Good job Bioware on Onslaught.

TheAllmyn

Just wanted to make this post just to say good job to the team of developers who worked on this update. Everything felt perfect. Every little thing I could have ever wanted happened.

Improved UI and skill perks. Making it easier to know which item is better just by a tiny arrow and not having to hover over each item individually.

The HK token to get the HK bonus mission from Knights of the Eternal Throne.

The tokens to level comps to level 50

Inquiz spoilers. Demanding my seat back xD

And our favorite Wookie from Yavin 4 as a companion. Something I wanted years ago.

So just good job Bioware. Those plus everything else. Best expansion ever. After playing it for several hours I went and bought $100 worth of cartel coins. Updates like these are why I keep buying :D

My problem with Onslaught is this, I busted my *** with Ossus up until 6 weeks ago to get the top tier gear, only 2 days after launch I witnessed a player on Carrick Station in full 288 gear, only to learn that running Hammer Station MM got this player that in 10 hrs! I am really annoyed that even after being a subscriber from launch and even pre-ordering the physical CE, that "return and burn" players who cancel their subscriptions as soon as they have done all end game content including Nightmare Operations are treated as the more important players rather than the players who have remained with their subscriptions through the good and bad times, only to be penalized with no defined set bonus' that actually help our characters complete content like previous tier sets. EA/BW claimed that Onslaught allows players to "Play Your Way" but from what I have experienced it's seriously making me NOT WANT TO PLAY AT ALL and I am giving serious thought to cancelling my subscription. This is not an unfair judgement just my honest judgement about Onslaught and the bias that is unfair to long haul players like myself. So thank you so much for alienating people like me! :mad:

Story-wise, I think Onslaught was extremely well done. So far I've only played it twice, once on my agent loyalist and once on my agent saboteur. The amount of variance between those two stories was astounding.

"The Republic fleet escaped."

"The Republic fleet escaped."

"The Republic fleet escaped!!"

XD

Onderon was beautiful. It took me forever to finish the story the first time because I kept having to stop and look around. The option to officially rejoin the Empire made me ecstatic, and I loved that they added the class-specific flavor to it. I nearly died when Acina said I would be Keeper. I also remembered the various back-and-forth debates when they first returned to the Empire vs. Republic conflict, where some people didn't want to rejoin their old factions. So the fact that they left you the option of remaining an autonomous ally made me happy for those people, as well.

The return of Kira and Scourge was extremely well done. I like that the excuse for their absence not only makes sense, but also segues into the mysterious "Force disease" left behind by Tenebrae. I doubt that he's coming back (the fact that they made a point of telling you that they destroyed his body at the exact moment you destroyed his spirit seems to support that). Instead, this new intriguing problem leaves us somewhere to go story-wise. I'm one of the ones who loved the return to the Empire vs. Republic storyline, but this can spice it up and keep it from feeling like the same old thing.

Also (regarding the saboteur),

I loved how they gave you the teaser for that intriguing mission about helping regroup the scattered Jedi from around the galaxy. I also loved that they gave my character the option to tell her husband Theron that she was a double agent.

All in all, very well done. As far as the story goes, I loved every minute of it. Great job, guys. :D

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot. Thank you, thank you for including my currently summoned companion in cutscenes even if they don't have a speaking role. Just watching my agent walk through the door with Kaliyo at his side made me so happy. Nothing obtrusive, she just walks in with him and then takes up a post by the door. But it's the little things like that that make it feel like my character, not some generic Commander.

Edited by NSaynKnutt

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot. Thank you, thank you for including my currently summoned companion in cutscenes even if they don't have a speaking role. Just watching my agent walk through the door with Kaliyo at his side made me so happy. Nothing obtrusive, she just walks in with him and then takes up a post by the door. But it's the little things like that that make it feel like my character, not some generic Commander.

My Imperial Agent is one of those who publicly don insignia and uniforms of Empire at all times, so everyone who can wears the same uniform (Agent's jacket is slightly different variant of same jacket to show his superior rank) at all times. So when my companions are silent they look like adjutants to important Imperial, not creepy stalkers. Its so incredibly fitting and i don't understand why i have never seen anyone else dress their Imperial Agents and their companions in similar uniforms. I understand why some want clothes that are not so obviously Imperial, its pretty hard to be unnoticed if you wear fancy Imperial uniforms. And lot of people want variety ofc.

But when this agent enters into a room, everyone knows he has no need to hide. His reputation alone makes many comply without resistance, and those who resist will become dead symbols of Imperial might and justice.

Though when i say Imperial, its actually his own Empire now. Even Empress and Dark Council are forced to recognize his independence and negotiate with him as an ally, not command him around like a mere grunt.

The HK token to get the HK bonus mission from Knights of the Eternal Throne.

Chronology: the bonus mission was released during the chapter-by-chapter phase of KotFE Chapters X to XVI, so it wasn't "from Knights of the Eternal Throne".

The tokens to level comps to level 50

They existed before 6.0 was released (purchasable from the vendor droid V1C-ORY if you had finished your personal Conquest goal at least once). What was added in 6.0 was the ability to buy them from the CM.

And our favorite Wookie from Yavin 4 as a companion. Something I wanted years ago.

Jakarro is a WookiEE, not a WookiE.

So just good job Bioware. Those plus everything else. Best expansion ever. After playing it for several hours I went and bought $100 worth of cartel coins. Updates like these are why I keep buying :D

Not really the best ever, because it was too short to be that(1), but pretty good nonetheless.

(1) It also wrecked end-game crafting and hugely complicated end-game gearing, neither of which is conducive to it being "best ever".

• 1 month later...

I've done Onslaught 16 times (8 advanced classes in both factions).

The leveling content itself was good and alt-friendly. It had a good (short) length and no real dead spots, grindy quests or places you would get to and go "ugh, not this".

I felt the story was completely idiotic, though. The Republic doesn't have enough fuel to get its fleet to Corellia? Lolwut? Look at the galaxy map - both of the "refueling stations" are farther from Corellia than Republic Fleet itself is on the map! Corellia is right. next. door. to the Republic fleet base. So dumb...

I felt the story was completely idiotic, though. The Republic doesn't have enough fuel to get its fleet to Corellia? Lolwut? Look at the galaxy map - both of the "refueling stations" are farther from Corellia than Republic Fleet itself is on the map! Corellia is right. next. door. to the Republic fleet base. So dumb...

Some parts of the *total* Fleet are based (or posted / deployed / etc.) at other places. It's *those* parts that have to make refuelling stops on the way to Corellia.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job? Already playing story with my Jedi Sage and it's worst story ever. So dull. On Onderon quest: Hunt for the Sith Lord. What we got? Another holo droid like on palace. Untamed? "Hi, she is there, now go" No comment, so "exciting". On Mek-Sha? 50 cutscens around cantina, then when i have to go rescue slavers what we got? Again Arn, Jedi teachings and only one random Brother. This story is a mess, where is this epic moment what i felt while played KoTFE and KoTET? 6.0 <<<<<<<<< KoTFE / KoTET. You just created low story with minimal resources. Pathetic. I still didn't play story with Emp side and with my Sage i'm still on Mek-Sha BUT for now it's looks like boring story ever. I enjoying more while play KoTFE and KoTET again with my alts than this new story with my main. Sad and dissapointing. 6.0 - defeat 3 Sith Lords .. dot. ...............................

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I wanted to say I quite enjoyed Onslaught. I especially wanted to give kudos to the solution they created to Kira and Scourge's absence and return.

I had said they needed a good explanation for why they'd been gone so long, which they did. They should have tied their story into the Valkorion/Vitiate arc, which they did. And they remained in character in terms of staying true to their old loyalties and moral code instead of just mindlessly following the protagonist. They even managed to work them into the story for all characters without sacrificing their unique story arc.