Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard / Powertech Officially Broken!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Vanguard / Powertech Officially Broken!!!

WayOfTheWarriorx
02.03.2018 , 06:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinsal View Post
You came to that conclusion of a game mode that less than 1% of the population play and that more an indication of heals and guard then PT awesomeness. By that same logic sniper and merc or any class should never been buffed or nerfed. I played PT since the days of the Carolina parakeet spec and it in the worst shape it been due to the DCD race in which it was left behind as I quite possibly think the current devs think that pt is a sub spec of merc
Just go skank tank PT, like everyone else. They're tough as hell.
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."

TalonVII
02.04.2018 , 10:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Just go skank tank PT, like everyone else. They're tough as hell.
And know what this shows. Tanking is completely BROKEN if the answer is "sank tank'. Fun fact. It can't even skank as well as the other two tanking classes.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

ufarax
02.04.2018 , 10:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyJedi View Post
At this time Vanguards and Powertech are unplayable. Adrenaline Rush is a total joke, you have to WAIT until you are below 35%> then it only takes you up to 35% = or > less and within a minute, while and Sith or Jedi is stunning you back to back then crediting you 3 times for 45K within 10 seconds.

DPS is half of Commando/Merc, Shadow/Assin (unless starphase lying), Shields only do 25% of damage (down form 75% from ‎Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor, Commando, Mercs). I haven't seen shield's do any damage reduction especially in PvP.

Number One major problem in PVP is back to back to back Stuns. The leap or Storm ability only work 65% of the time. The resolve bar DOES NOT GO HIGHER THAN 75%! Harpoon only work 55% of the time in Warzone
You bring a PT or VG into ranked PvP you number 1 target and dead with 5 to 10 seconds of the match starting.
Vanguard takes more than 90 seconds for the power cell to generate, PT 90 seconds for cool down, which take Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor <5 seconds.
One stun is 4 Seconds and others stun is 2 seconds (nothing more than glorified interrupts) While other melee toons have up to 3 stuns for 8 seconds.

Why Vanguards and PTs have range weapons and they are melee class?

You do this game a great disservice, and discredit by playing favoritism, nerfing and the lack of abilities.

Blame the smallest percentage of the player community. PVP players are like seagulls, they fly in, crap all over everything......then leave. The developers continue to cater to this small faction.

https://braxwolf.com/2015/02/10/game...ts-play-style/

DDaMAGEr
02.04.2018 , 04:09 PM | #14
In PvE Vanguard/Powertech is totally fine, in both Tank & DPS role.
In PvP you'll die anyway in the most ideal case it will be 50/50 kills/deaths. Thus PvP's toxic, and if you got bad nerves better just don't play it. Especially now, when there're lots of ways to earn unassembleds.

DirtyJedi
02.06.2018 , 11:57 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
Blame the smallest percentage of the player community. PVP players are like seagulls, they fly in, crap all over everything......then leave. The developers continue to cater to this small faction.

https://braxwolf.com/2015/02/10/game...ts-play-style/
I'm sorry, did I offend you? Clearly, you池e afraid that SWTOR might give another class little bit more DPS upset your Sith Assassin. Make this clear to you! I play all the classes in all operations Flashpoints Chapters, rank/unranked WZ, dailies and weeklies. 75% of us that truly play the game, have played or/are playing all the classes, and spend the most money!

I知 not talking about make one better than rest of them. I知 saying of all the classes this is the weakest one. Last 6 years I heard nothing but the Jedi whine or the Sith cry about Vanguard's or PT/s can out DPS or OP over their Sith Assassin or the Jedi Shadow.

Got love F2P kids fake news websites.

TalonVII
02.06.2018 , 12:04 PM | #16
I'm sorry, did I offend you? Clearly, you池e afraid that SWTOR might give another class little bit more DPS upset your Sith Assassin. Make this clear to you! I play all the classes in all operations Flashpoints Chapters, rank/unranked WZ, dailies and weeklies. 75% of us that truly play the game, have played or/are playing all the classes, and spend the most money!

I知 not talking about make one better than rest of them. I知 saying of all the classes this is the weakest one. Last 6 years I heard nothing but the Jedi whine or the Sith cry about Vanguard's or PT/s can out DPS or OP over their Sith Assassin or the Jedi Shadow.

If anything most of the sith and jedi look at a PT/VG and simply go "oh how cute. Die now."
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

DDaMAGEr
02.06.2018 , 01:15 PM | #17
I知 saying of all the classes this is the weakest one.
Ragequitter, that leaves OP after 1-st wipe is the weakest & most useless class in the game. Any other 1, including VG/PT is in a huge break stronger than decliner.

Especially since Tanks & Healers're in a short supply, and VG can Tank or DwT (and've 30m attack while tanking), that all makes VG definitely worth to play & far from weak.

ufarax
02.06.2018 , 02:21 PM | #18

What I am afraid of are the PVP crybabies. Every MMO has them, and developers cater to them. My motto is this.."it''s not the spec, it's what between the ears". If your character stinks, guess who's fault it is....look in the mirror.

TalonVII
02.06.2018 , 02:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DDaMAGEr View Post
Ragequitter, that leaves OP after 1-st wipe is the weakest & most useless class in the game. Any other 1, including VG/PT is in a huge break stronger than decliner.

Especially since Tanks & Healers're in a short supply, and VG can Tank or DwT (and've 30m attack while tanking), that all makes VG definitely worth to play & far from weak.
There are so few abilities that fire from 30m, may as well be shooting a squirt gun as you're costing yourself most of the DPS.

Have at 30m:
Hammer shot
Off of Pyro you can spam Incendiary Missile
On AP you can use Thermal Detonator
Oh and explosive fuel only gives 20 meters when taking the legendary skill pressure overrides.

So 3 abilities, two of them on different disciplines that can be used at 30m. Really, lot of damage you're going to do there champ
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Cherepk
02.06.2018 , 04:11 PM | #20
I love my vanguard/pt but i had to tank.