Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

That... is actually pretty generous. I appreciate it, thank you.

You could have 8, 16, 100 level 49 characters and get nothing, whereas somebody who went to 50 a single time gets a free month.

Though this is true, it would be a very unusual position for someone to be in. Do you know someone like this?

Edited by smartalectwo

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of sad that Bioware tries to get players to come back by throwing vanity pets at them rather than actually fixing all the major problems they added in this new update.

I appreciate the free month of play time though really the least they could do with what a horrific mess this update has been. If a month from now nothing has improved, don't expect people to stick around though.

Maybe if they give us a free pet every major patch they think players will forget about how bad the game is.

Why reward only level 50 players? We have payed the same amount as them. Maybe even played as much as them. Why not reward those who dont rush through content, who have a family or other preocupations? We enjoy the game the same as most level 50 players.

I am not understanding this at all...

:mad:

Why reward only level 50 players? We have payed the same amount as them. Maybe even played as much as them. Why not reward those who dont rush through content, who have a family or other preocupations? We enjoy the game the same as most level 50 players.

I am not understanding this at all...

:mad:

Level 50s are who the game is designed for . Lvl 1-49 mean nothing.

For everyone saying this is unheard of: Square Enix removed the sub from FF XIVWIUTYA (or whichever one it was) totally, until the game had been fixed.

So it's not unheard of.

It's certainly welcome. Won't be resubbing after the 30days though.

Thanks for the free kicks however. Always nice.

"As a ‘Thank You’ gift, we are giving all active subscribers (as of April 12, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 21, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT) the in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet*, sure to be your new best friend!"

Anyone know if I'll still be able to get the Tauntaun? I cancelled my sub a while ago (due to...personal reasons), but I still have 98 Days left on my sub.

Don't have a 50 so I'm not important, no matter how many 40+/40+ chars I have. All good, I'm canceled anyhow. Needs much more than one warzone to fix the lack of PvP in this game.

Flame on!

Edited by Zarikan

Wait, so let me get this straight.

You are giving me 30 days of free playtime, and the only cost is YOU not releasing incomplete content?

I love your new line of thinking. I hope the adolescence don't bankrupt your company though. People are always going to cry and complain without reason or logic in every facet of life. MMO's aren't special.

I'd like to know this as well. I cancelled my recurring payment but I still have days left and no ban. Will those of us in this position receive it as well? No mail as of yet.

Same. I normally manually resub every month... as I don't know whether I'm able to play month to month due to job requirements and don't want to be on the hook for a sub I'm not using that month.

I just resubbed with 6 days left on this month's sub. Am I boned?

The way I read it was that if you had a current 'Active' sub as of 12:00PM CDT, you're qualified. I think the part about 'have set a recurring sub' part meant at some point - basically that you HAVE signed up before at least once. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I took it.

I've been playing a lot of different characters to experience the whole game, therefore I haven't reached 50 with a single character. My combined character levels are definitely more than 50. What about doing something for players like me?

That is so unfair, and I'm a little miffed even. All accounts that have a level 50 character get a month of free game time to show appreciation of their loyalty... What the flip! I have been playing since December and have eight different characters. Three of which I play often, yet none are level 50. The highest is level 40, but that's because of me playing other characters so much. That shows as much loyalty as having a level 50. I feel people like me who have shown their loyalty in the same fashion, should also get free game time!! Edited by BunnyOfDeath

I saw with the new legacy system we will have possible "Rivals" and "Allies" in the family tree,

I would be really cool if you had a lv 50 flashpoint or Planet mission where- My Lv 50 Empire character gets to fight or go toe to toe with my LV 50 Republic character

For Obvious reasons you couldn't kill either character, but it would be cool to see a fight or mission with my legacy created rivals in their gear and see their look and voice.

Or a mission with my legacies family tree's allies, with the same ideas as above, but the mission would play out depending on how you played your character, light or dark. The light side meaning your legacy character is selfless and and will be a do gooder, or is dark and is brutal and will do anything to get the job done.

For the rival mission you could even have predetermined stats for the fight and the armour would be simply vanity OR you could have it where my character stats are the same as i play and you have a scenario where i win and my Alternate character escapes, or I'm defeated (because my "Rival" running with rakata gear purple and I'm playing a newbie lv 50 green gear) and i escape narrowly. You could have a default sith warrior or default jedi warrior template for those players whom do not have rivals at lv 50.(the same ideas apply for an ally mission) Just thought that would be an EPIC.

This would be good for you to do press wise because to MMO has ever tied together a players Alternate character with missions, and up till now a players alternate is just sitting there doing nothing.

For you guys at BW to do this would, it would be epic story wise as well because it would give the player a sense that he has control over the story because the character the player is running with is a character he or she created.

Overall i think the legacy idea could be great and if you guys attempt this it would solidify that TOR is not afraid of innovation.

That is so unfair, and I'm a little miffed even. All accounts that have a level 50 character get a month of free game time to show appreciation of their loyalty... That the flip! I have been playing since December and have eight different characters. Three of which I play often, yet none are level 50. The highest is level 40, but that's because of me playing other characters so much. That shows as much loyalty as having a level 50. I feel people like me who have shown loyalty, should also get free game time!!

You can please some of the people some of the time, or... etc.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

•You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

•You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

•You must have at least one level 50 character.

•Your account must not be banned.

This is total crap. I have 21 characters on 5 servers playing with different groups of people that I know.

I played an average of 5hrs a day since the first day of early access (BW you can check my account) and I am NOT dedicated? JUST becasue I WASN"T A CONTENT LOCUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the heck decided that my play style was NOT DEDICATED. The game is designed for alts so I played alts.

WHAT THE HECK! :mad:

IT SHOULD BE BASED ON NUMBER OF HOURS PLAYED. Not just logged on and AFK you can check the logs for the activity of each account but NUMBER OF ACTIVE HOURS PLAYED!

NOT just zerging and space barring to 50! :mad:

Edited by Urael