Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard / Powertech Officially Broken!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Vanguard / Powertech Officially Broken!!!

DirtyJedi
01.31.2018 , 07:00 PM | #1
At this time Vanguards and Powertech are unplayable. Adrenaline Rush is a total joke, you have to WAIT until you are below 35%> then it only takes you up to 35% = or > less and within a minute, while and Sith or Jedi is stunning you back to back then crediting you 3 times for 45K within 10 seconds.

DPS is half of Commando/Merc, Shadow/Assin (unless starphase lying), Shields only do 25% of damage (down form 75% from ‎Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor, Commando, Mercs). I haven't seen shield's do any damage reduction especially in PvP.

Number One major problem in PVP is back to back to back Stuns. The leap or Storm ability only work 65% of the time. The resolve bar DOES NOT GO HIGHER THAN 75%! Harpoon only work 55% of the time in Warzone
You bring a PT or VG into ranked PvP you number 1 target and dead with 5 to 10 seconds of the match starting.
Vanguard takes more than 90 seconds for the power cell to generate, PT 90 seconds for cool down, which take Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor <5 seconds.
One stun is 4 Seconds and others stun is 2 seconds (nothing more than glorified interrupts) While other melee toons have up to 3 stuns for 8 seconds.

Why Vanguards and PTs have range weapons and they are melee class?

You do this game a great disservice, and discredit by playing favoritism, nerfing and the lack of abilities.

TalonVII
01.31.2018 , 07:46 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyJedi View Post
At this time Vanguards and Powertech are unplayable. Adrenaline Rush is a total joke, you have to WAIT until you are below 35%> then it only takes you up to 35% = or > less and within a minute, while and Sith or Jedi is stunning you back to back then crediting you 3 times for 45K within 10 seconds.

DPS is half of Commando/Merc, Shadow/Assin (unless starphase lying), Shields only do 25% of damage (down form 75% from ‎Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor, Commando, Mercs). I haven't seen shield's do any damage reduction especially in PvP.

Number One major problem in PVP is back to back to back Stuns. The leap or Storm ability only work 65% of the time. The resolve bar DOES NOT GO HIGHER THAN 75%! Harpoon only work 55% of the time in Warzone
You bring a PT or VG into ranked PvP you number 1 target and dead with 5 to 10 seconds of the match starting.
Vanguard takes more than 90 seconds for the power cell to generate, PT 90 seconds for cool down, which take Jedi Knight, ‎Jedi Consular, ‎Sith Warrior, ‎Sith Inquisitor <5 seconds.
One stun is 4 Seconds and others stun is 2 seconds (nothing more than glorified interrupts) While other melee toons have up to 3 stuns for 8 seconds.

You do this game a great disservice, and discredit by playing favoritism, nerfing and the lack of abilities.

Once upon a time VG/PT had something called range. Too many people thought a ranged tank was somehow OP and we got stomped into melee range.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Bonzenaattori
01.31.2018 , 08:45 PM | #3
Yeah ranged tank was so op.

When everyone was skank tanking pre 3.0 tactics because shield spec was complete garbage.
Non-existent meta leads to the weakest class by concept and by performance to get nerfed. Kappa

Equeliber
02.01.2018 , 05:02 AM | #4
Oh my god... What does this even mean?
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

omaan
02.01.2018 , 05:20 AM | #5

On the other side, on 2k rating + everyone is playing with ap pt which is not dying under guard, and melts tanks like butter under the sun.... carbo+ aoe may rip the whole enemie team. So the things are complicated... if devs will buff pt more- team ranked will be FULL of pts

TalonVII
02.01.2018 , 09:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
On the other side, on 2k rating + everyone is playing with ap pt which is not dying under guard, and melts tanks like butter under the sun.... carbo+ aoe may rip the whole enemie team. So the things are complicated... if devs will buff pt more- team ranked will be FULL of pts
Oh come on, devs have been making FOTM changes since the beginning. What else is new? And I don't want PT/VG to be the next flood, I'd just like them to be as good as the other two tank classes.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

jomfalcona
02.01.2018 , 10:55 PM | #7
OP makes a lot of good points. I don't go into ranked for those reasons. Regs are great with heals though. My tactics vanguard had top dps and protection in 2 wzs tonight. But I have been on the other side of heal imbalances and premades a million times. I found tactics vanguard easy to learn but tough to master. Some tips for PVP regs that could help you:

- Get used to alternating between shoulder cannon and attacks. It's like you don't have the global cd.
- use the utility that increases the range of cell burst, railshot, flak shell, and artillery blitz to 30m while your battle focus is on. This is crucial to getting more dps when your teammates are wearing toilet paper armor and getting mowed down. Also, spend a utility point to increase Hold the Line speed by 45%
- if your team sucks, try to fight on the edges of a battle instead of charging into the middle. Especially if you have no heals. Otherwise you die in about 5 seconds. Sorry but it sucks haha.
- Save hold the line for when you need to haul ***** out of a battle. I found that your aoe stun + HtL works well to escape bad situations.
- Use gut on stealthers early in the fight. It's DoT will cancel their escape spells early.

Hope some of these help in regs. I don't know how to beast ranked. Vanguard has deep flaws but I really enjoy the burst and believe it's worth the headache .

omaan
02.02.2018 , 04:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Oh come on, devs have been making FOTM changes since the beginning. What else is new? And I don't want PT/VG to be the next flood, I'd just like them to be as good as the other two tank classes.
We actually talking about dps specs but ok. I always was for buffing pts defense as you saw in my threads but lately i changed my mind a bit because i raised to 1800 rating in tr. Playing against ap pt in tr is pretty a hell because they are not dying. This new buff with damage reduce on crit works pretty nice, and while it's on and pt has guard on him there is nothing to worrie about. Besides, dps pt is the only one dps spec which didnt receive any nerfs to dps, and it has taunts which allow ap pt to reduce damage pressure on his arena partners. I saw teams like ap pt/snipers or maras ripping apart everyone pretty easy.

Pt tank is already dominating it tr. Any buffs will make it more than fotm.

Balance in swtor is strange. One spec can fully dominate in tr but completely suck in sr/regs and vise-versa, and pt is a perfect example of this

Kinsal
02.02.2018 , 05:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
We actually talking about dps specs but ok. I always was for buffing pts defense as you saw in my threads but lately i changed my mind a bit because i raised to 1800 rating in tr. Playing against ap pt in tr is pretty a hell because they are not dying. This new buff with damage reduce on crit works pretty nice, and while it's on and pt has guard on him there is nothing to worrie about. Besides, dps pt is the only one dps spec which didnt receive any nerfs to dps, and it has taunts which allow ap pt to reduce damage pressure on his arena partners. I saw teams like ap pt/snipers or maras ripping apart everyone pretty easy.

Pt tank is already dominating it tr. Any buffs will make it more than fotm.

Balance in swtor is strange. One spec can fully dominate in tr but completely suck in sr/regs and vise-versa, and pt is a perfect example of this
You came to that conclusion of a game mode that less than 1% of the population play and that more an indication of heals and guard then PT awesomeness. By that same logic sniper and merc or any class should never been buffed or nerfed. I played PT since the days of the Carolina parakeet spec and it in the worst shape it been due to the DCD race in which it was left behind as I quite possibly think the current devs think that pt is a sub spec of merc

LordTurin
02.02.2018 , 06:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
Oh my god... What does this even mean?
I'm not even sure, but basically everything op said except bad defensives is false so...
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB