"You Rolled The Wrong Class". /sad

Frostbird

Honestly, I'd say that SW is fine. I've run with both marauders and juggernauts, Juggs mostly in tank spec. Some juggs suck at holding aggro, others do it perfectly. 90% of the game is down to how you play. If you're good with your class, you'll be able to clear content. If you suck, your dps are going to pull off of you like I do with the bad ones I run with. on the same thread, there have been powertechs I pull off of as well, and my healer friend has mostly hated healing them, feeling they're squishier than other tanks. Maybe that's just his experience, maybe not.

All in all, any of the three tanks is more than feasible to tank any of the currently available content. My suggestion, find some friends who play or make some in game, start/join a guild with them and screw the other guild who are rejecting you simply due to your class choice. Hopefully, they'll invite a powertech who has no idea what he's doing and they will endlessly wipe on their ops attempts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck organizing any large group of people to be on and make progress at a common goal without scheduled raid times and applications. You won't get anywhere.

Seriously, people don't understand how someone simply asking "Hi, can I join your guild?" doesn't work for progression raiding? You have no idea who you're inviting to your guild. Whether they're reliable, what kind of person they are, etc. There's a reason the guilds who invite anyone and everyone are often looked down upon by the server as a whole.

And past experience in other MMOs is important because it shows that you have experience with what is required to raid and won't immediately bail because you didn't realize that raiding required you to wipe continuously on a boss for several hours a few nights a week.

The funny thing is the people who say "lol applications, this is a game not a job" probably aren't interested in raiding anyway so I don't even know why they care.

Super Hardcore PvE, dominating those scripted encounters! :rolleyes:

Super Hardcore PvE, dominating those scripted encounters! :rolleyes:

Honestly, is this really going to turn into a PvE versus PvP debate?

Honestly, I'd say that SW is fine. I've run with both marauders and juggernauts, Juggs mostly in tank spec. Some juggs suck at holding aggro, others do it perfectly. 90% of the game is down to how you play. If you're good with your class, you'll be able to clear content. If you suck, your dps are going to pull off of you like I do with the bad ones I run with. on the same thread, there have been powertechs I pull off of as well, and my healer friend has mostly hated healing them, feeling they're squishier than other tanks. Maybe that's just his experience, maybe not.

All in all, any of the three tanks is more than feasible to tank any of the currently available content. My suggestion, find some friends who play or make some in game, start/join a guild with them and screw the other guild who are rejecting you simply due to your class choice. Hopefully, they'll invite a powertech who has no idea what he's doing and they will endlessly wipe on their ops attempts.

Yes, any of the three tanks is able to tank. Any of the dps classes are able to dps. There is nothing stopping you from dragging them through content. However, assumng equal skill (in a higher end guild) these classes will be a detriment to a raid if other classes are available.

It should say something that you are suggesting I need to know people in game *already* or form my old guild if I want to raid on my Warrior.

So, a bit back I finally got my Sith Warrior to 50 and have been focussing on gearing and getting a feel for tanking.

Lots of people have posted about what's wrong with the class (horrible AOE threat as Juggy, abysmal dps on both ACs, poor tree design, too much skill bloat). Generally they have been told L2P and that it was them who were likely bad.

I definately felt these problems while leveling, but I struggled through and hoped that with gear and in an organized environment it would get better.

So, 2 days ago I saw that one of the better guilds on my server was after tanks! I took some time to try and give a good app (they asked a lot of questions regarding previous MMO experience), and I just got the following response.

So - is this guy on the money? Or is this guild wrong? Really don't feel like leveling another class :|

It doesn't matter if it's true or not, play the class that you want to play and LEARN them. Sure you may or may not be the king right now but you'll be better off in the future if you learn your class now instead of trying to hop around to find the flavor of the month.....

It doesn't matter if it's true or not, play the class that you want to play and LEARN them. Sure you may or may not be the king right now but you'll be better off in the future if you learn your class now instead of trying to hop around to find the flavor of the month.....

Well, we don't know how frequently Bioware is going to update PvE balance (considering they have SOE/Mythic people on board we don't even know *if* they are going to update PvE balance). This is a new MMO - Bioware's focus, right or wrong, is bugfixing and grunting out new content as fast as they can.

Class equality is low on the totem pole unless the QQ reaches critical mass (Operatives) and then they tend to wield the chainsaw of overnerf rather than the scalpel of balance.

At this point in the cycle I feel better abandoning my Juggy and going in search of a class that will allow me easy entrance to the endgame. If I get to come back to him later - awesome. But as things stand, while I love the story/voice/companions of the class I would rather play something less gimped.

Well, we don't know how frequently Bioware is going to update PvE balance (considering they have SOE/Mythic people on board we don't even know *if* they are going to update PvE balance). This is a new MMO - Bioware's focus, right or wrong, is bugfixing and grunting out new content as fast as they can.

I don't think you should be afraid of BW taking the lazy/apathetic route of SOE, they would have to do something really bad to make me worried about them becoming like that. Until then (and given what's happened so far) I give them the benefit of the doubt that they will fix things in a reasonably quick fashion.

At this point in the cycle I feel better abandoning my Juggy and going in search of a class that will allow me easy entrance to the endgame. If I get to come back to him later - awesome. But as things stand, while I love the story/voice/companions of the class I would rather play something less gimped.

Ok, and what happens when it comes time for the Juggernauts to be on top? You go back to that character without it being geared and all of your time invested into another character that is no longer the FotM.

As for endgame play, yes sometimes guilds will recruit a specific class for some reason, but I promise you that what every last guild out there is first and foremost concerned with is the quality of the player behind the character. Yes a specific class may be recruited, but if those people fail at their job then they're out the door in a hurry, but prove you're a good player within the confines of your class and you'll be fine....

The morale of this is that if you enjoy your juggernaut then stick with it because I've seen more than a few very well geared juggernaut tanks on my server. If you don't enjoy it and had the what that it plays then that's another matter, but don't just switch because you don't like being off the top of the dps charts.

While Juggernaut is certainly the weakest of the tank classes, it isn't an inhibitor to progression. I tank for my guild as a Jugg and we will be finishing our remaining Nightmare content tonight. Current content is not really about the threat or damage the tank can put out, and Jugg survivability is actually really good.

I've never been a liability to my guild, nor would our progression have gone any faster were I an Assassin or Powertech. We never found ourselves going "Gee, why is the tank dying??" or "Why can't the tank hold aggro??" once we got past doing HM Flashpoints.

While Juggernaut is certainly the weakest of the tank classes, it isn't an inhibitor to progression. I tank for my guild as a Jugg and we will be finishing our remaining Nightmare content tonight. Current content is not really about the threat or damage the tank can put out, and Jugg survivability is actually really good.

I've never been a liability to my guild, nor would our progression have gone any faster were I an Assassin or Powertech. We never found ourselves going "Gee, why is the tank dying??" or "Why can't the tank hold aggro??" once we got past doing HM Flashpoints.

Considering that HM Flashpoints seem to be an important part of the gearing stage it's still a big deal :)

Application to be recruited into a guild goes through this procedure?

I'm so glad I choose not to be like this.

Gaming is for fun to me, not a strict way of rules and all this and that just to be in a guild.

Anyways, whatever rocks your boat, is your call.

There are guilds that want server/world firsts.

Its a fact, you also play MMOs to show off how much "bettar" you are than people aren't you.

Saying "I don't do that!" just shows you wanting to be "bettar" than even the min-maxers.

>.>

On a serious note, our MT is a Jugg, and we're in Nightmare, doing fine. Its doable, specially since AOE threat has no merit in current encounters.

However, should add even a single encounter that requires AOE tanking, even successful Juggs would be replaced. This happened in WoW and Rogue's in cata, and DKs as well, low dps, low survivability, and no other benefit to a class does make it difficult.

The PvE in this game is pretty easy... if this guild is worried about being able to complete it if they use a Jugg, well, they are probably just bad. Honestly until you get to the Ops you hardly need a tank.

You've cleared Hard and Nightmare Ops? Congratulations! Didn't realize we had an expert in here.

The day that min/maxing is necessary is the day I quit playing.

Min/maxing has not been 'neccesary' since EQ (ie you can't down content without it). However when imbalances are as huge as this it *does* mean that content will be significantly harder if you don't min/max a little.