Conquest 2.0

Silenceo

Ok I have to ask are you going to make your own Faction in game ?Wouldn't that be against the rules with the Overlord having a faction in game.Am not against it but just seem like a weird change.

There are of course issues, but I think I found a few ways for it to work. Besides, best way to find the issues.

(Since some of you have yet to send reviews of 1.0...)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know whether ships of the New-class modernisation program like the Majestic class have troll shields, because Im kind of divided between a Majestic and an MC80 as a flagship atm. Id generally assume it does, because why would the NR downgrade its ships from MonCal ones, but anybody know anything about it?

that's BS the Action VI I was using were the same ones you used in 1.0.If that's the case I should be allowed to use them as well.

Ohhh I thought that was with all of the Nova not just your flagship.Ok I see now than I shall be updating my fleet soon.

The only reason Star got those, was because they get exactly 0 cargo space for ground forces. It is thus because his faction is space faring and he is using those as his cities.

Anybody know whether ships of the New-class modernisation program like the Majestic class have troll shields, because Im kind of divided between a Majestic and an MC80 as a flagship atm. Id generally assume it does, because why would the NR downgrade its ships from MonCal ones, but anybody know anything about it?

Good news, Majestic is banned from starter fleets.

Well first, this isn't 1.0 the rules have changed. Second, the Action VI's I'm using in this are very different from the 1.0 ones. For one, I don't get any ground forces from them.

Well I know this isn't 1.0 the title of the thread clearly says that.Sil post helpes me understand how you action V works.If your attacked and those ships are lost wouldn't you pretty much lose your entire population?

Why? Also I think that the starting fleets already are quite similar and that reduces the variety even more.

He banned most of the legacy era ships and some NJO ships as well since they were to powerful for a starting fleet.Also me and Pad kinda worked on each other fleets together and are similar in some ways so we obviously choose the MC80.

There are of course issues, but I think I found a few ways for it to work. Besides, best way to find the issues.

(Since some of you have yet to send reviews of 1.0...)

Well that's true but as I pointed out he sucks at leading a fleet.I can just imagine most of ships just crashing into each other.

Well I know this isn't 1.0 the title of the thread clearly says that.Sil post helpes me understand how you action V works.If your attacked and those ships are lost wouldn't you pretty much lose your entire population?

Mhm...

Well I mean I still have several tens of thousands in crew aboard all the other ships but yes, in general, losing those Action VI's would be very bad.

This remind me Sil we need to talk about counter Intel for 2.0.Because in 1.0 you couldn't stop anyone from getting into your faction and once they were in it was almost impossible to get them out.Counter intelligence need to actually do its job.

Well that's true but as I pointed out he sucks at leading a fleet.I can just imagine most of ships just crashing into each other.

Except that isn't how it works silly. He may not have tactical stats, but he is still the leader of the faction.

Nor are his underlings (or really any...) that incompetent. If nothing else, among droids, he has Charisma.

He banned most of the legacy era ships and some NJO ships as well since they were to powerful for a starting fleet.Also me and Pad kinda worked on each other fleets together and are similar in some ways so we obviously choose the MC80.

I've got to admit that I laughed at first when I compared our fleets. :D

Idk the one from Conquest 1.0.So you would have to ask Sil.

The standard MC80 for starting fleets should be: 374,400 after the penalty. 288k is pre-penalty.

Not sure why I didn't catch that earlier...

Side Note: The DP20 will end up costing more than that, it is one of the ones I didn't yet get around to yet.

Edited by Silenceo

Also Sil why exactly is the Majestic Class banned?

Too stronk/advanced of tech for a starting vessel this time around for its size.

(Despite its size, it is said to be as durable as a ISD MK I, which is more than three times its size/one third its cost)

Edited by Silenceo

The standard MC80 for starting fleets should be: 374,400 after the penalty. 288k is pre-penalty.

Not sure why I didn't catch that earlier...

Side Note: The DP20 will end up costing more than that, it is one of the ones I didn't yet get around to yet.

I refused to use that as my ship cost.I will keep it as I have it.:p

Sil could you do something to mark the ships that we are allowed to start of with in the ship costs doc?

Typically, the ones with just a number still need to be gone through. But the ones with all the bells and whistles, such as saying what its modifier is, are all done. Even ones that have no +/- such as Standard will say such. Its the ones without said modifiers that haven't gotten their credit cost yet. (being that is what you use to calc starter ships)

Side Note: J, don't make me use the videos... :d_evil:

Edited by Silenceo

All jokes aside Sil I saw nothing wrong with the MC80 to warrent the cost increase and that just basically neutered my fleet.The 500,000 is way to low with all the price increases we gave to ships.So I say increase the size of starting fleets to 600,000 or 650,000 or reduce the cost of the MC80 back to 288,000.

All jokes aside Sil I saw nothing wrong with the MC80 to warrent the cost increase and that just basically neutered my fleet.The 500,000 is way to low with all the price increases we gave to ships.So I say increase the size of starting fleets to 600,000 or 650,000 or reduce the cost of the MC80 back to 288,000.

30% is still a bit high in my opinion as well, I don't believe it is that much better than a Venator... that said, the vessel shouldn't be <300,000 either because that is crazy for a ship of its durability so I can see where Sil is coming from.

As for throwing your fleet calculations off. Dude I remade my fleet at least 7 full times (not to mention the thousands of little changes I made). A lot of it was because I didn't factor in penalties, trust me the best way to do this is find ships you like, be sure to get the final prices on them, and then construct your fleet.