the secrets of the dark star (sith inquisitor class story)

magicallypuzzled

as this is the spoiler forum i am going to be posting spoilers and will not be tagging them. so if you don't want to be spoiled stop reading now,

i got to say i loved this quest so much first of all the introduction to the quest did so much to make me actually feel like a dark council member. the darkened out portion where role players can fill in the blanks made the briefing of dark council business feel like it was well how ever long or short your role playing wants it to be. and while i doubt the choices it gave you will actually effect your story going forward it was great to have that illusion if you will of making a lasting impact. Further more the info on just what became of the silencer tech is timely and needed.

the actual quest itself wasn't very hard (frankly it was very, very easy) but i felt it was interesting and rather liked the idea that i was gaining life span from it. while i did agree with talos to an extent that this just wasn't the time to be pursuing it my sith will definitely come back to this research eventually to discover the secret to eternal life it is inevitable i am a sith after all.

personally if the cutscene less side plots are the price we have to pay for even more class story even just a single quest like we got this time i am more than willing to pay it.

Edited by magicallypuzzled

Agreed, the cutscene invoked the feeling of being an administrator very well. Too often you get the feeling that Darth Imperius / Nox / Whatevris remains a frontline grunt / runboy at heart. Pyron's briefing and the meeting with one of your subordinates (whom you've never even heard of) really made me feel like the ruler of trillions and head of a vast bureaucracy that any Dark Councillor really is.

The quest itself was a bit ... odd. I suppose that's in part because I never really managed to wrap my head around the SInq's Belsavis storyline. My sorc is a light-sider and a father to his men, so I stayed away from further research. I'm a bit wary as to the actual benevolence of the Mother's blessing.

Agreed, the cutscene invoked the feeling of being an administrator very well. Too often you get the feeling that Darth Imperius / Nox / Whatevris remains a frontline grunt / runboy at heart. Pyron's briefing and the meeting with one of your subordinates (whom you've never even heard of) really made me feel like the ruler of trillions and head of a vast bureaucracy that any Dark Councillor really is.

The quest itself was a bit ... odd. I suppose that's in part because I never really managed to wrap my head around the SInq's Belsavis storyline. My sorc is a light-sider and a father to his men, so I stayed away from further research. I'm a bit wary as to the actual benevolence of the Mother's blessing.

On the other hand, the game has Talos spend so much time pointing out how this is pretty much too good to be true that it would come across as a twist that there are really no strings attached*

*Though probably some sort of ulterior motive such as foreseeing that you will be the one to stop threat X which will only appear long after your naturally allotted life span.

I agree. It felt good to feel like the boss. And I liked the whole MOAR lifespan thing. My sorc approached it rather differently though. She balked at Talos for even suggesting that she not invest in immortality, then gave him a good shock :)

Nox in Episode VII -- confirmed :D

Fixed ;)