special connection and I can't wait to eventually explore that.

:o

Mako's such a cutie. My BH gave her tacit agreement for Mako and Torian to start their fling, though in the back of her mind she's waiting for it to blow up and Mako to come running back to her to seek solace in her arms...

:jawa_angel:

Edited by LyriaFrost

Mako's such a cutie. My BH gave her tacit agreement for Mako and Torian to start their fling, though in the back of her mind she's waiting for it to blow up and Mako to come running back to her to seek solace in her arms...

:jawa_angel:

I've got a BH character I started in beta (which got wiped at launch). I've been working on her character in my head but I really really want to play her as she's intended (and was intended before I started the game at all - thus before I knew Mako existed). If she can't be properly bi, and heavily Mako-sexual, I'm going to put off her playthrough.

She's sitting as a placeholder on the server which hosts most of my Empire characters, Kath Hound. Waiting for Bioware to let her be herself...

:jawa_frown:

I've got a BH character I started in beta (which got wiped at launch). I've been working on her character in my head but I really really want to play her as she's intended (and was intended before I started the game at all - thus before I knew Mako existed). If she can't be properly bi, and heavily Mako-sexual, I'm going to put off her playthrough.

She's sitting as a placeholder on the server which hosts most of my Empire characters, Kath Hound. Waiting for Bioware to let her be herself...

:jawa_frown:

I just assume my BH is having random flings here and there off-camera, while waiting for Mako to get over this silly "I'm straight, whee!" kick she's on and accept that her true feelings lie in the direction of a certain sexy chiss woman in heavy armor... :jawa_smile: