Darth Vader and the darkside

i was thinking about ep3 about how the main reason ani joined the darkside was because of wanting to save padme but then after he finds out padme died he just shouts no, instead of recognizing that padme is gone and that the emperors promise doesn't matter any more then going ack to the light.

i know the darkside can tempt and keep people dsrk but when the biggest reason he joined the darkside was to save padme

i was thinking about ep3 about how the main reason ani joined the darkside was because of wanting to save padme but then after he finds out padme died he just shouts no, instead of recognizing that padme is gone and that the emperors promise doesn't matter any more then going ack to the light.

i know the darkside can tempt and keep people dsrk but when the biggest reason he joined the darkside was to save padme

"I was thinking about ep3"

Son, the best thing to do with the prequels, is to not think about them.

i was thinking about ep3 about how the main reason ani joined the darkside was because of wanting to save padme but then after he finds out padme died he just shouts no, instead of recognizing that padme is gone and that the emperors promise doesn't matter any more then going back to the light.

i know the darkside can tempt and keep people dark but when the biggest reason he joined the darkside was to save padme

He had destroyed the Jedi Order, and condemned Trillions to slavery or death, if he had just tried to turn to the light who would have believed him, and you can't just redeem yourself on your own, you need someone to tell you what's right and wrong, since this is the first thing the Darkside corrupts.

You don't just switch back and forth between the Dark Side and the Light with the flick of a switch, the Dark Side is like a narcotic drug, all he cared about then was figuring out how to kill Sidious to gain his revenge.

Indeed, the Story of Lord Vader is far sadder than it appears in the Movies too...

Between Episode 3 and his Discovery of Luke, Vader constantly struggled with what he had done and his longing for Padme... Revenge was the only thing keeping him Dark...

He had destroyed the Jedi Order, and condemned Trillions to slavery or death, if he had just tried to turn to the light who would have believed him, and you can't just redeem yourself on your own, you need someone to tell you what's right and wrong, since this is the first thing the Darkside corrupts.

he killed a lot of jedi (he dont carry grudges) but most of them survive, revan got accepted back although a lot of jedi did not disagree, and the senate welcomed the empire

he killed a lot of jedi (he dont carry grudges) but most of them survive, revan got accepted back although a lot of jedi did not disagree, and the senate welcomed the empire

Revan had someone to believe in him, Vader didn't. That's the core of my arguement.

Also in Revan's time the social order hadn't been turned upside down at the same time, in Vader's time the Jedi are being hunted, the Republic is turning into the Empire, which involves scapegoating and witchhunts (literal and figurative), and no place that was safe, nobody could afford to trust him if he did try to return to the light.