I appreciate that there aren't macro's and add-ons. Thanks BW!

CleverNameHere

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again... every thread about this degenerates.

Guess what, people like myself and the OP and many more are entitled to our opinions as much as anybody who wants macros.

But the misleading argument that adding macros doesnt harm the people that dont use them is ridiculous.

For the reasons why, see any number of 100 page threads about the same subject.

:rolleyes:

Guess what, people like myself and the OP and many more are entitled to our opinions as much as anybody who wants macros.

But the misleading argument that adding macros doesnt harm the people that dont use them is ridiculous.

Keybinds harm people that prefer to click because they're better, and give people who use them an advantage.

Remove keybinds so I can click and not feel like I'm bad.

Edited by Excedrin

Funny, no one forces you to use macros and addons.

Perhaps you should enjoy playing the way you like to play, and have the respect for others to allow them to do the same.

Stop worrying about how other people play.

The drawback of such add-ons is when it becomes a necessity and groups "force" you to adapt to their playstyle or you get the boot.

For example, Deadly Boss mod was a requirement for raiding. If you didn't have it, a lot of raid groups would say get it or don't come back.

A lot of heal mods made healing easier and quicker. This gives those who participate in the mod an advantage over a person who prefers not to rely on said mods. However, the groups can then decide not to use you because you're not as efficient as the other person with the mod.

Get it?

By not having add-on/mod abilities, it's equal ground for everyone.

Edited by Lazorous

Again, don't use them if you don't like them.

The drawback of such add-ons is when it becomes a necessity and groups "force" you to adapt to their playstyle or you get the boot.

For example, Deadly Boss mod was a requirement for raiding. If you didn't have it, a lot of raid groups would say get it or don't come back.

A lot of heal mods made healing easier and quicker. This gives those who participate in the mod an advantage over a person who prefers not to rely on said mods. However, the groups can then decide not to use you because you're not as efficient as the other person with the mod.

Get it?

So to prevent groups from forcing you to do something, you'd instead force them not to do something?

I wish hypocrisy smelt like bacon, then more people would smell delicious.

Get it?

Correlation != Causation

Better healers tended to use things that reduced the numbers of actions they took. You saw that good healers used these things and concluded that it was the addons that made them good. I assure you, the people who were good with addons in other games are most likely good in this game without addons.

Funny, no one forces you to use macros and addons.

Perhaps you should enjoy playing the way you like to play, and have the respect for others to allow them to do the same.

Funny thing is, People will then demand you have all the add-ons to do Flashpoints and Operations with them. So how is that not forcing people who dont want to HAVE to use them any better?:rolleyes:

Truth is i'm sure there will be add-ons and such at some point. But when players start expecting other players to use said add-ons in order to do flashpoints and operations is when this game goes the way of that OTHER MMO we dont talk about.

Edited by Voidence

So to prevent groups from forcing you to do something, you'd instead force them not to do something?

No one is forcing anything, it's called a level playing field.

It's in the best interest of the developer to keep it as level as possible.

OP, I couldn't agree more. I've seen more games than I care go down the add on path and inevitably ruin by said add ons.

Edited by einherjar_LC

Get it?

You chose to play the way you choose to play, I don't begrudge you that, if you want to play in a less efficient manner, you deal with the consequences. But don't expect me to conform to your ideals, I don't expect you to conform to mine.

It's not forcing them to not do something if it was never implemented. Your bacon is burnt.

You chose to play the way you choose to play, I don't begrudge you that, if you want to play in a less efficient manner, you deal with the consequences. But don't expect me to conform to your ideals, I don't expect you to conform to mine.

So you need a crutch in order to be better? Then your really not that good.

Get it?

I only have one hand.

Macros and add-ons are the only way I could raid in WoW.

So in my case macros were what created the level playing field, not the absence of them.

Mmmmm, Do as I say, not as I do. Tasty.

Anyhow, I would just love a macro for redundant abilities, I've honestly ran out of space for keybinds, I can't even remember the last time I used Alt+ for something. (Aion perhaps?)

There are different types of macros... some level of macro support would be nice. For example, it'd be nice to be able to create a macro that simply casts a power on your companion, rather than having to click on them, cast, then click back to the enemy and so on. I don't see how that'd break the game.

Add-ons... its a tough call. They can do cool things, but I agree that when they become required then something is wrong with the game - possibly there being too much functionality exposed to addons. An alternate way to look at it, though, is that when addons become ubiquitous, and basically necessary to play the game, then what has happened is a 3rd party has identified an excellent new feature that the developers should be implementing in the game itself in some way.

Oh, so something is stopping some players from using addons?

It is an equal playing field is addons, as anyone can use them.

You may choose to handicap yourself, but that's your choice.

Prohibition logic doesn't work no matter what angle you try to come at it.

OP, I couldn't agree more. I've seen more games than I care go down the add on path and inevitably ruin by said add ons.

The game is never level. People use things like gaming keyboards and mice, they keybind while others don't, they know how to appropriately place parts of their UI to reduce the time for the eye to travel while others can't be bothered to do it.

^ all of these are greater imbalances between players than the inclusion of, say, a combat log and mouseover macros.

Edited by Excedrin

It's not forcing them to not do something if it was never implemented. Your bacon is burnt.

But Bioware is implementing it, as they've said, but you're still fighting against it.

Meaning you're trying to take something away from us because you don't want it.

So you need a crutch in order to be better? Then your really not that good.

No, I chose to not be obtuse and play more efficiently. Sorry it I am better than you using my macros and mods. If it makes you feel better, I am probably better than you without them, as well.

It is funny what people define as a crutch, I am sure you eat your soup with your fingers, because a spoon is just a crutch.

Addons and macros are tools, nothing more. Just because you want to feel superior and elitists doesn't change that fact.

Get it?

Learning to use Keybinds is better and faster than clicking. By getting rid of keybinds it's equal ground for everyone.

Getting a new GPU, CPU, RAM and an SSD let's players run the game at high res at a higher frame rate which makes the game easier. The game should be console only so it's equal ground for everyone.

Get it?