why not aim as stat

prfsnape

why would the main stats for a gunner that use gun need cunning and endurance?

why isn't aim is as a stat u need sence u use range weapons my lvl 20 gunner is like miss lot of times since i can't find armor with aim in it .

help explain this to me it make gunner useless

Aim is only yhe name of the stats, it wont affect you accuracy at all.

The stat you are looking for is Accuracy rating, Accuracy ratin increase...your accuracy lol

Your main stat as a gunslinger is cunning,accuracy rating is a secondary stat

Edited by Philelectric

In contrary to popular belief its not always bad use aim on a gunslinger. Mostly this is only true during leveling tbh.

The reason for that is that Aim will increase you ranged attacks damage and critchance. the reason why you should go for cunning if possible is that Cunning does the same as Aim, (ranged damage+crit) plus it increases your techattacks damage and crit.

If you go Sharpshooter your entire rotation consists of ranged attacks (mostly ranged, some tech). If you want to be sure which skill uses what hit 'P' and scroll through the skills in the smuggler and gunslinger tab. If you find during leveling an aim-implant for example I would take it if I dont have an implant yet. This would also be the case if my current implant had only 20 cunning and the aim implant had 40 aim.

To much info? TLDR

Get always cunning if you can. If its a major upgrade during levelling take aim.

In contrary to popular belief its not always bad use aim on a gunslinger. Mostly this is only true during leveling tbh.

The reason for that is that Aim will increase you ranged attacks damage and critchance. the reason why you should go for cunning if possible is that Cunning does the same as Aim, (ranged damage+crit) plus it increases your techattacks damage and crit.

If you go Sharpshooter your entire rotation consists of ranged attacks (mostly ranged, some tech). If you want to be sure which skill uses what hit 'P' and scroll through the skills in the smuggler and gunslinger tab. If you find during leveling an aim-implant for example I would take it if I dont have an implant yet. This would also be the case if my current implant had only 20 cunning and the aim implant had 40 aim.

To much info? TLDR

Get always cunning if you can. If its a major upgrade during levelling take aim.

To reiterate what he said, only take Aim if it is just way better than the crap you have at the moment. And then, be aware that you need to get cunning again as fast as possible.

Cunning affects both ranged damage and tech damage. Examples of each of these would be Charged Burst for the former and Thermal Grenade for the latter. You really want both buffed. Cunning does this.

Aim only affects ranged damage. For Troopers, it affects ranged and tech just like cunning does for Smugglers, but each class only has one main stat. One thing that can be helpful though, is if you pick up Aim datacrons as you go (note these are not relics, but one-time permanent buffs to your stats that you get while exploring). They will only help you at that point. But that is not significant.

As player with an alt in Cybertec, Reflex and Cunning tend to but not always use the same Scavenging metals which makes life a lot easer. When I had a Mara and Treek I had to have double the metals to make the same gear because Might and Reflex always use the same mats for the mods.

Lore-wise - aim would be good for a Smuggler - because he needs to take aim at targets.

However, the - I think it was - "Quick Shot" animation shows very much another side of the gunslnger - the "Lucky Luke" way of shooting (for Americans : Lucky Luke is an famous European comic).

He basically shoots out from the height of his chest - he doesn't take aim like a sharpshooter.

The only time when he really aims like a sharpshooter is for the highest skill in the left tree - I've forgot its name again.

Plus, as a Smuggler, he or she must be witty and use cunning to hide smuggled goods from authorities.