Seeing an increase in AFKers

TrixxieTriss

Starting to see a rise in AFKers again in matches that are hiding in corners where they think no one will see them. This ruins it for everyone and isn’t fair on your team.

Please don’t come into pvp if that’s what you are going to do.

But if you do and I’m on the opposing team....

Starting to see a rise in AFKers again in matches that are hiding in corners where they think no one will see them. This ruins it for everyone and isn’t fair on your team.

But if you do and I’m on the opposing team....

Redheads are yum.

What are you doing looking around in the nooks, corners, and under rocks for slackers? Shouldn't you be PvPing?

:p

And what about AFK stealthers? :)

More seriously though.. this had been a thing in MMOs for many years now.... and most certainly not just this one. In other words.. it is part and parcel to the consciousness of MMO players since the advent of instanced PvP.

Before we had instanced PvP (be it battlegrounds, or whatever someone wishes to call them).. there was open world PvP.. and this simply was not an issue in that context. So I very much put the ownership on this to the proliferation of instanced PvP + Rewards. People chase the rewards, and will distort and confound almost any aspect of intended design and play to get their rewards fix.

Last week I decided to finally finish the M1 recruitment mission on my smuggler. I needed 6 more warzones for that. It was during off-time.

1st warzone was Odessen. It was a very even game with evenly distributed imps and reps. We won by a few points. Was fun.

2nd warzone was Ancient Hypergate. The opponent had an imperial PvP premade. Keyword: "Manhunter" titles. They had two healers at our pylon and we didn't manage to kill anyone there in the first round. In the second round I was actually able to steal their pylon and even hold it with the help of one other player. But that was it. We didn't get another pylon in this game.

3rd warzone was Odessen again. It was the same premade, but my team also had some Sith, so it was a bit more even. For me it was like: spawning, going to the next point. On the way getting attacked by a "Manhunter". Dying quickly. Rinse and repeat. Lots of fun. Not.

4th warzone was Voidstar. The opponent was the same premade. They toyed with us in round one. 4 players quit and got replaced. After half of our turn, I gave up attacking. No one was even able to get close to a door. During their turn, they had the chance to cap right away, but they didn't cap. On purpose. Instead they toyed with us even more. It took some long 5 minutes until our whole group finally stopped playing, because everyone realised that the only reason they hadn't capped yet, was because they didn't want to. My teammates noticed it when 7 of us were behind bars at the same time and there was nonetheless no one capping. So we didn't go back down. Finally the opponent "gave up" and capped a door. What a waste of everyone's time. Nasty trolling.

5th warzone was Ancient Hypergate again. Same premade! I grabbed one medal quickly and then went to the farest end of the map where I stayed (or ran back to at the beginning of a new round) until it was finally over. We lost with 0 points for us. The opponent all had 20+ medals, our best had 6.

I have zero regrets that I didn't participate in the last warzone. If you play 4 times against the same ranked premade, it would be more insane to keep on trying than to AFK. I'm no Sisyphos.

Now, if you would have only joined my group for the 5th warzone: What would you think of me?

Now, if you would have only joined my group for the 5th warzone: What would you think of me?

I know it wasn't me you asked the question...but I'd think you have 0 empathy towards the poor people who were in your team, who were already fighting a very powerful premade team and now had to fight it in 7 vs. 8. They likely were just as miserable as you and you made the experience even worse for them. Also, I'd throw a vote kick on you and ask others to do the same.

It's the same in GSF on the Darth Malgus forum. Lots of people just aimlessly flying around the edges of the map or sitting stationary next to the base ships. When you start a kick vote against them they charge head first into the enemy to reset the vote. When I've finished what I've been doing over the last few weeks and can start flying on both factions again I will personally teach them a lesson with my laser cannons :D

Many people hated open world pvp, which is one of the many reasons that games stopped having it. And I'm not surprised by the increase of AFKers, it was due to happen ever since companions were gated behind the pvp wall.

What are you doing looking around in the nooks, corners, and under rocks for slackers? Shouldn't you be PvPing?

:p

I can do both with 3 x 27” monitors and and the view zoomed out. I can see most of the WZ. My only limitation is range. But seeing as I’m mostly a mobile player, I see all parts of the map as I’m moving. I just pan my mouse angle and do 360’ sweeps. And trying to hide in HB is pointless. I can see the whole map.

There’s another thread talking about pvp achievements needing to be reduced because it’s difficult to get solo kills. But if you see an AFK person in a corner, that’s a free solo cause most of the time they don’t fight back.

I got 5 solo kills in Quesh Ball today because I kept killing this Mara trying to hide under the ramp and I scored all 6 goals at the same time on my sniper. I’d grab the ball run to the ramp to go up and he’d be under it. So while I waited for the green sludge to stop, I killed him. I would have had 6 solos but someone threw a heal on me that ruined the solo.

So if anyone sees AFKers and you want a solo kill. Do the other team a favour and kill the AFKers for them. :D

So if anyone sees AFKers and you want a solo kill. Do the other team a favour and kill the AFKers for them. :D

Well.. I certainly support this tactic. :)

Now.. if I was an avid PvPer... I would try to persuade my team to deliberately set a snare...... put an apparent AFKer somewhere where he is likely to get ganked.. and then put some stealthers near by to gank the ganker. :D In other words.. make lemonade from lemons.... and not just follow the obvious mechanics and breadcrumbs of an instance.

And while the gankers are busy repeat-killing the AFKer, the AFKers team racks up the win. Woo PvP!

That would be true if it took more than 1 person to kill the afker. However, afker's team is effectively playing a 7 vs. 8, and a ganker killing the afker only means it's gonna be a 7 vs. 7 for a short while.

That would be true if it took more than 1 person to kill the afker. However, afker's team is effectively playing a 7 vs. 8, and a ganker killing the afker only means it's gonna be a 7 vs. 7 for a short while.

Yeah likely. :p If executed well! I've been in PvP matches where the team was so focused on this one AFK-er, or this one annoying player, that the rest of that person's team won the match with ease because everyone else had lost sight of the objectives.

Yeah likely. :p If executed well! I've been in PvP matches where the team was so focused on this one AFK-er, or this one annoying player, that the rest of that person's team won the match with ease because everyone else had lost sight of the objectives.

I haven't seen anyone focusing on an afker that hard, but focusing on an annoying player... Oh boy. :p I remember this one imp vs. imp match where an operative, who was really good at kiting, was more or less unkillable and taunted our team about it in general chat. Soon half of our team was just chasing that one guy. :D He had a ton of fun I bet.

I haven't seen anyone focusing on an afker that hard, but focusing on an annoying player... Oh boy. :p I remember this one imp vs. imp match where an operative, who was really good at kiting, was more or less unkillable and taunted our team about it in general chat. Soon half of our team was just chasing that one guy. :D He had a ton of fun I bet.

Hahaha! I've seen similar happen and it amazes me how people can work as a single unit in such instances but when it comes to the match, everyone wanders off just doing their own little thing. :p

I can do both with 3 x 27” monitors and and the view zoomed out. I can see most of the WZ. My only limitation is range. But seeing as I’m mostly a mobile player, I see all parts of the map as I’m moving. I just pan my mouse angle and do 360’ sweeps. And trying to hide in HB is pointless. I can see the whole map.

There’s another thread talking about pvp achievements needing to be reduced because it’s difficult to get solo kills. But if you see an AFK person in a corner, that’s a free solo cause most of the time they don’t fight back.

I got 5 solo kills in Quesh Ball today because I kept killing this Mara trying to hide under the ramp and I scored all 6 goals at the same time on my sniper. I’d grab the ball run to the ramp to go up and he’d be under it. So while I waited for the green sludge to stop, I killed him. I would have had 6 solos but someone threw a heal on me that ruined the solo.

Oooh, I wiuld love to kill me some AFKers, may i ask what side they were mostly on and what server hehe:cool:

Well.. I certainly support this tactic. :)

Now.. if I was an avid PvPer... I would try to persuade my team to deliberately set a snare...... put an apparent AFKer somewhere where he is likely to get ganked.. and then put some stealthers near by to gank the ganker. :D In other words.. make lemonade from lemons.... and not just follow the obvious mechanics and breadcrumbs of an instance.

AFKers aren’t normally pvpers, so any regular pvper should be able to handle them by themselves. You certainly don’t need to gank them. Just run over and bonk them on the head and they die pretty fast, especially as half of them aren’t even there or are watching Netflix at the same time.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

TrixxieTriss <<<< I’m that annoying player :D

A tactic I often employ is to get the other team to try and focus me all match when I’m on my Jugg. If they don’t dedicate 3 people to me all match I’m going to keep soloing and taking their off node. This usually pisses them off enough that half their team chase me.

That how I get most of my solo kills. By killing their defenders. I’ve even gotten a few doubles

TrixxieTriss <<<< I’m that annoying player :D

A tactic I often employ is to get the other team to try and focus me all match when I’m on my Jugg. If they don’t dedicate 3 people to me all match I’m going to keep soloing and taking their off node. This usually pisses them off enough that half their team chase me.

That how I get most of my solo kills. By killing their defenders. I’ve even gotten a few doubles

haha nothing wrong with that. In WoW my partner once got himself on the PvP zone hitlist from the major PvP guild on his server, and another guild was formed with the name "hunting *partner's character name*"

He was proud of himself being that really good, and apparently very annoying, adversary xD

Not all afkers are bad... some of them gets farmed hard and loose the will to go on.

For me its try-hard or quit... no afking, but if I spot one then I call out in pvp channel to let everyone know.

I may be too harsh at times but if pvp is not your cup of tea then you should not be doing pvp.

Trolls, gankers, afkers all contribute to wasteage of time and enjoyment of peoples who wants to play seriously.

Not all afkers are bad... some of them gets farmed hard and loose the will to go on.

For me its try-hard or quit... no afking, but if I spot one then I call out in pvp channel to let everyone know.

I may be too harsh at times but if pvp is not your cup of tea then you should not be doing pvp.

Trolls, gankers, afkers all contribute to wasteage of time and enjoyment of peoples who wants to play seriously.

I do PvP only if need points for conquest - so why should I do more than necessarry. It's not my fail that BW reduced the possibilities to get points in solo mode (crafting, H2, etc.)

I do PvP only if need points for conquest - so why should I do more than necessarry. It's not my fail that BW reduced the possibilities to get points in solo mode (crafting, H2, etc.)

Because you're a decent human being who wishes to be considerate to others who would rather not have to fight a 7 vs. 8. It's not their fault Bioware reduced the possibilities to get those solo points but you decided to take your revenge on them.