Can you mail cross-faction?

PantheraMorag

So, I want an armormech alt to be able to get the gear looks I want for my main (who's going cybertech), but I would really like to know if I have to make an empire alt to go with my empire main, or if I can mail things from republic to empire.

Anyone tried?

I haven't been able to test it live today (have to work until 5:00), but you could not email items cross-faction in Beta, and I'm assuming that's still going to hold true now that we're live.

You cant mail cross faction, I'm afraid.

Atleast you could not do that during beta.

Makes me wonder why though, considering thoose couple of Sniper Rifles my Smuggler recieved as loot, would only be usable by an Imperial Agent Sniper.

Ofcourse, it was beta...

Noo! That makes everything a lot more difficult..

Now I need to figure out alts for professions on both sides then. The only other empire class I want to play is SI and I can't have armormech on her. :(

I've already settled that I'm going to keep all my Empire characters on one server and my Republic characters on another. More room for alts, and since they can't email back and forth, there's no clear advantage to me in keeping them on the same server anyway.

I've already settled that I'm going to keep all my Empire characters on one server and my Republic characters on another. More room for alts, and since they can't email back and forth, there's no clear advantage to me in keeping them on the same server anyway.

I wanted to have all chars on the same server to play with friends, but I might have to think about two servers. I'm a bit too fond of professions to lock myself by using up my spots without having all professions..

Do not want to switch my main profession as I really wanted the grenades, but I guess I must think about switching my IA to armormech and roll a BH for cybertech..

I wanted to have all chars on the same server to play with friends, but I might have to think about two servers. I'm a bit too fond of professions to lock myself by using up my spots without having all professions..

Do not want to switch my main profession as I really wanted the grenades, but I guess I must think about switching my IA to armormech and roll a BH for cybertech..

Yeah, I realize using two servers isn't an ideal solution for everyone.

I'm also hoping they've cleaned up some of the glitches that were still there in Beta. For example, my Sith Inquisitor Synthweaver got a rare recipe for an armor piece that was only usable by Jedi. Great armor that she'd never be able to use, and never even be able to trade or sell to anyone who could use it. All I could do was vendor it. That was a bummer.

But stuff like that was to be expected in Beta. I'm sure not all the bugs are out, but the game's in awfully good shape for release.

You cant mail cross faction, I'm afraid.

Atleast you could not do that during beta.

Makes me wonder why though, considering thoose couple of Sniper Rifles my Smuggler recieved as loot, would only be usable by an Imperial Agent Sniper.

Ofcourse, it was beta...

You will get a companion who could use them (if you are a smuggler).

There are "Black Market" GTN's on a couple of planets that are faction-independent, and from what I've read, that's the only cross-faction item transfer medium available.

So, in theory, you could post the item you want to move for an outrageous price, then log to your other faction character and go buy it, since it's all your own money anyway. The GTN fee, of course, might hurt, depending on the value of the item... :rolleyes:

You won't get the legacy system perks from having all ur toons from both sides on one server. Probably the only drawback :(