Is it done? Are they gone?

OddballEasyEight

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas we still have the ones who feel compelled to return in about a week to tell the rest of us how great ESO is and how crappy SWTOR is in comparison. Why they stop playing such a great game is a mystery.

Also, we have those who think it's Wildstar that is the second coming and must tell us how much SWTOR sucks compared to it.

Seems like plenty of people are getting bugs that prevent them from even playing the game (or getting kicked out every 5-30 minutes) so they might be back soon.

I'm sure they won't mention the bugs, but if they start hanging out here alot and talking about how great ESO is, this might be a reason :rolleyes:

this^^^

I know one of them already has a new account name....

I know that guy said we would be free of him by the release of eso, now it appears like we will have to wait for wildstar, wait a week, and then go back to hearing about how every game is better than this one yet he still feels compelled to create 50 accounts just to trash this game shouting that he is leaving with each new game without actually leaving when they come.

On the plus side that guy who I shall not name due to forum technicalities is probably responsible for giving this game that he hates but plays "cause its star wars" again and again so much revenue for spending probably close to a thousand by now on new accounts so jokes on him lol.

Edited by Sangrar

Can we call the games that are supposed to kill this one "Star Killers"? Because that would be fun.

Also, after ESO and Wild Star aren't all they're cracked up to be (and ESO gets a F2P model in the coming year), what's the next Star Killer? The supposed Firefly game? A Hunger Games tie-in?

Can we call the games that are supposed to kill this one "Star Killers"? Because that would be fun.

Also, after ESO and Wild Star aren't all they're cracked up to be (and ESO gets a F2P model in the coming year), what's the next Star Killer? The supposed Firefly game? A Hunger Games tie-in?

"Hunger Games Online! Pre-order now to get a head start with the exclusive Survival Bundle including a bottle of water, and a loaf a bread. You'll be the envy of your friends!" :cool:

Can we finally discuss things in this forum without being constantly bombarded by people who think this game is bad but are inexplicably still here?

Have they all left for ESO as they said they would?

:D

One can only hope. But, it'll be just like when Guild Wars 2 or when Mists of PandaLand was released. They say it will be the "TOR-killer" But, they'll come back after two weeks and still complain about TOR. :rolleyes:

Hey, they keep giving BWA their 15 bucks a month (Because those people buy the 6 month plans), for a game they hate. Who am I to complain/

Is ESO even out? Preordered, played the beta and now I'm not very interested in playing the game. Maybe in a week or so when they get the bugs filtered out and there isn't a billion people in the starting areas.

I don't know why people are so freaking tribal about a game. Play if you like it, or don't play it. Whatever. Why grief, and why make it a my game is better than your game issue. Kind of childish.

Supposedly 2015 Q2-ish will bring World of Darkness, which looks damn promising. The issues with its team and layoffs might spell disaster to one of the best ideas in gaming - Vampire The Masquerade MMO. The hardcore nature of the game might not draw too many from this one, though, even if it does turn up an ok game. That won`t stop the Doomsday preachers I`d guess.

Edited by Styxx

Supposedly 2015 Q2-ish will bring World of Darkness, which looks damn promising. The issues with its team and layoffs might spell disaster to one of the best ideas in gaming - Vampire The Masquerade MMO. The hardcore nature of the game might not draw too many from this one, though, even if it does turn up an ok game. That won`t stop the Doomsday preachers I`d guess.

A World of Darkness MMO?

....That might change things.

IF the game is good.

Then again, I'm pretty sure only the next LotR or SW MMO can tear me away from TOR? The only two IPs strong enough to do so.

Is ESO even out? Preordered, played the beta and now I'm not very interested in playing the game. Maybe in a week or so when they get the bugs filtered out and there isn't a billion people in the starting areas.

I don't know why people are so freaking tribal about a game. Play if you like it, or don't play it. Whatever. Why grief, and why make it a my game is better than your game issue. Kind of childish.

its out. early access anyways. judging by the amount of people I've been running into a few preordered it but not as many as some have claimed. then again, I think 5 day access is for imperial edition only, so there may be more people out and about tomorrow

to be honest, given publisher's reputation, I'm surprised (and somewhat impressed) that there aren't MORE bugs. but yeah, people being tribal about the games is hilarious :p and then there's me who just plays whatever, whenever. (I did stop playing neverwinter - 2 MMO's at a time is as much as I can handle, so its ESO and SWTOR for me at this time)

Apparently people dinged 50 in less than 24h.

So even if they're gone they evidently won't be gone long. :p

wow... they must have skipped everything and just speeded through quests or something.

<--barely hit 4 in several hours of playing

there are locusts in every MMO, /sigh.

but it was gonna take huuuuuuuuuuuundreds of hours! Someone said so in the "I love ESO" thread, so it must be true! :rolleyes:

as for the 5 day early access, that was for all online pre-orders and all imperial editions.

Amazon pre-orders will have 3 day early access and the rest of the plebs will fall in line on the 4th :D

Although for alot of people, the game is completely unplayable.

Some can't even log in.

Some can log in but not create a character.

Some can create a character but not get in-game.

Some can get in-game but get booted randomly every 5-30 minutes.

Oh and they only send your pre-order stuff once, so if you forget to put that in your shared character bank and delete that character, it's gone forever. :cool:

Yup, one helluva successful launch. :ph_win:

Edited by OddballEasyEight

We already have Hunger Games MMORPG, sort of. It is called DayZ. Nobody bothers to kill the alleged zombies, but gank each other, sometimes forging temporary alliances to later gank each other. Seems like Hunger Games to me...

And Firefly was an amazing show, but probably not enough to actually build a MMO around...

but it was gonna take huuuuuuuuuuuundreds of hours! Someone said so in the "I love ESO" thread, so it must be true! :rolleyes:

as for the 5 day early access, that was for all online pre-orders and all imperial editions.

Amazon pre-orders will have 3 day early access and the rest of the plebs will fall in line on the 4th :D

Some can't even log in.

Oh and they only send your pre-order stuff once, so if you forget to put that in your shared character bank and delete that character, it's gone forever. :cool:

aaah, gloating. though to be fair, after all the mudslinging we've been dealing with towards SWTOR, can't say I blame you.. much :p me, I'm one of the lucky ones that has mostly unimpeded access to the game (I crushed once, when being transported out of tutorial prison section, but after that, its smooth sailing) not looking forward to the outpouring of hate and disappointment though. kinda feeling bad for Bethesda and Zenimax, even perfect launch would have been seen critically, but now.... youch.

and yeah, whoever thought it was a good idea to make preorder/beta/etc rewards one item per account? needs to have their decision making privileges revoked. (lost my beta monkey :( hope it can be restored, but I'm not holding my breath)

last but not least, I'm guessing addon lovers will be pleased... eventually. becasue vanilla UI is.. a little too sparse >_>

Edited by Jeweledleah

Yes. Everybody is gone. There are no people here anymore. We all our living our memories out within one another and are one with the force. Everybody has gone to ESO. The forums are not here, the people have all left, the site has gone down, no more money is coming in and the game is done. What you are seeing is simply...not real WAKE UP! :eek:

Only WoD I've played was a Changeling game that went seriously awry and unfortunately did not involve a golem made from waste nuclear material stolen from France, but did have a vampire possessing a nearby town and attempting to eat us all.

I'm guessing that MMO wouldn't be anything like that.

Some can't even log in.

1. You obviously have a disliking to ESO

2. You've made a thread about ESO

3. You're spending the time of your day to talk about how bad you think ESO is

4. You're crying about launch issues. Seriously. It's the launch of probably the most popular MMO of this year. What do you expect? Are you mad that you can't log in? Maybe you should have expected there would be issues.

By the way, no MMO launch is perfect. Though so far ESO has been running pretty well. I've had one or two bits of lag but since Ive been playing practically non stop from 10 minutes after the server went up, it's gone quite smoothly for me.

Maybe you're jealous? Maybe this is your defence reflex? Maybe deep down you're scared to leave this game, scared of change because you've played this game for so long.

It's okay. We all understand.

Edited by Vallins

I read it was less than 18 hours , quite short for a 3 class game really.Shame takes 6 years plus to create these MMO's and then people do that.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I read it was less than 18 hours , quite short for a 3 class game really.Shame takes 6 years plus to create these MMO's and then people do that.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It's called powerlevelling. Most likely through grinding mobs, or these people played beta, went in a group of 4, learned what quest to do at what point, figure out the best way to level etc..

I've been playing for 22 hours and i'm only level 12. And it takes around 2 hours to get to level 10 on korriban :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Vallins.

/Agreewithmyself.

Edited by Vallins