Is 80 people on DM Rep fleet @ 7pm normal?

TrixxieTriss

I haven’t been on fleet for ages since I usually chill out in my strongholds but yesterday, around the same time, I went to Republic fleet hoping to find a group for GF op. Yes, it was unusually quiet, I remember it being more active on Friday nights. But keep in mind that the busiest hours on DM are 8 – 10 pm GMT (well, based on my observations).

Lvl 70 PvP pops were okay though.

Unfortunately, it's not a good argument. Less people are in game -> less people want to find a group -> less people go to fleet.

Pubside tends to have less people so chances are that Impside had a better head count at the same time.

Also as a few peeps mentioned, Fleet is something of indication of population but at all times there are 100's of people in different places that you simple can't account for by a head count on fleet. Also just because it may say there 80 people on fleet for example doesn't mean there aren't other instances of fleet but you can check that easily from your compass icon options.

On Star Forge if you were to see a fleet head count of less than say 100 you can be assured it's not that the first instance of fleet, it's either the second or third unless it's like 4 AM on a work night. There's almost always 3 instances of fleet Impside like 12 pmish to 2 amish. [i think I just made up some new words =p]

I can't speak for DM of course, I'm merely postulating. Ya can't really compare Star Forge to any of the other servers in terms of what is "normal" because it's a much bigger server with a greater population, so those numbers on DM may be more of a representation of population scales on the other servers.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't like it when someone implies the Americans are better than us in something. Even if it's just filling the fleet. :D :D :D

Yeah. I think OP is trying to show everyone that her server is more populated as some other players from sf tried to show in old threads after server merges happened. I find sf and ss to be much dead than dm because sf is feeling good only when west coast america has prime time (it explains why OP was always crying about low pops and dead queues). But dm doesn't have this problems since its multi-Cultural server which has different nationalities and even when someone doesn't have a prime time - some other will have it so the pops are pretty good 24/7 because of many countries involved with dm with different time-zones.

Yeah. I think OP is trying to show everyone that her server is more populated as some other players from sf tried to show in old threads after server merges happened. I find sf and ss to be much dead than dm because sf is feeling good only when west coast america has prime time (it explains why OP was always crying about low pops and dead queues). But dm doesn't have this problems since its multi-Cultural server which has different nationalities and even when someone doesn't have a prime time - some other will have it so the pops are pretty good 24/7 because of many countries involved with dm with different time-zones.

I play on Star Forge bro, it is anything but dead. I couldn't be happier on Star Forge Impside. I can sign on a 4 am and get fast pops for an hour straight. Operation groups on fleet LFGs 24/7.

PVP pops will slow down between like 3-am-7am but they never stop [at least with regard to 70]. There is no such thing as PVP not poping impside on Star Forge and I play every day. I couldn't be happier. The population is huge even on Fleet. As I understand it though, Repside does have a smaller population in comparison to Impside and slower pops as a consequence, but that is just what I am told, I can't confirm or deny anything about what goes on repside. Impside, you'll get pops 24/7. That's why whenever I see people calling for NA servers to merge, I'm just like ***? Why? There's no population or pop problems at all.

If you ever are looking to try a different server for whatever reason, give Star Forge a try, I think you'd be really happy with it man. Besides, be nice to have another cross-faction hater around :). I'm dreading it heh.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Nah. Pops aren't perfect at SF or SS, but we don't have 24/7 pops in DM, either. Or at least not in lowbie/midbie pvp, which seems to be the OPs complaint. There used to be a time on Red Eclipse I could queue at 6AM and get lowbie/midbie pops, but nowadays... The only reason I made my post about the people on the fleets was because midbie was not popping at that time, so I thought I might as well go have a look at them.

Edited by Seireeni

Nah. Pops aren't perfect at SF or SS, but we don't have 24/7 pops in DM, either. Or at least not in lowbie/midbie pvp, which seems to be the OPs complaint. There used to be a time on Red Eclipse I could queue at 6AM and get lowbie/midbie pops, but nowadays... The only reason I made my post about the people on the fleets was because midbie was not popping at that time, so I thought I might as well go have a look at them.

Far as lowbies/midbies, yeah on SF that's not poping all the time. My comments were just reflecting 70's PVP and Operations. The lower brackets definitely don't pop all the time and virtually never very late. If that's the situation on Star Forge I'd imagine it would be even worse on other servers with smaller populations, but nonetheless relative to the overall population numbers.

70's on Impside, I have zero complaints, I couldn't ask for more which is why I am so supportive of the decision to merge the servers when they did. It made a tremendous difference at least from my point of view.

Trixxie's right though, lowbies and midbies can be hard to pop and I would imagine it would be even harder on pubside.

Maybe it's different on DM, you guys have a more repside dominant situation over there, right? Or am I confusing that with another European server?

Maybe it's different on DM, you guys have a more repside dominant situation over there, right? Or am I confusing that with another European server?

I don't know. I just started doing max level pvp again, and my victories and losses seem to have less to do with which faction I play and more to do with who happens to be on my team, who happens to be on the enemy team and how many healers reps have. :p

Imperial fleet on DM has two instances and 114 people in the instance I'm in, and it's offpeak. Republic fleet...looks funny. It claims there's only one instance and 62 people, but if I use the search function, it shows 86 people in total in Republic Fleet (1), Republic Fleet (2) and Republic Fleet (6).

Does anyone have an idea why they're listed like that? :confused:

It probably has something to do with the other ships in the fleet. I often go there to dummy parse and see others doing stuff. I would guess they represent a different instance maybe?

But with the group finder, and with the level of toxicity in the gen chat on Fleet at an all-time high. many people don't bother with the fleet to form a group to start.

Group finder is used for FPs, Uprisings, unranked PvP and solo ranked. If someone wants to do an operation or team ranked outside the guild, they always go to fleet. That’s why one can assume that the amount of LFGs on fleet depends on the amount of people currently playing the game.

Speaking of toxicity, well, I rarely see it on rep fleet and I learned to ignore everything but LFGs on the imp one. I’m sure I’m not the only one who managed to develop that ability. Besides, I doubt there’re much people who sit in their strongholds thinking: “I want to do a GF op but the fleet is so toxic… oh, no, I can’t stand it, I’d rather do heroics!!”.

===

Also as a few peeps mentioned, Fleet is something of indication of population but at all times there are 100's of people in different places that you simple can't account for by a head count on fleet. Also just because it may say there 80 people on fleet for example doesn't mean there aren't other instances of fleet but you can check that easily from your compass icon options.

When I said “the fleet was unusually quiet” I didn’t mean the numbers. I was surprised that the chat was barely alive – no guild announcements, no trading, no questions, no discussions, one dude was forming a group for EC and another for TR. I didn’t stick around for long though.

I’m not jumping to any conclusions; on the contrary, I’ve found it unusual. Actually, based on the amount of complaints about the pops on SS and SF and all those “merge us!!!11oneone” threads I started to suspect that DM may be the most active server. :)

===

Imperial fleet on DM has two instances and 114 people in the instance I'm in, and it's offpeak. Republic fleet...looks funny. It claims there's only one instance and 62 people, but if I use the search function, it shows 86 people in total in Republic Fleet (1), Republic Fleet (2) and Republic Fleet (6).

Does anyone have an idea why they're listed like that? :confused:

Maybe one of those instances shows how much folks are on guildships.

Ollmich;9616165]Group finder is used for FPs, Uprisings, unranked PvP and solo ranked. If someone wants to do an operation or team ranked outside the guild, they always go to fleet. That’s why one can assume that the amount of LFGs on fleet depends on the amount of people currently playing the game.

That's not entirely accurate. I have been in my stronghold on Nar Shadda and Yavin on Star Forge when someone makes a LFG for an operation. So they don't always use the fleet. Some have figured out that not everyone goes to the fleet so they make a conscious effort to be sure to LFG in areas where there are strongholds as well.

Edited by casirabit

If you want to compare DM to Star Forge, I suggest you go there first and have a look.

My intention was never to compare. (I wish all servers were the same and had massive populations). It’s only you who is now trying to compare. But seeing as you seem to want to open Pandora’s box, let’s start to compare with the limited tools at our disposal. When I made this thread, this is what I saw at those local times.

7pm - DM : Republic fleet = 80 people and 1 instance

7pm - SF : Republic fleet = 246 people and 2 instance

7pm - SS : Republic fleet = 233 people and 2 instance

Now I didn’t make this thread to compare. I wanted to know if those numbers were normal. If they are, then great, thats just how the DM fleet is. But all I’m hearing are excuses from some here trying to defend those numbers, which isn’t what I asked. If it’s normal or not normal, just say so. I didn’t ask if there has been a decline because it’s summer or people are bonking or if the servers dying or any number of other things people try to say to explain the numbers on fleets when they seem low.

It was a simple question and I just wanted a simple answer. I’ve still not had a yes or no if it’s normal. But I have seen one reply that makes sense to me, which is the World Cup being on. This makes perfect sense as I know most of Europe and a lot of Australia are tuned into watch.

What I dont understand are the defensive posts like yours that don’t answer the question posed.

Then you try to make a conspiracy about why I posted.

Then you try to link it to older posts of mine that had to do with pop times.

(it explains why OP was always crying about low pops and dead queues)

Do you know how illogical your argument is and how you’ve sunk your own position by even posting that? I am on DM to play at YOUR PRIME TIME so that I don’t have low pops.

I hope you can see the irony in you attacking me about complaining about low pops in the US when I’ve come to your server at prime time to get better pops. If you can’t, get someone to translate it for you.

I’m on your server, I’m new to it, I want to understand the best times to play on it so I can try and sync up my play times. I asked if 80 people on the fleet was normal. What is so hard in being polite and answering with a yes or no.

I’m going to go with the World Cup theory until it’s finished. Then I will be able to find out myself if it’s normal or not.

Nah ofc i meant 70 lvl pvp. Iam not considering lowbie and midbie since devs killed it. Former still popping on dm often but compared with previous patches it's nothing. Yet 70s may be popping in almost all periods of time on dm not only in prime times.

I’ve just started playing some characters on DM and after I got off the starting planet tonight at 7pm (UK time), there were only 80 people on the Republic fleet.

Is that normal?

The devs work hard to drive the customer away (conquest changes, no content for story players nearly a year, Focus on PvP) may be they are successsful.

They promised last year a content-update every month and now this year we have 3 from 6 months without an update.

I'm not surprised.

I play on Star Forge bro, it is anything but dead. I couldn't be happier on Star Forge Impside. I can sign on a 4 am and get fast pops for an hour straight. Operation groups on fleet LFGs 24/7.

PVP pops will slow down between like 3-am-7am but they never stop [at least with regard to 70]. There is no such thing as PVP not poping impside on Star Forge and I play every day. I couldn't be happier. The population is huge even on Fleet. As I understand it though, Repside does have a smaller population in comparison to Impside and slower pops as a consequence, but that is just what I am told, I can't confirm or deny anything about what goes on repside. Impside, you'll get pops 24/7. That's why whenever I see people calling for NA servers to merge, I'm just like ***? Why? There's no population or pop problems at all.

If you ever are looking to try a different server for whatever reason, give Star Forge a try, I think you'd be really happy with it man. Besides, be nice to have another cross-faction hater around :). I'm dreading it heh.

If it is as good as you say why trixieTriss is always complaining about low pops on sf? Just look at her threads and you will see many of them about low pops. In any case, pops on dm are PERFECT. And thx to its multi-nationality you can get pops at any time at 70 lvl.

Let me just clear up this misconception that has been added by Oman. I did not post about pop times or complain.

My OP didn’t mention pop times or even pvp or what brackets. So I dont know why you are even bringing up lowbies or mid pvp.

I’ve just started playing some characters on DM and after I got off the starting planet tonight at 7pm (UK time), there were only 80 people on the Republic fleet.

Is that normal?

And my follow up post didn’t mention pop times or pvp

One fleet instance.

I guess it’s different from the US servers because at prime time there are 2-3 fleet instances, even for the republic.

And neither did my next post

That’s not true. As I said, the US servers have 2-3 instances at their 7pm prime time. Are you saying that DM is dead?

My reason for posting was to find out if what I saw was normal. I don’t usually play on DM so I don’t know if it is or not.

Of course it could have been an anomaly or as others have said, people don’t hang out on the fleet on DM. If that’s the case, maybe it’s EU cultural thing.

My point is, I just don’t know and I am trying to find out what the story is. It seems everyone has gotten defensive and making excuses why it’s low or different to the US servers at the moment.

Why can’t anyone simply answer wether it’s normal at the moment or that it was just an anomaly I saw. Why are you all defensive. It’s like I called the server dead, which I didn’t and I’m not implying it.

Or this post

Yeah, that’s the best explanation I’ve heard. Let’s hope that’s the case.

Or my next post... anyone seeing me posting about pop times or pvp?

But I’m Aussie :D

This post doesn’t mention pop times or pvp either,

It probably has something to do with the other ships in the fleet. I often go there to dummy parse and see others doing stuff. I would guess they represent a different instance maybe?

It wasn’t until Oman brought it up as an excuse to discredit me, that I even said anything to do with pop times or pvp.

AND at no time have I ever complained about pop times on DM in the history of the game. If anyone wants to check, please do.

I hope this proves I’ve not been complaining about pop times or pvp or actually anything on DM. If you go back and read my posts, all you will see is a simple question and follow ups about wether 80 people on the Republic fleet was normal at 7pm.

So can we put the “she said” or “she’s crying” about pop times and pvp to bed.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If it is as good as you say why trixieTriss is always complaining about low pops on sf? Just look at her threads and you will see many of them about low pops. In any case, pops on dm are PERFECT. And thx to its multi-nationality you can get pops at any time at 70 lvl.

Your obsession with me is a bit creepy. :rolleyes:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Let me just clear up this misconception that has been added by Oman. I did not post about pop times or complain.

My OP didn’t mention pop times or even pvp or what brackets. So I dont know why you are even bringing up lowbies or mid pvp.

I didn't mean to offend, I've simply seen you on another thread, posting about lowbie/midbie pops and assumed Omaan referred to that, as I've thought max level pvp pops almost 24/7 on all servers.

I didn't mean to offend, I've simply seen you on another thread, posting about lowbie/midbie pops and assumed Omaan referred to that, as I've thought max level pvp pops almost 24/7 on all servers.

No offence taken. I was just trying to clear up a misconception because Oman likes to try to drag that old discussion through the mud every chance he gets. I guess he’s got nothing better to do than stalk me on the forums.

I can't say whether it is 'normal' or not. I created a new Jedi a couple of nights ago on DM, around 9pm UK time, and there were 92 people on TYTHON. Some bots, perhaps, though I didn't get spam-harassed once and chat was just a lot of new faces and others helping the newcomers out. I avoid the fleet so I don't know whether your numbers are the usual average or not.

I guess you feel everyone is getting defensive, and perhaps they are, but maybe you could understand why? Every few days/weeks, one person or another pops up to bang on about populations with spoken, and unspoken, implications of how those numbers mean "the game is dying!". It becomes tiresome and downright annoying, and they all have a habit of using fleet population as a measuring stick.

Then in comes you, a person who just prior to this thread took a bug in the subscription system as a sign that the game might be shutting down. Sure, you played it off as half-joking though it read as if you were genuinely worried. I personally don't find it all that surprising that people are sounding defensive when you then make another thread to inquire about fleet populations, no matter your intention behind doing so, which you failed to explain in your OP. I think if you'd approached it with "Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out prime times on Darth Malgus to adjust my playing schedule and enjoy group activities/queue pops", people would have been less defensive about the matter but you barged in with an air of "So uh, 80 people on the DM Rep fleet, is that normal? Like what gives, what's wrong with yall, are the EU servers dying?". Again, likely not how you meant it but definitely how it came across.

Word of advice, if you want genuine conversation and answers then consider being mindful of your own phrasing and approach in asking questions.

Considering that SWTOR 100+ has different instances (FP / OP / planets etc.), the number is not surprising. In addition, summer is. And the football World Cup is currently running. So it's normal at the moment.

As for the pops in the war zones. Ever thought that many people do not find PVP appealing and therefore do not list? ;)

Your obsession with me is a bit creepy. :rolleyes:

You do realize that you are easily the most prolific poster and thread creator right now right? Seriously, the first post I click whenever I come to swtor.com is the the General Discussion most recent post link, and 50% of the time it's either a post by you, or at least thread you started. I'd be impressed if someone who's been here for more than a month didn't know about your posts complaining about pvp and pops.

STOP misrepresenting what other players are posting.

If you want to beef about the game.. which you do constantly... do it on your own.. and stop misrepresenting others in making your constant negative narratives.

You do realize that you are easily the most prolific poster and thread creator right now right? Seriously, the first post I click whenever I come to swtor.com is the the General Discussion most recent post link, and 50% of the time it's either a post by you, or at least thread you started. I'd be impressed if someone who's been here for more than a month didn't know about your posts complaining about pvp and pops.

While Trixxie does post a lot.. and often in the form of a complaint based observation in the context of PvP.. that is beside the point with respect to what Trixxie posted. Omaan was very deliberately misrepresenting Trixxie with that rant post of his. Omaan needs to man up and base his rants on his own views, observations, complaints.. and stop conflating and misrepresenting what others actually are posting.

Edited by Andryah